• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Timurid

BHLIUhDCIAAypH0.jpg:large

Les remplaçant côté #PSG : Douchez, Armand, Jallet, Beckham, Lucas, Pastore, Lavezzi.

Rennes team: Costil, Mavinga, Kana Biyik, Boye, Danze, A. Diarra, Pajot, Feret, Pitroipa, C. Diarra, Diallo.

Wes

venison crêpe
Stoke getting a little back in to this before the half.

I'm so desperate for us to score again before half time. I've seen this 1-0 lead at the half story before and it never ends well.

jtb

Banned
Then we need to stop playing Podolski period because as a centre forward he sucks.

he's a decent finisher. good player that should be a squad player or a support striker for someone like Giroud. agree that he's not good enough to lead the line though.

arkon

Bayern scoring and Dortmund equalizing too lol

This flashscores website is pretty good for keeping up to date. ESPN's is too far behind.

Zabojnik

I don't think Cunte is aware of that btw.

:/

I don't know, man. I think the 3-5-2 is too demanding on some players, external midfielders especially. They have to excel both in attacking and defending, which requires a very special breed. Licht is a defender first, Asa more of a containing midfielder. I wish he'd sign someone like Cuadrado or Robben next season. I'd sacrifice some of our defending capabilities and team balance for a true attacking winger in a heartbeat. We need more offensive options, stat. So Marotta better bring a brilliant winger or two world-class strikers.

Wes

venison crêpe
Stoke are only going to play better in the second half.

We really needed a second goal in that half.

Anyone else got a feeling Stoke will score a last minute equaliser? Its just how Villa's season ahs been going

Preferred lineup for tomorrow

------------Reina--------------

Johnson-Carra-Agger-Enrique

------------Lucas---------------
-----Gerrard----Henderson---

Downing-------------Coutinho
------------Suarez--------------

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A cheeky back heel to win the title.
KuGsj.gif

Zabojnik said:
:/

I don't know, man. I think the 3-5-2 is too demanding on some players, external midfielders especially. They have to excel both in attacking and defending, which requires a very special breed. Licht is a defender first, Asa more of a containing midfielder. I wish he'd sign someone like Cuadrado or Robben next season. I'd sacrifice some of our defending capabilities and team balance for a true attacking winger in a heartbeat.

How good is Cuadrado anyway? I haven't paid much attention to him this season. I'll pass if he's one of those one-trick ponies.

Wilbur

Banned
Anyone else got a feeling Stoke will score a last minute equaliser? Its just how Villa's season ahs been going

Yeah, they'll rue that Weimann miss.

If they stay up then they'll only improve next season. Very good manager, talented young team (although they'll lose Benteke), and their kids are the best in Europe.

arkon

Preferred lineup for tomorrow

------------Reina--------------

Johnson-Carra-Agger-Enrique

------------Lucas---------------
-----Gerrard----Henderson---

Downing-------------Coutinho
------------Suarez--------------

Stoke are only going to play better in the second half.

We really needed a second goal in that half.

Yes. Another Villa goal would do nicely. Preferably right after the restart, just to sucker-punch Stoke.

Wes

venison crêpe
"Villa have conceded more goals after half time (39) than any other club."

Get your bets on now lads.

I'd go with Owen to score in the 82nd minute personally.

Suen

Is Malaga playing a second team? They are 3-1 down at half time...
They haven't been that great in away matches and Sociedad is doing good this season. Wasn't going to be easy but yeah three goals just at half time is...bad lol.

Top Bottom