• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Taarabt ducked

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I always think 'its ok, he pops up with the odd goal'.

Today was the last straw though, was terrible. Why not give Ceballos a go? Or whatever the kid is called. I cant believe we have put ourselves in this position again though, why do we never buy when we need to. Not having an impact sub is starting to hurt us, opposition must laugh when they see Huddlestone, Livermore, Carroll, Ekotto etc warming up.

Guess it would be different if we had Defoe, Lennon and Bale fit but even so no excuse for our lack of options.

Loaning out Townsend was a massive mistake. I said so many times Lennon was going to get injured like he does around this time every season. And then he did. There was no point having three central midfielders on the bench either. He could have put Bale Jr on the bench and then at least there would be an option with some pace. Dempsey... every time Kyle Walker picked up the ball Dempsey was never ahead of him. At least Sigurdsson was out wide sometimes. Dempsey was never out wide and never in the box where he could do some damage. I don't know where Dempsey was playing, but he was never where he needed to be.

The ref was terrible today as well. He got so much wrong.

Suen

loooooooooooooooooooooool QPR. Laughed so much, everything about that free kick screamed a last minute goal and I was ready for it to happen and it did. Great end to the game :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
170649-300x193.jpg

Kyoufu

This season is amazing for relegation battle. Whoever just manages to stay afloat should win the title. Fuck Man Utd.

Wes

venison crêpe
Assuming QPR and Reading are already down, and Southampton and Newcastle likely only need one more win to be safe, let's look at the remaining fixtures:

Norwich - 35 points
Arsenal away
Reading home
Stoke away
Aston Villa home

West Brom home
Man City away

Stoke - 34 points
Man United home
QPR away
Norwich home
Sunderland away

Tottenham home
Southampton away

Aston Villa - 33 points
Fulham home
Man United away
Sunderland home
Norwich away
Chelsea home
Wigan away

Sunderland - 31 points
Newcastle away
Everton home
Aston Villa away
Stoke home

Southampton home
Tottenham away

Wigan - 30 points + game in hand
Man City away
West Ham away
Tottenham home
West Brom away
Swansea home
Arsenal away
Aston Villa home

I think Wigan have the toughest run in but it really could come down to 4 teams on the last day of the season.

Top Bottom