• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This guy...

ceIihkf.png

His agent was probably Mino Raiola.

LegoArmo

Since United won the title, and this season is over, can we get some formations for the start of the next? Inc. Rooney in midfield, Falcao, and Strootman.

Villa are still looking good on the ball. Just naive defending.

I want both them an Wigan to stay up but it is not gonna happen so I hope it is Villa as I like Lambert (and the youth policy) and would expect Martinez to move on to a bigger team in the summer either way.

Newcastle please!

dc89

United need that acoustics engineer now. They've won their twentieth title and the place is like a library.

Jesus shut fuck!

People have to stop being bitter and just let our United bros celebrate. The "your fans aren't loud enough" shit is pathetic, to be honest.

Wilbur

Banned
No. We just need people to have a little consideration and not post the same gifs 10 times in a row so the page can load properly.

Ferran%20Soriano%20and%20Graham%20Cash%20800x450.ashx

“Today is an extremely important day for the future of Manchester City Football Club. We are now in a position, after 4 years of research and planning, to execute that strategy."
Manchester City CEO Ferran Soriano (pictured right)

Welcome to the Manchester City Football Academy

C_71_article_1588758_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

The City Academy is a landmark project for not only Manchester City, but also English football, It is simply unrivaled in it's ambition.

The £200m development will bring the following;

- A new Academy for up to 400 young players with classrooms for 200
- On site accommodation for junior and senior players
- 16.5 football pitches, 12 of them dedicated to players aged from 8 to 21
- A state of the art first team building with changing rooms, gym, refectory and injury and rehab centre
- A 7000 capacity stadium for youth matches
- Staff offices and a dedicated media centre
- A bridge linking the site to the Etihad Stadium and the rest of the Etihad Campus

The project will transform the area around the stadium completely.

Artists impressions:

Flyover video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wabNqKx8FqA&feature=plcp

B]Reaction:[/B]

“I can’t tell you how impressed I am, I’ve watched the club develop from the old days when I was just a fan going down to Platt Lane, talking to managers and players after training and now we’re looking at a club that’s going to be leading the world really, isn’t it?”

I’m a Mancunian and I’m very proud of my City. The fact that the city council are on board and that the whole of that area is being completely rebuilt, redesigned, is great.

Manchester is the place to be and Manchester City is the club to be at."

Ian Cheeseman - BBC

“It’s impressive in its size, it’s impressive in its thoroughness, it’s impressive in its detail and the way in which it’s using the local community to get it off the ground,” he commented.

“I think there are huge benefits of having all the players from all age groups on the same site, not many football clubs manage it, because you need a huge facility.

“But if you have the young players, senior players, all the way through the ages on the same site, you’ll get a greater continuity of coaching; you’ll get young players who become accustomed to being on a grand stage in a big facility."

Ian Ladyman - Daily Mail

“I think something that is really clear is that since Sheikh Mansour took over is that he always wanted the club to be sustainable.

“It is a long-term commitment from the football club and I am really excited about it because once you’ve seen the plans and images, you can’t wait for the work to start.

“I think the club is creating something fantastic because when you are a footballer, you want to develop yourself and you are looking for the best facilities to achieve those aims.

“I think these facilities will give all the young players from the youth to the first team the chance to improve and to challenge themselves.

“When you bring a young talented player to your club, you want to give them the best chance to achieve their dream of playing for our first team, and I think the CFA facilities will give them what they will need to improve themselves.

“If you are a young boy from Africa and you come into a football club like City and you have the chance to train everyday in the facilities like the ones we will build, it is something you dream about.”

“I believe that football development is a really important part of the project but I think the CFA will help the community and surrounding areas because it will create jobs for the local people.

“It will regenerate parts of the city and the economic aspect will be very important as well. That’s why I think as a football club you feel proud to be part of something really good.

“This area of Manchester is completely going to change, and I think it will benefit everyone who loves Manchester and who lives there.”

Patrick Vieira

Clegg

Sky commentator: "Valencia has had his usual excellent game on the right wing."

Has he watched Valencia play this season?

Top Bottom