• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

It really is crazy just how many shockingly average players Arsenal have accrued and not gotten rid of. You could probably put out a whole 11 of international Arsenal rejects:

---Almunia---
?----?----Squillaci-Santos
Arshavin-Denilson-?-PCY
-----Bendtner-Chamakh

Not quite 11, but all Arsenal signings, all with a number of appearances at Arsenal - except Park - and all shit and still stuck at Arsenal (as far as I'm aware, haven't actually checked)
Thankfully Almunia is gone for good.

We'll have some of those players you listed for years to come, I have no doubt. They won't be easy to get rid of.

jtb

Banned
lol Chamakh I forgot he existed too. I actually blame Wenger for ruining him. He was a good player but Wenger sacrificed him for RVP's lone striker system and he rotted away on the bench. Fucking shit attitude, no doubt, and a shit finisher too, but he could have had his uses. Adebayor was a shit finisher and has a terrible attitude, and he scored lots of goals for us!

He'll play for Vancouver.

sort-of-want-face.jpg

On the one hand...MLS..but on the other...Shava

Salvadora

lol Chamakh I forgot he existed too. I actually blame Wenger for ruining him. He was a good player but Wenger sacrificed him for RVP's lone striker system and he rotted away on the bench. Fucking shit attitude, no doubt, and a shit finisher too, but he could have had his uses. Adebayor was a shit finisher and has a terrible attitude, and he scored lots of goals for us!

You've been got to.

He was never a good player. Sure he had his strengths, but I don't believe for a second he would have been anything more than a Capital One Cup player.

Wtf? Alone? What do you call my Lokomotiv support.

Lol, I'm completely on the Loko bandwagon for next week since they're playing CSKA. Remember when they couldn't score any goals? Well now they're playing this 17 year old as a playmaker and they've started scoring and winning. And he apparently has a twin brother too. Can't wait until Russia fields a team with the Berezutski twins as CBs, the Kombarov twins as FBs and this kid and his brother as midfielders and uhh...I guess Kerzhakov at striker and his brother as keeper.

FootballFan

Lol, I'm completely on the Loko bandwagon for next week since they're playing CSKA. Remember when they couldn't score any goals? Well now they're playing this 17 year old as a playmaker and they've started scoring and winning. And he apparently has a twin brother too. Can't wait until Russia fields a team with the Berezutski twins as CBs, the Kombarov twins as FBs and this kid and his brother as midfielders and uhh...I guess Kerzhakov at striker and his brother as keeper.

Obviously that guy was taught by Loskov.

Obviously that guy was taught by Loskov.

My favourite thing about this kid though( his name is Aleksei Miranchuk btw) is that he was a Spartak academy product, but they cut him and his brother apparently because of their poor physical conditioning or something. Now, a year later he's playing for Loko's first team. Suck it Spartak!

Suen

Bale ain't going to Shit Madrid. No way.
You have Balo and Shawarma, don't be greedy.

I've been calling for Shava to retire for almost a year now. I fear he'd otherwise do something stupid, like come to the MLS.

Edit: Wtf, we have another Ligue 1 fan here and yet I'm still stuck alone :(
You probably scared away all Spartak fans that were dying to join this community.

Suen

Arsenal would be delighted to have a player like Higuaín.
At least RVP quality or nothing. Higuain would be a better choices than our current ones (Giroud, Gervi) but he's not really the guy that will lift us up. Wouldn't mind him as a reserve.

FootballFan

My favourite thing about this kid though( his name is Aleksei Miranchuk btw) is that he was a Spartak academy product, but they cut him and his brother apparently because of their poor physical conditioning or something. Now, a year later he's playing for Loko's first team. Suck it Spartak!

Ah so like Eto'o at Madrid, well kinda, not really, but yeah.

Blablurn

I hate the fact that we have to wait almost three weeks for the CL final. There are only two meaningless league games inbetween. At least we're getting the title and the new home shirt next saturday.

Zabojnik

I hate the fact that we have to wait almost three weeks for the CL final. There are only two meaningless league games inbetween. At least we're getting the title and the new home shirt next saturday.

On the other hand, more time to speculate where the various Dortmind players will end up next season and piss off BVB fans.

Blablurn

On the other hand, more time to speculate where the various Dortmind players will end up next season and piss off BVB fans.

:lol

But I told myself that I won't waste any more words on the other team anymore. Reading some comments from the supporters of the other team on this board was enough lately :)

So, Juve-gaf, not trolling just actually genuinely curious. What's with the 31 thing? Are you trying to suggest that you deserve the two titles stripped from you?

Edit:

<---------Stripped from us. I forgot I won those titles with you guys.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm done answering this question. Google it.

-

Bronzetti (Higuain's agent): "Higuan to Juventus? It's a possibility."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

-
Paul Pogba earned Juve&#8217;s first red card of the season. :lol

Nyx

You really think so? He's a workhorse who's developing nicely, but he needs some seasoning. Would like to see him play for the Dutch National squad once.

Yes I do.
Excellent passer, excellent movement, 110% workrate.

He and Mike van der Hoorn are ready for a higher level for sure.

Looooool, Reading fans are boycotting the last game of the season because we're charging them £49 a ticket (the last game is always a category A fixture for us), so they're moving their muggy "inflatables day" to the home visit from Man City next week. Something to look forward to, eh City fans?

A priceless quote from one of the Reading lot complaining to our ticket office about the cost;

"I paid £20 for a ticket to Arsenal. There I experienced a far, far, superior stadium to Upton Park in every possible way - comfort, space, cleanliness, service, everything. I also saw Reading play a far higher standard of player than is present in the West Ham team."

And, while I'm on the theme of laughing at Reading, what sort of club prints a song sheet and what sort of fans come up with such vapid chants?

1lT5UF8.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Barca looking at Lloris?

I guess if you put '£25m' in the subject heading, Levy might open the e-mail. Then delete it immediately.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Thats not how it works at Barca and you know it. We shall begin unsettling him soon. Send in xavi.

ohoho

That won't do shit, Levy is immune to all such tactics. It didn't work with Berba or Modric and it won't work with Lloris. Even if Levy were willing to consider offers (which he isn't, same for Bale) you either pay the price he wants or you don't get the player. Madrid spent all summer unsettling Modric and they still had to pay £35m, even after he disgraced himself by refusing to go on the pre-season tour (and then complained he didn't have a proper pre-season!).

Messi

ohoho

That won't do shit, Levy is immune to all such tactics. It didn't work with Berba or Modric and it won't work with Lloris. Even if Levy were willing to consider offers (which he isn't, same for Bale) you either pay the price he wants or you don't get the player. Madrid spent all summer unsettling Modric and they still had to pay £35m, even after he disgraced himself by refusing to go on the pre-season tour (and then complained he didn't have a proper pre-season!).

Its ok though, we don't actually want him that is tabloid bullshit. We want a better keeper like De Gea. He fits our game perfectly.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is looking for a house in Turin.

Marotta, BUY ALL THE HOUSES! Trust me, it's CHEAPER than having him here for 3-4 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom