• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Lightning

Banned
It's been 8 years, kinda hard to not bring it up when Arsenal are involved.
Given the status, size and expectation of our club it's understandable but trophy drought aside their are positives to take out of this 8 years given the financial burden we placed on ourselves with the Emirates move and what it represented to our club.

A few negatives as well though. No trophies, losing our best players and not being able to complete wages and transfer fee wise with the biggest clubs being the obvious negatives.

Damn, I thought it was Genoa - Napoli, not Napoli - Genoa tonight. Not that Genoa would have any chance of taking a point home anyway, but still. I could at least hope. Not so. :/

Please, you are winning the league anyway, let Genoa relegate instead of Palermo pls even if it means 3 napoli points.

Given the status, size and expectation of our club it's understandable but trophy drought aside their are positives to take out of this 8 years given the financial burden we placed on ourselves with the Emirates move and what it represented to our club.

A few negatives as well though. No trophies, losing our best players and not being able to complete wages and transfer fee wise with the biggest clubs being the obvious negatives.

What's been more disappointing than the lack of trophies is the lack of steady progress. We are arguably even further from winning silverware than we were when we arrived at the Emirates

Successful final third passes today...Walker 24, Dempsey 8.

I like Deuce but only for 15 minutes when we need a goal. He's a clumsy player and he did nothing in his 90 minutes today. He should have come off at half-time.

Dempsey has a fucking terrible first touch. If it wasn't for his goals against United I'd wonder what he's done at all to get into the squad.

Lightning

Banned
What's been more disappointing than the lack of trophies is the lack of steady progress. We are arguably even further from winning silverware than we were when we arrived at the Emirates
Because of the financial burden we carried. It wouldn't be immediately noticed because we sold our best players gradually and did not have the money to adequately replace them. Also think Arsene Wenger is holding us back with his refusal to pay over a certain fee or fix obvious issues with our squad that have been there for quite some time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh and PALERMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You missed the game?

Sannino's words to Dybala before he entered the pitch: "Attack the space, watch the goal and remember that I love you!"

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Dempsey has a fucking terrible first touch. If it wasn't for his goals against United I'd wonder what he's done at all to get into the squad.

I always think 'its ok, he pops up with the odd goal'.

Today was the last straw though, was terrible. Why not give Ceballos a go? Or whatever the kid is called. I cant believe we have put ourselves in this position again though, why do we never buy when we need to. Not having an impact sub is starting to hurt us, opposition must laugh when they see Huddlestone, Livermore, Carroll, Ekotto etc warming up.

Guess it would be different if we had Defoe, Lennon and Bale fit but even so no excuse for our lack of options.

Wigan have been appalling to be fair they haven't even tried to stretch QPR

Cunts have probably allowed QPR to stay up and everyone to wank over Arry when he's just got lucky

Top Bottom