• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Dibbz

Watching the Man U game again. Gee Sagna should have been sent off. If that was the other way around I'd be raging but we scored an offside goal again and got away with that one.

Hmm lucky day. Sagna's experience will be useful for the remaining games. His red card would have hurt a lot. Arsenal fans should be more appreciative of Sagna, he gave the best years of his career to us, and is only leaving because offered him a poop contract. Wasn't great today though, very lucky.

Sagna has been pretty terrible this season. His leg breaks have really hampered him it seems. Last season he was so good but I don't see him regaining that form.

Kenka

I have a bad feeling about wednesdays game.

I bet with you that Bayern will score a goal in the first 15 minutes of the game. I even see them winning in Camp Nou honestly. Bartra plays again and Piqué will probably stay bad during this leg as well.

Regarding the Madrid game, I think Borussia has got it. No Remuntada this year, but who knows how entertained we will be ?

Dibbz

Would be hilarious if a Spanish team makes it through to the final. With the way both teams played last week though I think the Spanish would be lucky to not let in another 4.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ravanelli101.jpg

Bonus:

3AQmK.gif

Messi

I bet with you that Bayern will score a goal in the first 15 minutes of the game. I even see them winning in Camp Nou honestly. Bartra plays again and Piqué will probably stay bad during this leg as well.

Regarding the Madrid game, I think Borussia has got it. No Remuntada this year, but who knows how entertained we will be ?

I don't think it will be bartra

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
77962f293719dc51995fcfba5454c49a-62231-70976bccc36f96458bd274b17a1d57e4.jpeg

Mrs Cavani 'He has betrayed god and his family' (for cheating on her)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Welcome to City/Madrid/United/Liverpool/Chelsea.

Carbonox

Watch Dogs looks so fucking good and its similarities to Person of Interest just raises my hype even more.

Still torn whether or not to get it for PS3 or PS4 though.

Arnie

Still torn whether or not to get it for PS3 or PS4 though.

Seems pointless not to wait and get it on a superior system, assuming you'll be buying the PS4 at some point anyway. Guy talked about the advantages for things like AI and interactivity with the city and yourself. Plus the obvious visual (and hopefully framerate) advantages it seems a no brainer to go for the better version.

Carbonox

Seems pointless not to wait and get it on a superior system, assuming you'll be buying the PS4 at some point anyway. Guy talked about the advantages for things like AI and interactivity with the city and yourself. Plus the obvious visual (and hopefully framerate) advantages it seems a no brainer to go for the better version.

Oh for sure, the benefits outweigh the negatives. Still, it's dependent on when the console comes out in the UK. If you're talking up to a couple of months, I probably am better off waiting. There's enough games not out for next gen to tide me over so it would probably be ideal to wait. Launch line-up has sold me on a day one purchase of the console.

So that's two now? Nocerino and Boateng.

Hmmm... #PadoinFuture
Pretty much, yeah. They both scored more/had more chances when Ibra was on the pitch.
@Frank and Lucifer

What's going to happen to Nocerino, Flamini and Muntari next season?
Nocerino: he'll probably leave, hasn't played a lot during the year and isn't happy with it. He was talking to Lodi yesterday night about leaving, according to some rumors.
Flamini: he'll probably stay, if he keeps up playing like he did lately I don't see him leaving. Last few months almost convinced Galliani as far as I know.
Muntari: just like Flamini. He started playing at half season and has been decent enough to stay next year too.

As Frank said, Noce is probably going to be the one to leave with Traorè, so we'd free up two spaces in the first team that will be occupied by Cristante and (hopefully) a new player.

Carbonox

Do we know if FIFA 14 is coming out on next-gen consoles as well? Seems too unlikely not to have it come out on them.

Otherwise my final PS3 games of the year are The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto IV and Batman: Arkham Origins. From then on it's all PS4 baby.

Edit: With the exception of picking up older PS3 games I missed out on. But cross-gen games like Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed 4, etc. will be PS4.

Meier

Do we know if FIFA 14 is coming out on next-gen consoles as well? Seems too unlikely not to have it come out on them.

Otherwise my final PS3 games of the year are The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto IV and Batman: Arkham Origins. From then on it's all PS4 baby.

Edit: With the exception of picking up older PS3 games I missed out on. But cross-gen games like Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed 4, etc. will be PS4.

It'll definitely be released but don't expect much of an upgrade. The first Madden on Xbox 360/PS3 was pretty poor but it got better the following season.

Arnie

Don't know if I'm doing a DC here but Pelligrini's agent was spotted with Txixi.

Would be a good replacement, I reckon. Stylistically it makes sense.

