• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

H13

Very disappointing though,more than 30 sec overtime.
and that bite.
and that goal.
its like last week all over again.

rodvik

Yeah Sturridge was class. Seriously Luis, though. Why dude?

Of course it has to be Liverpool. Emotions always high, every game a comedy of errors and drama. Can't we just have a brilliant striker who just does his job and keeps his teeth to himself?

Bent for Suarez. Fair trade.

Diablos54

I usually defend referee's due to the vile nature of the majority of players and how fast the game is, but that was a horrendous performance that inarguably altered the final scoreline.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
ibanQgfC9mf5yj.gif

The mindset to just go Tyson on someone, thefuck.gif

Moobabe

Might as well come to terms with it. Europa isn't so bad and I don't think our stars will want to leave just yet.

I am - but after City showed what pathetic champions they were earlier I fully expected us to drop points against Liverpool - but not like this; an awful football team to drop points to.

Looool.

Still fuming. Liverpool could have been down to 8 men, should have at least been down to 10. Pathetic refereeing. And where the fuck did 6 minutes come from? 3 or 4 I could understand, but 6? And then the goal scored 30 seconds after those 6 minutes were up. These are the kind of decisions which ruin football matches,

Yeah - Carragher gets booked and then is constantly in the referee's ear? No second yellow. Sturridge goes in high on Bertrand? Not even a free kick.

The bite was more embarrassing and immature than anything contemptuous like a blatant dive or his handball in the WC. Lets not go over with the hyperbole, guys.

sohois

Well, to get away from the controversy from a bit and look at the football, in the end a draw is quite a poor result for Liverpool given how many more chances they created. Really should've put several away against Chelsea, not to mention conceding 2 such sloppy goals.

a couple of points then:

regarding the biting, like i said when it happened I wouldn't be surprised that the fact that the ref 'saw' the issue leads to Suarez getting away with it.

I think Suarez's bad behaviour led to something of a reverse halo effect on the rest of the squad, with some on here going mental at every slight foul. Certainly I don't think there were any other red cardable offences other than Suarez, unless perhaps Carragher for dissent.

On individuals, Rodgers really needs to realise that if Henderson and Coutinho are to be played together then they have to be on separate sides

I thought Shelvey looked really lively when he came on and thought others were being too harsh on him

that is all

Garjon

Wasn't there a sub right on 90 minutes? Can't complain too much about the overtime there. Though that really is just the tip of the iceberg.

HAHA at the Chelsea fans' overreactions though, this must be what United fans feel like at times.

GorillaJu

Lol Chelsea fans get a grip guys. It was a lapse of concentration and a rare error that gave you the lead in the first place. You didn't deserve to be up on the basis of that performance and you were even luckier that Studge's rocket and Gerrard and Shelvey all missed by inches.

There is no injustice here. Just a very entertaining game.

Well Chelsea still going to get CL, Suarez off in the summer please, can't stand his face.

The bite was more embarrassing and immature than anything contemptuous like a blatant dive or his handball in the WC. Lets not go over with the hyperbole, guys.

If anyone knows of hyperboles it's you, so guess we should listen to this.

Everyone in my household is in tears with laughter after seeing the replay of the bite.

It's the way he grabs onto him, opens his jaw and dive his head into his arm like it's the last piece of bread on Earth for a man that hasn't had any food for days.

Honestly, we have to get him some sessions with a psychiatrist, and fuck him off if that doesn't work. Its ridiculous, disgraceful, unacceptable and embarassing.

It was the action of a petulant, spoiled brat not getting what he wanted and was just as unacceptable as it would have been had he lashed out with his fists or feet. There's no place in football for that sort of shit.

Moobabe

Lol Chelsea fans get a grip guys. It was a lapse of concentration and a rare error that gave you the lead in the first place. You didn't deserve to be up on the basis of that performance and you were even luckier that Studge's rocket and Gerrard and Shelvey all missed by inches.

How did you see Sturridge's "challenge" on Bertrand? The Suarez bite? Potentially 2 red cards? Certainly one - how is that not an injustice?

LTWheels

There is an interview with Suarez in today's Sunday Times. Here are a couple of quotes:

Player of the Year? I'm not even sure I'd vote for me

there are times you look at him on the pitch and think: "Amigo, Why?"

His wife tells him he should behave better on the pitch and one of the things you learn is that Suarez knows full well his abrasiveness there can put people off.

"I've got my particular style, which can be considered a bit niggly."

Nah come on. I'm thoroughly delighted Chelsea didn't win, but when Suarez does what he did and then scores the winner there's a huge amount of injustice about that.

Fintan

Diablos54

The goalscorer BIT someone on the pitch. He should have not been on the field. The performance wasn't great, but when something like that happens, injustice is the perfect word for it, especially 30 seconds after the allotted injury time (Which was insane to begin with). Then there's the fact that Sturridge was lucky to still be on the field for his tackle, and Carragher was shouting at the ref all night long with a yellow card, and he wasn't even the captain.

Moobabe

Nah come on. I'm thoroughly delighted Chelsea didn't win, but when Suarez does what he did and then scores the winner there's a huge amount of injustice about that.

Finally some sense - and from one of the most staunch Chelsea haters on here. If that goal costs us the Top 4 then I'll be lost for words.

Top Bottom