• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timu, Leo is embarrassing

iQcci9qdFweYx.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A very interesting interview with Conte:

gazmay7.jpg

Antonio Conte is already thinking about the Juventus of tomorrow, while he admits that he was contacted by the Old Lady in 2009.

In a revealing interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport, the tactician touched on a number of subjects just days after winning his second consecutive League championship.

“My wife has told me to at least enjoy this Scudetto for a couple of days, but I can’t,” he admitted.

“I’m also a character who doesn’t really show his feelings, but that is not to say that I’m not experiencing them.

“Both Scudetti were beautiful and complicated,” he continued.

“The first was unexpected, we were not favourites and perhaps not even considered. We beat a battleship like Milan and to remain unbeaten all season was a masterpiece.
“To confirm yourselves as champions is never easy, as the others are waiting for you and we also had the Champions League to navigate.”

After conquering Italy, Conte has made it very clear that he now wants to be put into a position to challenge for the Champions League.

“It makes me laugh when I hear certain things, like when people say that Juventus need just two players to win the Champions League. That’s a superficial and presumptuous argument.“The reality is different – the top is some distance away as the UEFA rankings demonstrate. It’s not just an economical issue either. Certainly money helps, but that is not enough.“Bayern Munich is a model to follow. A serious project which started years ago with Van Gaal, that has included burning losses that enhanced the ferocity of their players.

“At the base of all success is organisation of play, a club who are prepared to go down a precise path with targeted investments and an eye on the youth system. That’s the only way you can change.”

Conte is now set for talks with Juve officials to see whether they share the same view in what lies ahead, especially in terms of transfer targets.

“Will I stay? The players and the club deserve respect. I’ll speak about these things with the President and with director general Marotta.

“Who do I want between Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Luis Suarez and Gonzalo Higuain? You can’t say no to those three. I’ll take all of them, but that won’t be enough to win the Champions League,” he smiled.

Conte joined the Old Lady in 2011, but he was contacted by the previous management about becoming the Coach.

“I met with sporting director Alessio Secco and I tried to explain how I would have intended to re-launch Juventus.

“Playing an offensive game, but with ball possession starting from the defence. And then having two wide attackers to surprise our opponents. I indicated players as models: Robben, Lennon and Walcott.

“Diego? He asked for my opinion on him. I said, with frankness, that he was a good player but with Trezeguet, Del Piero, Amauri and Iaquinta in the squad, that €25m could be spent in another manner.

“You all know what happened. If a Coach has a specific way that he plays then he can’t be left out when technical decisions are made.”

Juventus finished seventh in 2009-10 and 2010-11.

YOU HEAR THAT MAROTTA?

I'm pretty sure (or at least I hope) that most of our flops were Marotta signings.

Zabojnik

A very interesting interview with Conte:

YOU HEAR THAT MAROTTA?

I'm pretty sure (or at least I hope) that most of our flops were Marotta signings.

This man just gets it. His 4-2-4 at Bari was a sight to behold, btw. Fuck strikers, I want me some world-class wingers.

MARRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This man just gets it. His 4-2-4 at Bari was a sight to behold, btw. Fuck strikers, I want me some world-class wingers.

Don't get too excited. He's leaving to PSG, because money IS everything. /Tancredi

FootballFan

Di Maria!!!!!!

Why is Dos Santos still at Barca. Fuck. Why does Keirrison still belong to Barca. Sell them!!

I get frustrated thinking just about those 2, imagine Arsenal fans who have like 8 players they forget are even in their squad lol. I'd go nuts.

FootballFan

I fucking wish. Di Maria and Cuadrado would be my dream signings. Alas ...

Sanchez would be great too but as I said earlier, he is young and has shown good things at times, he will get another chance next season.

Llorente, Cuadrado, Di Maria and another random for your least covered position.

FootballFan

So, I was playing FIFA 13 online on UCK_MY_ICK account the other day and now I can't sign into EA. Did someone report me or is it a glitch? I already tried deleting and reinstalling the game data + save data but still received the same message.

wAbstOa.jpg

I'm going to try redownloading the online pass, if that fails. UckMyIck goes into retirement before even making his debut for BelieveFC(ps3).

bjaelke

Bjaelke and Wooden, what do you think of the rumours sending Cornelius to Dortmund next season ?

There were around 70 different clubs at the match two days ago (Brøndby - FCK). I don't think Cornelius did anything particular in that match to attract the Attention of Dortmund or any other club. On the other hand, he's the top scorer in the league and has a very promising career ahead of him.

He'll most likely leave this Summer if he can move to a club participating in next year's Champions League.

I still hope he ends up at Stoke but that's because I'm a selfish and evil person.

spidye

So, I was playing FIFA 13 online on UCK_MY_ICK account the other day and now I can't sign into EA. Did someone report me or is it a glitch? I already tried deleting and reinstalling the game data + save data but still received the same message.

wAbstOa.jpg

I'm going to try redownloading the online pass, if that fails. UckMyIck goes into retirement before even making his debut for BelieveFC(ps3).

probably a problem on EA's part. I got this once, too

Linius

There were around 70 different clubs at the match two days ago (Brøndby - FCK). I don't think Cornelius did anything particular in that match to attract the Attention of Dortmund or any other club. On the other hand, he's the top scorer in the league and has a very promising career ahead of him.

He'll most likely leave this Summer if he can move to a club participating in next year's Champions League.

I still hope he ends up at Stoke but that's because I'm a selfish and evil person.

Nah, no one in their right mind would go to Stoke if they have so many better clubs interested in them. I'll make sure Fischer gives him a call.

confuziz

Banned

wAbstOa.jpg

Had this once too, just a temporary problem.

Anfield: the victims, the anger and Liverpool's shameful truth

Policy of buying up houses around the stadium and leaving them empty has driven the local area into dreadful decline

In the blighted streets around Liverpool's Anfield stadium, residents are packing up and leaving their family homes, so the football club can have them demolished and expand their Main Stand. In the six months since the club scrapped their decade-long plan to build a new stadium on Stanley Park, and reverted to expanding Anfield instead, Liverpool city council has been seeking to buy these neighbours' homes, backed by the legal threat of compulsory purchase.

People's farewells are bitter, filled with anger and heartbreak at the area's dreadful decline and at the club for deepening the blight by buying up houses since the mid-1990s then leaving them empty. A few residents are refusing to move, holding out against the council, which begins negotiations with low offers. These homeowners believe they should be paid enough not only to buy a new house but to compensate for the years of dereliction, stagnation and decline, and crime, fires, vandalism, even murders which have despoiled the area. Their resentment is compounded by the fact that they are being forced to move so that Liverpool, and their relatively new US owner, Fenway Sports Group, can make more money.

Delightful.

bjaelke

Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball 12m
Kenny Jackett has resigned as Millwall manager.

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 5m
6 - Kenny Jackett was the sixth longest serving manager in the English leagues, behind Ferguson, Wenger, Moyes, Pulis & Tisdale. Departure.

Peter McDowall ‏@Petermcdowall10 40s
11th longest serving manager in England is now......Roberto Mancini! That's crazy.

Millwall what have you done?!

Kenka

Dortmund is after Eriksen too. Are they beginning their own Danish super team now?
I heard of their interest for Fischer but not Eriksen.

I see, so it's just paper-selling news. Dortmund is just another club in the line. Arguably, their new financial strength gives them more credibility when they go hunting but that doesn't seal the deal in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom