• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Right on half time. Jol is going to cockslap them in the dressing room.

Empty

qpr can't do anything right jeez

fulham - arsenal is probably over now too, shame as fulham were starting to look good

Lightning

Banned
Given the chances we've given away I wouldn't rule this one over yet. We were 2-0 up against West Brom looking really comfortable until we brain exploded.

hahahahaha YESSSSSS

Baines you're an egg lad.
Will mean nothing if you don't beat Chelsea!!!

Ushojax

Given the chances we've given away I wouldn't rule this one over yet. We were 2-0 up against West Brom looking really comfortable until we brain exploded.

Come on dude, Fulham have lost a man and have a bunch of players I've never heard of in their team. They won't do anything, routine hiding coming up.

arkon

Will mean nothing if you don't beat Chelsea!!!

Those points are already in the bag. Rafa knows what he needs to do.

arkon

Bayern on target to reach at least 100 goals if they keep this up. Another few goals today would make that target easier to achieve

Lightning

Banned
Come on dude, Fulham have lost a man and have a bunch of players I've never heard of in their team. They won't do anything, routine hiding coming up.
You'd think so but with Arsenal you can never tell. Against West Brom that should have been a formailty as well but then out of nothing we cracked. We've given away chances in that half and to feel comfortable we need a 2nd goal. A draw is useless to us.

Fuck this afternoon has gone terribly so far.
Wigan are losing. Not that bad. from your perspective.

Gambit

Substituting Gomez for Can is a typical Heynckes again.

Can for Gustavo or Tymo? good.

Can for the striker that needs all the goal-scoring practice he can get? meh.

Ushojax

So a loss against City tomorrow and we are looking in a very bad position, least Sunderland are winning....

We were in a very bad position the moment we lost to Fulham. We have got to win tomorrow, no excuses. We need to reassert ourselves, thankfully top 4 is still in our hands thanks to Arsenal's midweek result, the players have to fight.

fuenf

He really is. I was beginning to give up on him for this season and was hoping for Pep to whip him into shape. Even better if that's not necessary

I hope he plays against Barca. Dante and DvB wont cut it, we need Boateng's athleticism otherwise Barca will be running circles around our CBs.

Gambit

He scored 5 goals in 5 days what more do you want?^^

just MORE!

Seriously, I think he could have scored another one today, so why deprive him of that opportunity?

Maybe Pizarro will do the honours then.

Quite apart from that I am happy to see Can again.

EDIT: It seems he is. Pizza!

Substituting Gomez for Can is a typical Heynckes again.

Can for Gustavo or Tymo? good.

Can for the striker that needs all the goal-scoring practice he can get? meh.

Gardiola will not immediately improve this team. Shove that up your arse, and shut the fuck up with your constant moaning about Heynckes. Jesus you guys are annoying.

Lightning

Banned
We were in a very bad position the moment we lost to Fulham. We have got to win tomorrow, no excuses. We need to reassert ourselves, thankfully top 4 is still in our hands thanks to Arsenal's midweek result, the players have to fight.
No buddy, we've played an extra game after your City game and next week we have a loss against Man Utd coming right up.

Tomorrows game is not that important. Your remaining games are the ones you need to win and they are winnable. Stoke, Wigan, Southampton, Sunderland and Chelsea.

So worst case scenario for you, we beat Fulham, you lose to City. We're 5 points ahead having played an extra game, we drop points against United and you win your extra game and you go ahead of us. It's how we both perform against the teams below us that will decide top 4.

Gambit

Gardiola will not immediately improve this team. Shove that up your arse, and shut the fuck up with your constant moaning about Heynckes. Jesus you guys are annoying.

I won't forgive Heynckes for last year until he wins the CL. Only then will I shut up. (probably)

And no, I am not expecting imrpovement immediately but eventually. And only the last few percentage points.

I won't forgive Heynckes for last year until he wins the CL. Only then will I shut up. (probably)

And no, I am not expecting imrpovement immediately but eventually.

You smashed the fuck out of Chelsea. Blame Robben, Gomez and Schweinsteiger.

@fuenf, exactly. He's been faultless in his squad management across all competitions this season

Zabojnik

So, tomorrow we'll probably play like this:
---------------Abbiati

--Abate-Mexes-Zapata-De Sciglio

---Ambrosini-Montolivo-Muntari

---Boateng-Pazzini-El Shaarawy

Ours should be:

-------------------------- Buffon

------------- Barzagli -- Bonucci -- Chiellini ----

-- Lichtsteiner -- Vidal -- Pirlo -- Pogba -- Asamoah

----------------- Marchisio
----------------------------------- Vucinic -------------

Chiellini isn't 100%, I wouldn't be surprised to see Peluso starting.

Montella pls.

Conte vs. Montella would be fucking amazing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guys I totally confused . I am being offered a job in Dubai. With initial pay of app. $40k as a package and the company will be providing housing. Is that good enough to survive in Dubai with a decent lifestyle? It's just me and wife. No children.

You have a wife? Go alone, dude.
3AQmK.gif

Gambit

Have you forgiven the players ?

You smashed the fuck out of Chelsea. Blame Robben, Gomez and Schweinsteiger.

@fuenf, exactly. He's been faultless in his squad management across all competitions this season

I blame Heynckes more for bringing in van Buyten with only minutes to go.

And even though he has been very successful this season he still has that tendency in him (to subsitute in a defensive player at the cost of organisation even if the team was in total control). He did it against Arsenal as well, for example.

Admittedly his seemingly strange choices turned out lucky this season.

Top Bottom