• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Tecl0n

I saw jouracule tweet about it:

Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule 45m
Enrique Reyes (agent Jupp Heynckes): "Robert Lewandowski going to Bayern Munich? Yes, they have signed him." [cadena cope]

tumblr_m4wpubXNPG1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Suen

but but but Rumbo......

[timerda]
Obviously Falcao and Cavani
[/timerda]

PSG will get Rumbo or Cavani

Fuck no what a waste of time, Falcao going to PSG is even worse than going to Utd. I want at least one of them at Madrid. Bale would be awesome too but if Spurs make it to the top four it would be more interesting to see how far he can take the team in CL. In order for me:

Falcao > Cavani > Bale > Aguero

Meier

But PSG's oil lords will. Need to keep that "dream project" alive.

Leonardo was quoted as saying Ibra and Lavezzi won't be leaving and that they're not interested in Cavani. Obviously this means jack shit, but that's their public answer at the moment.

"The Uruguayan is not our goal this summer," the Brazilian told Sky Sport Italia. "You should not expect a sensational transfer market [from PSG] because we already have champions."

Leonardo, who has been linked with a return to Inter of late, was just as definitive when it came to discussing his own future in the French capital, as well as the possible departures of Ibrahimovic and Ezequiel Lavezzi.

"I will stay in Paris next year in the same way as Ibrahimovic and Lavezzi," the former AC Milan star added.

"I have a good relationship with [Inter president Massimo] Moratti, but I don't have the intention of returning to Italy.

"If there are many teams interested in them [Ibrahimovic and Lavezzi], it just means that we had a good transfer market last summer!"

Leonardo added that Carlo Ancelotti will only leave the club if he wants to.

"We want him to stay, but his future is in his own hands," he revealed.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/04/24/3928615/-?

Koko

Banned
Fuck no what a waste of time, Falcao going to PSG is even worse than going to Utd. I want at least one of them at Madrid. Bale would be awesome too but if Spurs make it to the top four it would be more interesting to see how far he can take the team in CL. In order for me:

Falcao > Cavani > Bale > Aguero

:lol start from left to right and that's my order of preference.

Great article on Mino Raiola, and why Ibra-Juve is going to happen because he wants it to.

That particular thing happened with Van Bommel too. Galliani said he was looking for a midfielder, Raiola suggested MVB, the Gold Tie said that he was too old and he wouldn't be suited for Milan. Raiola kept pushing on him, and we eventually bought him.

Milan wasn't even remotely interested in him, and we ended up with an amazing midfielder. Still good, despite his age.

Linius

Yesh, playing my fourth season of manager mode in FIFA finally paid off. I can go to Spurs, Liverpool or Newcastle. Think I'm gonna lead Spurs to glory and pride.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Leonardo was quoted as saying Ibra and Lavezzi won't be leaving and that they're not interested in Cavani. Obviously this means jack shit, but that's their public answer at the moment.
Trust me, they're BOTH going to leave this summer. He's trying to keep their market value up.

Lavezzi will probably go to Milan, if he isn't a dumb fuck.

Suen

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/04/24/3928615/-?
This summer transfer window is going to be quite interesting. Like you said it doesn't mean anything and if Ibra is really leaving to Juve this summer then PSG will need to find a replacement. Of course cash shouldn't be a problem for them....question is who they will be going for.
Cavani to PSG though? Feels so weird, I can't imagine him being there. With the positive attitude he has towards Madrid it feels even less likely he'd choose PSG as a destination. There's always a chance that Rooney might step in, after all Ibra said that Rooney at PSG would be a welcoming addition. It's been Ibra's plan all the time, leave for Juve and let Shrek take the empty spot.

Pachimari

I honestly don't care about transfers at the moment. Actually the only one I'm sure I want is Carvajal back at Madrid. And for Mourinho to stay but he won't.

I just want to win that 10th Champions League. =;)

bud

I had over on yesterday's match. Could easily see it happen again tonight.

Probably already denied, but are Bayern going to purchase the entire squad?

yeah, i actually think the chances of today's match having >2.5 goals is greater than with yesterday's match.

Is there a man more fortunate in football than Guardiola? He literally walks into managing Barcelona, is now given another dream team and is heralded as one of the best coaches in the game because of the success he's had.

fe2083b8_smh.gif

Shit, his next "challenge" will probably be managing Celtic next

I had over on yesterday's match. Could easily see it happen again tonight.

Probably already denied, but are Bayern going to purchase the entire squad?

lol. As much as I'd like to see him back at Bayern Munich, Hummels is never coming back.

Plus we just fired his dad last year.

Damn you Klinsi!

Linius

I would have loved for Pep to take control of Arsenal. Then I was also able to still root for him. But no, he went to fucking Bayern of all clubs :(

bud

guardiola gets too much flack on here. has any team ever played football as beautiful and perfect as guardiola's barca? it's not like that was the first time a coach had such a fantastic team at his disposal either.

Noirulus

tbh Barca was shit before Guardiola arrived. He did inherit a strong squad, but they weren't playing well before he shaped them into what they are now.

bud

but rijkaard's barcelona wasn't anywhere near guardiola's barca's level in terms of passing and their high pressing in particular. rijkaard's barcelona was more about individuals like ronaldinho and deco whereas guardiola's barcelona was more of a team effort if that makes sense.

avaya

Guardiola's doctor from Brescia is very good. Better than Fuentes.

The German's as ever playing catch up and have now surpassed the doping Spaniards.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Barça before Pep was average and after him the squad is average. He only lost 2 matches against Madrid and handed down beatings like 2-6, 5-0 and 1-3.

Mourinho walked into a great RM squad and Inter wasn't garbage they were dominating Italy just needed that european push. what big name coach will go to manage a mid-table team? that's right none.

arkon

Is there a man more fortunate in football than Guardiola? He literally walks into managing Barcelona, is now given another dream team and is heralded as one of the best coaches in the game because of the success he's had.

fe2083b8_smh.gif

Shit, his next "challenge" will probably be managing Celtic next

Mourinho has inherited similarly strong teams since leaving Porto.

Barça before Pep was average and after him the squad is average. He only lost 2 matches against Madrid and handed down beatings like 2-6, 5-0 and 1-3.

Mourinho walked into a great RM squad and Inter wasn't garbage they were dominating Italy just needed that european push. what big name coach will go to manage a mid-table team? that's right none.

There are criticisms of Mourinho in this regard as well, but unlike Pep, he won the Champions League with an average side like Porto.

Top Bottom