• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

FuturusX

The ban, providing there is one, should be in line with that of an elbow or a stamp. Yeah it's nasty but so is an elbow to the face or a stamp.

All of which is an intentional. It should be dealt with in the same way.

Is a stamp or an elbow any better?

Realised I might win a bet with a friend if Suarez leaves Liverpool.

Nandos here I come.

It is not the first time a Premier League player has bitten an opponent, with Jermain Defoe having nibbled on West Ham midfielder Javier Mascherano in October 2006.

I lost it.

Arnie

The ban, providing there is one, should be in line with that of an elbow or a stamp. Yeah it's nasty but so is an elbow to the face or a stamp.

It should be at a minimum the 7 received in Holland.

It's a snide, vile act.

LTWheels

I truly expect that to be Suarez's last game for Liverpool. Interesting to see how Sturridge will be able to lead the line without him for the rest of the season.

Biting is worse from a cultural point of view. There is something so animalistic about biting that even though it's not physically worse than the aforementioned assaults, it'll always register as worse.

Timurid

I would love him at PSG!

If we send off Ibra to those filthy scumbags and grab Godba in the process will be fantastic.

Then we can grab Cavani and unite the dirty cunts of Uruguay in Paris.

Fry

Paul Tomkins ‏@paul_tomkins 4 min

That game was Suarez's career in a nutshell. Sublime assist, crazy handball, utterly mental bite, brilliant finish at the end

doicare

I have to know more about you. What do you do for a living? What's a typical day for doicare? Do you fall over a lot? Do you really think England were the better side than Germany last World Cup?
We'll never know thanks to the goal that wasn't given, one of lifes great mysteries.

Like what other than a racial slur?

That goes without saying, but that in the context of football, diving and malicious tackles are not uncommon, and in my opinion more worthy of discontent. The League has had some villains like Diouf and Robbie Savage who would get jeered at every ground. I don't think Suarez has reached that level of public hate yet

Zabojnik

I would love him at PSG!

If we send off Ibra to those filthy scumbags and grab Godba in the process will be fantastic.

Then we can grab Cavani and unite the dirty cunts of Uruguay in Paris.

We'll take Ibra and Verratti from PSG and Ogbonna + Cerci from Toro. You'll get nothing. NOTHING. Muahahahaha!

Arnie

But how is it any more vile than stamping? Or an elbow to the face?

All of which are disgusting.
Because he's digging into a persons flesh with his teeth. Elbows flail when jumping (see Torres), studs and legs can stamp if you're late into challenges (see Sturridge).

A bite is so low and disgusting its indefensible.

TrueBlue

Nah come on. I'm thoroughly delighted Chelsea didn't win, but when Suarez does what he did and then scores the winner there's a huge amount of injustice about that.

Appreciate this. We don't have a persecution complex, any fan from any club would feel aggrieved.

Should have defended better however, Liverpool were always knocking on the door.

Rogers is deflecting.

Take it on the chin.

No, you can't expect him to do that. Until he's seen it properly. He gave the right answer. Once they've reviewed it, then Rogers can come out and condemn it. I expect they'll hold some kind of press conference or a press release will come out tomorrow.

GorillaJu

Genuinely feel bad for Chelsea here, but I'm torn because we definitely played well enough to win it.

I don't think that was Suarez's last game for us, but he won't get much of a rest this summer with the Confederations Cup, so I guess a nice long ban will give him the break he needs.

I think about what his wife must think. She must just not read the papers anymore.

Because he's digging into a persons flesh with his teeth. Elbows flail when jumping (see Torres), studs and legs can stamp if you're late into challenges (see Sturridge).

I think the Aguero stomp was worse.

Zabojnik

Sounds almost like what someone who was bitten by a dog as a child and never got over it would say. Cheer up, Arnie. <3

Top Bottom