Wilbur

Banned
Alright, its my teams of the year. I'm doing a top five one and a rest of league one, so basically its the Champions League teams + the one who misses out, and an opportunity for shit teams like Liverpool to be the best of the rest.

TOP FIVE TEAM OF THE YEAR

Goalkeeper: Petr Cech (Chelsea)

Petr-Cech-200x200.jpg

Runner-up: David De Gea (Man Utd)

Right Back: Rafael da Silva

Rafael-da-Silva.jpg

Runner-up: Pablo Zabaleta (Man City)

Centre Back: Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd)

00429780.jpg

Runner-up: Michael Dawson (Tottenham)

Centre Back: Matija Nastasic (Man City)

00332320.jpg

Runner-up: Jonny Evans (Man Utd)

Left Back: Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham)

136333500677_square.jpg

Runner-up: Gael Clichy (Man City)

Centre Midfielder: Michael Carrick (Man Utd)

00451359.jpg

Runner-up: David Luiz (Chelsea)

Centre Midfielder: Moussa Dembele (Tottenham)

200_200_15769e50a5a679d1257dfa1558effede-1361515650.jpg

Runner-up: Frank Lampard (Chelsea)

Attacking Midfielder: Eden Hazard (Chelsea)

Chelsea-Star-Eden-Hazard-Kicks-Ball-Boy-During-Match-200x200.jpg

Runner-up: Aaron Lennon (Tottenham)

Attacking Midfielder: Juan Mata (Chelsea)

Chelseas-Juan-Mata-200x200.jpg

Runner-up: Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)

Attacking Midfielder: Gareth Bale (Tottenham)

00455254.jpg

Runner-up: Santi Cazorla (Arsenal)

Striker: Robin van Persie (Man Utd)

Robin%20Van%20Persie.jpg

Runner-up: Carlos Tevez (Man City)

REST OF LEAGUE TEAM OF THE YEAR

Goalkeeper: Simon Mignolet (Sunderland)

200_200_0f165aa8715663e5f953fd2f361fa56d-1356791437.jpg

Runner-up: Asmir Begovic (Stoke)

Right Back: Glen Johnson (Liverpool)

glen-johnson-200x200.jpg

Runner-up: Angel Rangel (Swansea)

Centre Back: Phil Jagielka (Everton)

00398953.jpg

Runner-up: Ashley Williams (Swansea)

Centre Back: Chico Flores (Swansea)

00439917.jpg

Runner-up: James Collins (West Ham)

Left Back: Leighton Baines (Everton)

Temp2.jpg

Runner-up: Danny Rose (Sunderland)

Centre Midfielder: Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton)

00420859.jpg

Runner-up: Mohamed Diame (West Ham)

Centre Midfielder: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Steven-Gerrard-pa_2866261-200x200.jpg

Runner-up: Claudio Yacob (West Brom)

Attacking Midfielder: Luis Suarez (Liverpool)

Luis-Suarez-200x200.jpg

Runner-up: Shaun Maloney (Wigan)

Attacking Midfielder: Michu (Swansea)

00334667.jpg

Runner-up: Marouane Fellaini (Everton)

Attacking Midfielder: Kevin Mirallas (Everton)

00337130.jpg

Runner-up: Adam Lallana (Southampton)

Striker: Christian Benteke (Aston Villa)

00413585.jpg

Runner-up: Romelu Lukaku (West Brom)

dc89

City EDS play Oldham tonight in the Manchester Senior cup.

Richards & Rodwell start alongside someone who is simply known as 'Trialist 1' on the team sheet.

Arnie

Canny wait for MNF tonight.

One of those fixtures/other circumstances combo that gets your dick wet. Had a productive day, get to sit back with a big game pizza and watch Benteke fight Di Canio.

Hixx

Mignolet (Cech); Zabaleta (Rafael), Luiz (Ferdinand), Flores (Dawson), Baines (Rose); Carrick (Schneiderlin); Mata (Hazard), Maloney (Mirallas), Bale (Cazorla); Suarez (Benteke), van Persie (Michu)

pls

4-1-3-2.

I know Luiz has swapped between defence and midfield but SO FUCK

Been a bad year for central defenders, none have really stood out. So much so I was contemplating picking O'Shea and fucking Colonic.

I want us to sign Maloney if Wigan go down and we stay up. Be good back up for Sess.

I have a bad feeling that Sony and Rockstar will announce PS4 versions of GTA5, Last of Us, GT6 and Beyond a week after the games come out respectively. I'll be livid if they do.

Hixx

I have a bad feeling that Sony and Rockstar will announce PS4 versions of GTA5, Last of Us, GT6 and Beyond a week after the games come out respectively. I'll be livid if they do.

GTA5 and GT6 will get next gen versions, of that I have no doubt. Because they would sell consoles.

Top Bottom