• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

penalti1pyqho.gif

penalti2hgphs.gif

penalti3alrbh.gif

*Missing all the double yellows

Better luck next time Sporting.

Also, higher res of the goal cause it is indeed the best goal this season:

golo43k54.gif

Haters gonna hate.

Speaking of haters, sportinguistas high as fuck saying that they dominated the game and shit. Damn you Capela!!!

They did. Benfica was absolutly brutal in their finishers, as they always are, but Sporting did dominate the game.

Suen

Some interesting results in La Liga this weekend which will lead to some interesting stuff next week. There's the Madrid derby next week (Atletico - Madrid) so I'm hoping it will be entertaining. The fixture won't affect the current results in any significant way as both have secured their qualification to CL but I'm hoping it will be fun to watch
and hope Pepe will go mental on the cunt Diego

The most interesting part is of course the race for the 4th spot. Valencia crushed Malaga this weekend and got their 3 points. Meanwhile Osasuna - Real Sociedad ended in a draw which is not exactly a desirable result for Sociedad, who are sitting on the 4th spot with Valencia right behind them who now caught up with two points. As it stands now Sociedad has 55 points and Valencia has 53 and these guys are playing each other next week so both will be taking it seriously. Malaga is 6th with 50 points and Real Betis 7th with 48 points. Valencia and Sociedad only getting one point each next week would be the best scenario for both Malaga and Betis as they could still have a chance of getting the 4th spot. Will be fun to see!

Someone gif the Falcao goal today, I missed it.

K1LLER7

Say if United get the 3 points tomorrow, do Arsenal have to give the Guard of Honour thing at the Emirate in the following game?

Proud with our performance. We played against the best team in the league with the youngest squad in the league. Deserved at least a draw. There´s 1 blatant penalty (and just one) that should´ve been given but that wasn´t the reason we lost the match.

MrKaepora

About as much as Benfica did, plus the penalties.

But still that only tells half the story.
The penalties that we don't know if Sporting players would score or not but ok.

I thought dominating a game as having more possession, but OK.
According to the Liga site, the game ended with 48% of ball possession to Benfica and 52% to Sporting. It's not a great difference and if it wasn't for Benfica having reduced the rhythm at the end I think they would have 50% each. Even still, having ball possession and not knowing what to do with it doesn't help.
Sporting had many crosses that could result on goal,Capel did an amazing job distribuiting game and Bruma was very strong in one on one, but Benfica Defended well when it had to and attacked with letal precision like it was suposed to. Saying that Sporting dominated this game it's bullshit.

Zabojnik

Boring match, sigh. Was almost hoping for a Milan goal, so our guys would be forced to put in some effort, but I'm not complaning. Hopefully Napoli draws with Pescara next week (riiiight), so we'll have the chance to win the scudetto in Toro's stadium.

Damn, pure art.

Newcastle has no chance whatsoever. Benfica are just too fucking good.

Wes

venison crêpe
Stylian Petrov will be at Old Trafford for the Villa game tomorrow. He'll also be at all our remaining fixtures. I pointed out tomorrow because he has been invited by Ashley Young, which I thought was a nice touch, and also because I hope the OT crowd join in on the 19th minute applause.

deGod

Chelsea were robbed by the Ref. Dracula should have been sent of for the bite and then the tackle that nearly killed the Chelsea player

Suarez is such a fucking wanker, yet at the same time it is incredible how he tied the game in the 90th minute. I would miss him if he left for another league. The fucking clown he is. He does add a lot of entertainment to the game.

rvy

Banned
Proud with our performance. We played against the best team in the league with the youngest squad in the league. Deserved at least a draw. There´s 1 blatant penalty (and just one) that should´ve been given but that wasn´t the reason we lost the match.

Maxi - Wolfs or Maxi - Capel?

Zabojnik

i can't remember the last time milan fans were fined for racism.

you know, there is just something about certain fans, such as lazio, inter, and juve fans, that makes them prone to racism. i do not know what it is. it is a very interesting phenomenon and in my opinion, some social science should be commissioned to study what exactly it is that makes certain fans racist cunts, but others (like milan fans, just to give a random example,) exemplary human beings and true citizens of the world.

Amazing. I'm sure Napoli fans get a very warm welcome when playing at San Siro.

Messi

Suarez is such a fucking wanker, yet at the same time it is incredible how he tied the game in the 90th minute. I would miss him if he left for another league. The fucking clown he is. He does add a lot of entertainment to the game.

96th min. He was amazing and awful all in one today.

Also Sturridge is awesome

Messi

Chelsea were robbed by the Ref. Dracula should have been sent of for the bite and then the tackle that nearly killed the Chelsea player

You mean the tackle where he tapped his foot?

The Liverpool hate in you is strong

Edit: it should be noted that DeGod is not afraid to tell you how much he hates Suarez

rodvik

Stylian Petrov will be at Old Trafford for the Villa game tomorrow. He'll also be at all our remaining fixtures. I pointed out tomorrow because he has been invited by Ashley Young, which I thought was a nice touch, and also because I hope the OT crowd join in on the 19th minute applause.

Thats nice. Good of Young too.

By the way did we ever mention Brendan Rodgers & all Liverpool away fans standing and applauding the full minute at Villa park during their game?

Classy and appreciated.

K1LLER7

If Suarez leaves, the media wouldn't have anybody to talk about apart from Rooney and comparing Bale to Ronaldo and Messi.

^ Agree, good of Young. I Just hope he won't be touching any balls tomorrow.

You mean the tackle where he tapped his foot?

The Liverpool hate in you is strong

Probably the one where Sturridge fouled Bertrand pretty badly. He even stopped himself but the ref for some reason thought it wasn't a foul... and Carragher went off on Sturridge afterwards because he stopped to see if Bertrand was ok lol, could easily have been a red.

Messi

Probably the one where Sturridge kicked Bertrand pretty badly. He even stopped himself but the ref for some reason thought it wasn't a foul... and Carragher went off on Sturridge afterwards because he stopped to see if Bertrand was ok lol, could easily have been a red.

That's the tackle I was talking about but degods post seems to imply Suarez did a bad tackle

deGod

Probably the one where Sturridge fouled Bertrand pretty badly. He even stopped himself but the ref for some reason thought it wasn't a foul... and Carragher went off on Sturridge afterwards because he stopped to see if Bertrand was ok lol, could easily have been a red.

Should have been a red.

Messi likes Liverpool that's why he is sticking up for them

Suen

Boring match, sigh. Was almost hoping for a Milan goal, so our guys would be forced to put in some effort, but I'm not complaning. Hopefully Napoli draws with Pescara next week (riiiight), so we'll have the chance to win the scudetto in Toro's stadium.

Newcastle has no chance whatsoever. Benfica are just too fucking good.
Shame they did so bad in CL, would have at least loved to see them go further. Juventus winning in Toro's stadium would be amazing because of Timu reactions. Gamble-GAF should bet on whether Timu will be temp. banned or not if that happens.

Top Bottom