• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Arnie

Planting your elbow in someones face (intentionally) isn't part of the game iirc. Or two legs forwards tackling someone from behind (not aiming for the ball) for that matter.

Some horrible challeges just happen in the heath of the game and you can see the player had the intention to get the ball and then it's easy to forgive. But just as often that's just not the case.

Fair point, but I do think there's something just a bit vile about a full on bite.

There was this one snide elbow on Carroll in 2010 that was worse. It was in the Europa League and the other lad could've killed him /Fergie

Thought that deserved a proper ban.

choodi

Banned
I agree.

To Choodi's point, I think it's a genuinely good question. What if he broke the skin today, what if there was a photograph showing some of Ivanovic's blood at the corner of his mouth? We'd be taking this discussion much more seriously, as we would about action taken. The lad needs fucking help as well as a lengthy ban.

Regarding your first point, Choodi, it's easy to love a player when he's scoring and working for the team as well as Suarez does. I've become disillusioned with him on various occasions, as I am now, but after each incident it's almost virtually impossible to remain irritated with him when he comes back into the team and causes so much joy.

I promise you, whatever you might think about him as an onlooker, if he was playing for Newcastle you'd spend 90% of the time adoring him.

You can't compare them two players to Suarez.

Different level entirely.

Barton maybe, but Bellamy never bit anyone as far as i can remember...or racially abused someone.

Here's a question for you. Say if all of Suarez's antics were actually done by one of your less talented players, Henderson for example, how would you be reacting right now?

Not trying to start a war, but it is just an interesting situation to me with what is obviously your best player being a complete JT and him getting constant free passes because without him you'd be struggling to get into the top 10.

How would i react if it was Shearer? I honestly dont know, and i think i feel sorry for the liverpool fans because the obvious course of action from an outsider's perspective is to say sell the JT and cut your losses, but i know it's not that simple.

SMD

ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

was for april 1... But... HE WORE IT

Fucking hell, is that Fady K?

choodi

Banned
Those players weren't the difference between 0 points and 3 every other weekend though. Their influence is not comparable imo.

Losing Bellamy to injury derailed our title challenge under Sir Bobby. Up until that point we had actually mounted a genuine challenge for the league.

Timurid

We're giving you Rppmey.

You need a new avatar. I used to actually like that jaw, but seeing her all over footygaf has made me detest that thing.

Rooney and Kagawa then I'll give you Verratti. :D

Well, you better get used to my avatar because i have to leave it on until the end of season.

Then my wonderful Suzy will come back and light up footygaf once again!

Arnie

Barton maybe, but Bellamy never bit anyone as far as i can remember...or racially abused someone.

Here's a question for you. Say if all of Suarez's antics were actually done by one of your less talented players, Henderson for example, how would you be reacting right now?

Not trying to start a war, but it is just an interesting situation to me with what is obviously your best player being a complete JT and him getting constant free passes because without him you'd be struggling to get into the top 10.

How would i react if it was Shearer? I honestly dont know, and i think i feel sorry for the liverpool fans because the obvious course of action from an outsider's perspective is to say sell the JT and cut your losses, but i know it's not that simple.

As insinuated by my previous point, it's only because it's Suarez that we aren't throwing him overboard. If it was a less pivotal player, and a player that wasn't causing me weekly euphoria I'd be wanting him gone. Suarez is an idol to us, he pulls us through so much crap, and does so much for the team that we just physically can't lynchmob him on these occasions where he disgraces his name and, by association, the club.

It's highly irrational, but hopefully understandable. None of us enjoy these situations; as I said I had the curious and unsavoury experience of not celebrating a last minute equaliser against a Chelsea side containing Fernando Torres today, all because of Suarez's behaviour.

You have to feel most sorry for Rodgers. He made the tactical switch to change the game, used his signing of Sturridge to claw back the result, against a team that opposed his assessment of him, and he can't enjoy the outcome because he has this nonsense to deal with.

You have to feel most sorry for Rodgers. He made the tactical switch to change the game, used his signing of Sturridge to claw back the result, against a team that opposed his assessment of him, and he can't enjoy the outcome because he has this nonsense to deal with.
Didn't see the match but I heard his switch changed the match and first thing that came to my mind was "again?".

That's happened alot this season. Made a sub which changes the game, obv a good thing. But then also leaves me wondering why he isn't making those calls from the start.

