• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

I'm baffled. Leading two goals, 11 vs 10 and we still manage to do dumb stuff in the box. Whether those were penalties or not, we should've been much more careful, it was pretty clear that they were gonna try and get a draw in any way possible. Especially after the first penalty they saw how easy it was to get one, and they went for it.

Tagliavento has made some dumb mistakes today, definitely, but our team wasn't good enough as well, clearly. Again, 2-0/11 vs 10, and we draw. In a vital match for the 2nd place.

Feorax

Isn't Diame's contract clause something like £3 million? We're in desperate need of DM cover, we could do a lot worse.

Hixx

Anfield's atmosphere has been dogshit for years

The 'special European nights' make me roll my eyes like no other footballing cliche

"Areet lads, belt out YNWA and wave them flags as they come out. As soon as the whistle gans, sit down and shut the fuck up!"

PowderedToast

Who was saying Anfield was the loudest? Because..... :lol :lol

we are terrible for league games that aren't man u/everton

The 'special European nights' make me roll my eyes like no other footballing cliche

"Areet lads, belt out YNWA and wave them flags as they come out. As soon as the whistle gans, sit down and shut the fuck up!"

but this couldn't be more wrong. the zenit atmosphere was incredible

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm baffled. Leading two goals, 11 vs 10 and we still manage to do dumb stuff in the box. Whether those were penalties or not, we should've been much more careful, it was pretty clear that they were gonna try and get a draw in any way possible. Especially after the first penalty they saw how easy it was to get one, and they went for it.

Tagliavento has made some dumb mistakes today, definitely, but our team wasn't good enough as well, clearly. Again, 2-0/11 vs 10, and we draw. In a vital match for the 2nd place.

And what a daft yellow from Balo, now he's going to miss Napoli's game.

SMD

If you're on the Kop, it's brilliant, it sounds really loud and you're stood singing the whole time. You can barely hear it at the front of the Kop, let alone the rest of the ground.

Hixx

If you're on the Kop, it's brilliant, it sounds really loud and you're stood singing the whole time. You can barely hear it at the front of the Kop, let alone the rest of the ground.

Loads of grounds are like that now

All the lads that want to sing are forced into little sections in the back of stands. Clubs say they create these areas so like-minded people can get together but imo it just makes stewarding them easier to organize. The effect it's had at the SoL has been a disaster for example.

Says a lot when Stoke are still thought of as being loud when they've been very quiet for the last 2 years

edit: 4-4-2 it is.

Mignolet, Bardsley, Rose, O’Shea (c), Kilgallon, N’Diaye, Gardner, Larsson, Johnson, Sessegnon, Wickham.

Happy Wickham is playing. Really hope Sess is playing off Wickham so Larsson isn't play centrally. If he is... it's the same old shit. Apart from Bramble being dropped. Paolo probably realised he is far too fucking fat to be playing PL football.

L1NETT

Mignolet, Bardsley, Rose, O’Shea, Kilgallon, N’Diaye, Gardner, Larsson, Johnson, Sessegnon, Wickham #CFC

Hmmm. Wickham?

SMD

Loads of grounds are like that now

All the lads that want to sing are forced into little sections in the back of stands. Clubs say they create these areas so like-minded people can get together but imo it just makes stewarding them easier to organize. The effect it's had at the SoL has been a disaster for example.

Says a lot when Stoke are still thought of as being loud when they've been very quiet for the last 2 years

It's always better when you go away because everyone stands, everyone sings and it just comes across really loud. Away fans at Anfield are in the lower Anfield Road end so it beats the back of the Kop for volume just by placement.

Hixx

Mignolet, Bardsley, Rose, O’Shea, Kilgallon, N’Diaye, Gardner, Larsson, Johnson, Sessegnon, Wickham #CFC

Hmmm. Wickham?

Rather play Wickham than Danny Graham. Graham works his knackers off but he's just bog-standard really.

Oscar, Mata, Hazard & Ba starting. Oh well.

GorillaJu

Rather dull half. Man Suarez can take some good corners, though. I'd like to see him split duties with Gerrard. He's great at dead balls.

sohois

You could tell within 5 minutes that West Ham have come for a draw, they've nearly always had at least 8 back to defend. They've done it well enough, to be fair to 'em. Liverpool do look like they could break it down but at the moment either the final ball or someone's first touch is just missing. Suarez in particular has been guilty, he's trying to do far too much.

I think the Liverpool will come out better second half; once Sturridge came on it looked like there was some confusion over who was playing where which should hopefully be cleared up. West Ham have been pretty dire going forward but they do have a threat from set pieces, though any team threatens from set pieces against Liverpool.

You could tell within 5 minutes that West Ham have come for a draw, they've nearly always had at least 8 back to defend. They've done it well enough, to be fair to 'em. Liverpool do look like they could break it down but at the moment either the final ball or someone's first touch is just missing. Suarez in particular has been guilty, he's trying to do far too much.

I think the Liverpool will come out better second half; once Sturridge came on it looked like there was some confusion over who was playing where which should hopefully be cleared up. West Ham have been pretty dire going forward but they do have a threat from set pieces, though any team threatens from set pieces against Liverpool.

They better. I need FF points, Suarez needs to score a hat trick with 3 assists by Gerrard.

Top Bottom