• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Empty

the prospect van persie at the emirates lauding it over arsenal fans is very funny

but it's almost ruined by piers morgan. he's just using it all as an opportunity to self-promote; he loves it every time rvp scores for united because he gets so many retweets, mentioms and sometimes trending topics. he actually gives zero shit about what wenger has given to the club when he can benefit from over-dramatically condemning him.

Good performance by Chelsea so far, the first 10 min I was scared with Liverpool being aggressive as fuck and Chelsea not being able to put up much of a fight, but seems to have steamed off. Any Liverpool supporters still wanting to give Reina "another season" are crazy, unless you want to stay a mid table team.

Also Palermoooooo, yeah only a draw but a lose to Catania means manager firing, so that's worth celebrating.

Also lol, Brøndby behind 1-2 at home to another relegation rival.

sohois

We've been awful. Just as bad as in the Southampton game.

Not really, its been fine defensively apart from the set-piece. The attack has been all over the place but in terms of goalscoring chances Liverpool have created more than Chelsea. But it was truly inevitable that Liverpool would concede from a set piece, time and again it has been a major weakness and nothing has been done to correct it.

PowderedToast

hendo having a mare

it's days like this when the lack of quality in the squad really shows. when players are having a bad day we don't really have any alternatives.

GorillaJu

Feels like a fairly even game at the moment, though obviously Chelsea has a good advantage with the one goal. Suarez hasn't been playing well for awhile now. He looks absolutely knackered.

When we are attacking, I don't ever feel like we'll score, but when Chelsea are attacking you've got three brilliant midfielders plus Ramires in behind who can burst forward for a goal.

Need more from Gerrard IMO. Lucas looks well settled, but we need more impetus in our attack. Would like to see Cou take on his man instead of always looking for Suarez.

Well done Carragher.

3 individual mistakes from him alone, even after Agger had lost him

1) Lets Oscar get well ahead of him
2) Decides against falling back to get between Oscar and the goal
3) Goes with his feet to the path of the ball, rather than pressuring the player

sohois

3 individual mistakes from him alone, even after Agger had lost him

1) Lets Oscar get well ahead of him
2) Decides against falling back to get between Oscar and the goal
3) Goes with his feet to the path of the ball, rather than pressuring the player

What was even going on at the corner? It seems like half the team were playing zonal marking and the other half were man marking.

What was even going on at the corner? It seems like half the team were playing zonal marking and the other half were man marking.

I think that should actually be our system :p

Its isn't though, so I don't know what they were doing. It took ages for the corner to be taken as well, they had more than enough time to get organised.

lol what was lucas doing on that corner i don't even

I can only assume that he had a premonition of Oscar looping the ball towards the far post ala Carragher's assist at Stamford Bridge. Unfortunately the actuality was the ball being twatted into the position he'd vacated split-seconds earlier :(

Suen

wtf is happening, how can you not have scored!!! Come on Liverpool this is how you should be playing all the time!

Top Bottom