GolazoDan

God, Mancini's trash talking about United is so bad. Like, seriously bro. At least when Benitez was getting trolled by Fergie and he responded in that press conference it had an element of Frank Grimes about it.

Suen

Milol....would have been great if you won this game. Shame about the penalty, chance of entering CL directly is now another step away.

pulga

Banned
Itchy in that in-between stage but lovely when they are done.

A stamp is not a tackle. An elbow is not a tackle.

Even when they are disguised as such.

I'd rather receive a bite than a tackle that could end my season.

Planting your elbow in someones face (intentionally) isn't part of the game iirc. Or two legs forwards tackling someone from behind (not aiming for the ball) for that matter.

Some horrible challeges just happen in the heath of the game and you can see the player had the intention to get the ball and then it's easy to forgive. But just as often that's just not the case.

About as much as Shearer booting Lennon in the face, the countless elbows and punches over the years not to mention players who actually go to jail yet carry on playing football once they're out.

Plenty of times in my life Ive wanted to boot or elbow someone. Never has it crossed my mind to fucking plant my teeth on someones body. To me, it takes a special kind of retard. Suarez needs help, and badly. He needs to learn to control the part of his brain that goes full on psycho once he steps unto the pitch.

So I just asked a group of my friends if they'd have Suarez at their club and they all said no.

They support Spurs, Newcastle, Sunderland and Arsenal.

Can't help but think they're lying lol.

SMD

Plenty of times in my life Ive wanted to boot or elbow someone. Never has it crossed my mind to fucking plant my teeth on someones body. To me, it takes a special kind of retard. Suarez needs help, and badly. He needs to learn to control the part of his brain that goes full on psycho once he steps unto the pitch.

The point isn't that he's not wrong, it's that he's not the only footballer in the world to do stupid shit like this.

Peco

Well that was poor on both side. Watch us miss the CL spot, I can feel it, Fiorellina's already fucked us like this years ago and it's gonna happen again. That Allegri fucker is dead in my book, even a retarded person can see how worthless and shitty Robinho is. smh

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So I just asked a group of my friends if they'd have Suarez at their club and they all said no.

They are.

He's mental, but a fucking world class mental.

Linius

The point isn't that he's not wrong, it's that he's not the only footballer in the world to do stupid shit like this.

Pretty much this. And in the case of an elbow or something similar you never see people shouting out they should ban the cunt who did it for life.

Well that was poor on both side. Watch us miss the CL spot, I can feel it, Fiorellina's already fucked us like this years ago and it's gonna happen again. That Allegri fucker is dead in my book, even a retarded person can see how worthless and shitty Robinho is. smh

what about that decision to start constant over MDS? unforgiveable imo. i used to be an allegri apologist but he has been embarrassing this season, and his "style" is boring and predictable.

we desperately need a new manager. and a couple of midfielders. i feel terrible for montolivo that he has to play with these talentless and unmotivated fucks.

3Sixty

Matt Le Tissier ‏@mattletiss7 33s

“@AamirHafejee: @mattletiss7 do you know how many goals you have scored in your career?”

Yes

I love Le Tiss.

FootballFan

They say that because they know that moment won't ever come so they can't be proven wrong. If Suarez ended up at Sunderland next season that guy would be happy as fuck.

Suarez AND Di Canio.

TrueBlue

Despite being incredibly distraught at the result today, I'm reasonably happy now when I look back at it. I was expecting the worst from this week, but 4 points from 2 away games isn't too shabby.

choodi

Banned
I bet that was butthurt Suzy.

Racist chants everywhere in Italy, unfortunately. Football won't change that, but it's a start.

Anyway, I hope we ban the racists for life.

Removing the club from European competition would be a start. Relegation for repeat offenders would solve the problem.

Peco

what about that decision to start constant over MDS? unforgiveable imo. i used to be an allegri apologist but he has been embarrassing this season, and his "style" is boring and predictable.

we desperately need a new manager. and a couple of midfielders. i feel terrible for montolivo that he has to play with these talentless and unmotivated fucks.

Well I like Constant, Abate on the other hand... not really. In fact, I hate him. Sure he can run and make some good defensive play, but he's completely incapable of even touching the ball. De Sciglio is young, hopefully he'll be a starter next season.

Allegri is simply not good enough, period. He's the most mediocre coach in Europe. Bring Inzaghi in, Galliani.
lol

Top Bottom