• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Fry

Ass AIDS > Mario Gomez
Bayern Munich > Felipe

ibpbVEpU3NfpwV.gif

Keio

For a Finer World
Amazing to see other players rotate false 9 for Barca. Messi IS amazing but holy shit how his teammates can also deliver there.

Clegg

Not excited for the Manchester derby. I know I should be but the 15 point gap has taken the importance off this fixture imo. I know we have a couple of tricky fixtures still to come but even I can say that the league is already over.

The relegation and 3rd/4th spot races are more exciting now.

Wilbur

Banned
Not excited for the Manchester derby. I know I should be but the 15 point gap has taken the importance off this fixture imo. I know we have a couple of tricky fixtures still to come but even I can say that the league is already over.

The relegation and 3rd/4th spot races are more exciting now.

Yeah, title race is pretty much over but I'm still excited. If we lose, City can carry on their spiel about 12 points not being a true reflection and that shit. 18 points can be a fucking statement, Cleff.

Yeah, title race is pretty much over but I'm still excited. If we lose, City can carry on their spiel about 12 points not being a true reflection and that shit. 18 points can be a fucking statement, Cleff.

We've been losing more games recently than the usual, RVP really needs to step it up. Ffs.

You will react, it will be Everton 2 - 1 Spurs! For the LOLZ

In Holtby we trust. Time for the team to step up, i actually think we might create more tomorrow, no Bale or Lennon to look for, work it through the middle more. I just hope AVB doesn't do something stupid like Naughton RB and Walker RW....

Wilbur

Banned
We've been losing more games recently than the usual, RVP really needs to step it up. Ffs.

Well, Madrid and Chelsea away. Flopped in the cups and I'm pretty disappointed with that. Could have made a real fist of the treble. Proud of our performance against Madrid though, really am. And when we hold that fucking PL trophy aloft I'll be ecstatic.

Haven't lost in the league since November.

Wilbur

Banned
In Holtby we trust. Time for the team to step up, i actually think we might create more tomorrow, no Bale or Lennon to look for, work it through the middle more. I just hope AVB doesn't do something stupid like Naughton RB and Walker RW....

Naughton's been fucking shite every time I've seen him. Where is KABOUL

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Dembele, Parker; Dempsey, Holtby, Sigurdsson; Adebayor

should be your team. Not that you have too many other options.

Well, Madrid and Chelsea away. Flopped in the cups and I'm pretty disappointed with that. Could have made a real fist of the treble. Proud of our performance against Madrid though, really am. And when we hold that fucking PL trophy aloft I'll be ecstatic.

The away game against Madrid was one of the best performance of this season and in CL in recent memory until Nani happened. We didn't do much against Chelsea sadly, was really hoping everyone would bring their A game away, I don't even remember much of the game as it was too horrible. I hope we really get City, don't care about the gap as much as just winning them.

Clegg

I agree with Graham Hunter's appraisal of Alexis Sanchez:

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham 33m

This isn't perjorative, only analytical. But in Liga you get used to seeing football intelligent players. Esp top 4 clubs. Alexis ain't

He works hard he can score he can assist. But his football brain is small. He ain't smart

Ok, for those whose heads are turned by a flurry and can't watch patterns. Alexis' form and confidence aren't my point.

Give yourselves, say, 3 Alexis starting games. Watch his basic choices in both critical and non critical moments. On and off ball. Compare

Wilbur

Banned
FC Beautiful, too bad there are people who does not enjoy us

When you play like that, I like it.

2008/09

Messi, Eto'o, Henry. Fast, direct football. A mix of tiki taka possession and ultra fast counter attacking. Fuck man, that team was fucking great.

The away game against Madrid was a great performance until Nani happened, for sure. We didn't do much against Chelsea sadly. I hope we really get City, don't care about the gap as much as just winning them.

Yeah, I really want to win it. Will piss me off if we lose and we have to hear Mancini talk all summer about how we're actually much closer in quality and the points gap wasn't indicative of anything. Little sperm head.

Kikarian

The away game against Madrid was one of the best performance of this season and in CL in recent memory until Nani happened. We didn't do much against Chelsea sadly, was really hoping everyone would bring their A game away, I don't even remember much of the game as it was too horrible. I hope we really get City, don't care about the gap as much as just winning them.
I hope we fucking destroy the cunts and then film Mancini's face for the next hour.

Naughton's been fucking shite every time I've seen him. Where is KABOUL

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Dembele, Parker; Dempsey, Holtby, Sigurdsson; Adebayor

should be your team. Not that you have too many other options.

Indeed, that is our strongest 11 without paceys.

Kaboul has been training but I think this season will be too soon for him, maybe a final day appearence depending on our situation but yeah I imagine a few bench appearences is best we can hope for beast 1.

Clegg

Mmm, at Udinese he was genuinely brilliant. Reminded me of Ronaldo. I just think Barcelona was the wrong move.

He went on to say that he's an instinctive player and right now he isn't suited to Barca.

It's obv hard to leave the best side in the world but it might be good for him if he decided to look for a new club.

Linius

You have to be a terrible team if Cesc and Alexis scores 2 goals each one. Like the worst team on BBVA Liga....

The other one I found didn't show the goal as good. But when Higuain scores such an amazing goal it's worth.

Give me a YT link and I'll make you a proper gif :p

TeegsD

Wow Ricky Van Volkswagon does it again! 2-1

Great link up play to create the goal. If only they'd fucking do this more often.

arkon

He went on to say that he's an instinctive player and right now he isn't suited to Barca.

It's obv hard to leave the best side in the world but it might be good for him if he decided to look for a new club.

Should have gone to United.

Wilbur

Banned

Would have been incredible at United or Madrid. Juve should make a cheeky bid.

Clegg

Our best performances in this season have been against Madrid twice, City and Everton at home.

Against City we sat deep and countered brilliantly. We soaked up Madrid's pressure and had plenty of our own chances but couldn't finish them. And against Everton we were just so solid. They only threatened a couple of times and we dominated for most of the game.

When we've needed to up our performances we've managed to do it. I'm hopeful that we can do that again. If City fail to win then any slim hope they had of winning the league will be gone.

That should be enough motivation for United.

Meanwhile at Messi's house.

"...fuck. 4-0 without me.. I should text Tito to sell Cesc"
Messi didn't even bother to go to the stadium to watch?

I got two options here:
1 - what an arrogant piece of shit can't even be bothered to support his team mates, but they're probably not team mates to him they're his slaves

2 - yeah makes sense he's wired up to all that blood spinning machinery

Top Bottom