• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Noirulus

Barça before Pep was average and after him the squad is average. He only lost 2 matches against Madrid and handed down beatings like 2-6, 5-0 and 1-3.

Mourinho walked into a great RM squad and Inter wasn't garbage they were dominating Italy just needed that european push. what big name coach will go to manage a mid-table team? that's right none.

(Prior to Pep's arrival) They were only average performance wise, because the squad became a bunch of egos with no style of play. While I don't think Barcelona (after Pep took over) had a great amount of depth, you can't seriously say a team with Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Messi, Alves etc is average...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What the hell is he trying to do?
KuGsj.gif

Sloane

Banned
And what kind of source is that? Why is Heynckes' agent talking about that kind of stuff and why should he know more than anyone else lol?
I'm not talking a out Heynckes agent, Sammer and Rummenigge more or less confirmed it weeks ago, unless I've missed something.

Disgusting that Klopp let's him play.

arkon

Well does he have a suitable replacement? I mean why scupper your chances in the present just to make a point to a player. As long as the player is performing to the required level, it should be fine.

qindarka

Banned
It's in Dortmund's best interest to let one of their best players participate if Klopp thinks he is properly motivated for it. And there is no reason he shouldn't be, imminent move or not, a CL semi is a huge deal.

Sloane

Banned
Well does he have a suitable replacement? I mean why scupper your chances in the present just to make a point to a player. As long as the player is performing to the required level, it should be fine.
It's not only about making a point but about the fans, too. Should have let Kevin play.

If he is willing to sign a contract now, before the season is even done, for another team that you could potentially play in the final, then it suggests his head and heart are elsewhere. Fans want players who they feel are committed to the cause, who want to play for them in these events. Goetze was so overjoyed at the prospect of joining Bayern he couldn't wait.

Personally, I don't believe a player is bigger than a club. I would drop him even if this were the Final.

They should start him and then sub him in the first minute so the crowd can give him a proper send off

This got such a huge smile from me. Announcer should curse him off the pitch too. I would buy a Dortmund jersey right then.

pulga

Banned
where should guardiola have gone to to 'prove himself'? genuinely curious. like error said, why would any big name coach go to a mid-table team?

Arsenal, of course! Let us see what he does with the youth system and the stingy board!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal's agent: "Bayern made a €45m offer for Vidal but Juventus categorically refused to negotiate."

Confirmed then.

BAYERN

STAHP

ARTURO NON SI TOCCA

Edit: That was probably Heynecks' agent again, sorry. :lol

bjaelke

Lopez – Ramos, Pepe, Varane, Coentrao – Khedira, Xabi Alonso – Modric, Özil, Ronaldo – Higuain

Weidenfelller - Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Bender, Gündogan - Kuba, Götze, Reus - Lewandowski

pulga

Banned
Vidal's agent: "Bayern made a €45m offer for Vidal but Juventus categorically refused to negotiate."

Confirmed then.

BAYERN

STAHP

ARTURO NON SI TOCCA

FUCK OFF BAYERN YOU GREEDY SONS A BITCHES

FUCK OFF PEP YOU BALD CUNT

Sloane

Banned
Well, presumably the fans want to see the team progress and potentially win the CL more than anything else.
And I believe our chances were better with either Kevin or Sahin instead of Götze, who will have a hard time today no matter what and hasn't seemed focused for weeks.

arkon

If he is willing to sign a contract now, before the season is even done, for another team that you could potentially play in the final, then it suggests his head and heart are elsewhere. Fans want players who they feel are committed to the cause, who want to play for them in these events. Goetze was so overjoyed at the prospect of joining Bayern he couldn't wait.

Personally, I don't believe a player is bigger than a club. I would drop him even if this were the Final.

I'd leave that up to the coach to decide. He surely has a better idea of the player's mindset.

Confirmed then.

BAYERN

STAHP

ARTURO NON SI TOCCA

wat. maybe the board just threw it out there for poops and giggles.

no way they spend 45m on someone who plays ostensibly the same role when Javi Martinez cost 36m.

bud

martinez had a great game yesterday, but i still don't see why bayern spent forty million euros on him. he's no carroll.

Regarding the little cunt, no we don't have a proper replacement now. But a 4-3-3 with either Sahin or Großkreutz instead would have been just fine.

I'm not talking a out Heynckes agent, Sammer and Rummenigge more or less confirmed it weeks ago, unless I've missed something.

I know, was just wondering what the fuck is up with Heynckes' agent lol

Honestly, if Lewandowski really signed a contract at Bayern (still looked like he could have joined United/etc. to me), sell him now. Will suck for us but honestly, Lewandowski and Götze both joining that Bayern team will be also difficult for Bayern.

Confirmed then.

BAYERN

STAHP

ARTURO NON SI TOCCA

I'd say that must be from before they bought Martinez, though. Could see them offer 5m more than for Martinez, buying him now would be crazy.

Top Bottom