• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

FuturusX

Make the ban a long one. No argument from me there. No place for that in the game.

But I can't see how this is any more shocking than elbowing someone in the face...or trying to.

You can literally end a career and cause lifelong damage. That's truly disgusting.

Timurid

We'll take Ibra and Verratti from PSG and Ogbonna + Cerci from Toro. You'll get nothing. NOTHING. Muahahahaha!

Verratti is a mentally ill fuck like ibra is. He knows Serie A is in the down under and won't go back there until the greatest club in italy gets back on top. AC TORINO!!!

Ogbonna won't go to the scum. He is probably going to end up in Milan or somewhere in Europe.

sohois

Because he's digging into a persons flesh with his teeth. Elbows flail when jumping (see Torres), studs and legs can stamp if you're late into challenges (see Sturridge).

A bite is so low and disgusting its indefensible.

I think the argument was, what is the difference between a deliberate elbow or stamp, something done with the attempt to hurt another player (actions which do occur in the premier league). Not random, unintentional fouls.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We'll take Ibra and Verratti from PSG and Ogbonna + Cerci from Toro. You'll get nothing. NOTHING. Muahahahaha!
I honestly don't know why he thinks we're selling them Pogba. It's pure fantacalcio.

On the other hand, Ibra to Juve is just missing the official announcement.

Make the ban a long one. No argument from me there. No place for that in the game.

But I can't see how this is any more shocking than elbowing someone in the face...or trying to.

You can literally end a career and cause lifelong damage. That's truly disgusting.
Where would you say spitting at somebody ranks?

IMO this incident is on a par with that. Both pretty harmless in the long term.

xintin

there's just some aura of luck around Suarez that no matter what he does, it works out for him. Bite someone at Ajax, move to Liverpool. Handball in the WC, Uruguay wins. Bite Ivanovic, get the equalizer.

This incident will lead him to 6 trophies next season somehow.

Its just one of those things that as a society and a culture we find disgusting despite being less harmful on the face of it. I'd rather be punched than spat at.

rodvik

Hmm I dunno man. Biting, well, it is an assault right? Spitting, I dunno, somewhere between a bad insult and assault.

I do think stamps or rakes are worse though, they can cause career ending injuries.

No, you can't expect him to do that. Until he's seen it properly. He gave the right answer. Once they've reviewed it, then Rogers can come out and condemn it. I expect they'll hold some kind of press conference or a press release will come out tomorrow.

Cut the PR shit. I hate those kind of responses. He's already seen it. If he just came out and said they'll deal with it both internally and wait for the FA to take action that would have came across better.

The first thing out of his mouth was to try and get Torres in shit.

My opinion of him has been lowered.

Mastadon

Banned
there's just some aura of luck around Suarez that no matter what he does, it works out for him. Bite someone at Ajax, move to Liverpool. Handball in the WC, Uruguay wins. Bite Ivanovic, get the equalizer.

He's defo leaving in the summer then

I agree with Redknapp. Suarez is good enough for the club to still hold onto him. Liverpool are not going to jeopardise their pursuit of a Top 4, and more, because of this.

GorillaJu

Handball against Chelsea, give Hazard a penalty, which then leads to the frustration that probably tipped him over. He creates his own problems.

BC17uLqCcAAeJLI.jpg

solution.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll take Luis Suarez. He can bite whoever he wants in Serie A as long as he maintains his form. All of them are insufferable cunts anyway.

BITE BOATENG

Edit: Oh dear, after careful consideration, he should probably bite someone white.

Cut the PR shit. I hate those kind of responses. He's already seen it. If he just came out and said they'll deal with it both internally and wait for the FA to take action that would have came across better.

The first thing out of his mouth was to try and get Torres in shit.

My opinion of him has been lowered.

How is it PR? Its professionalism. You don't comment on these things unless you are 100% confident of the facts. Maybe he should have condemned biting of opponents (though he doesn't need to say it, it's understood). Once Rogers has seen it properly and they've investigated it, expect him to come out and condemn him. You don't call out your own players as guilty unless you are 100% sure. Otherwise you risk pissing off the player and losing the dressing room if you got it wrong.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/6076094.stm

retrospective on a previous biting incident.

as i did argue, Friend having seen and dealt with the incident may lead to Suarez getting off scott free just as Defoe did.

We don't really know what Friend saw, if anything. He could just as well just have seen Ivan on the ground and then gone to tell them both to calm down, cause it looked like he didn't see anything and was focusing on the ball.

Garjon

We don't really know what Friend saw, if anything. He could just as well just have seen Ivan on the ground and then gone to tell them both to calm down, cause it looked like he didn't see anything and was focusing on the ball.

Well we'll see when he does his report

Top Bottom