• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

He just started playing for us this year. And he got champions League group Stage in front of him, something that could get his reputation up much higher than today if he does well. But even more importantly : we signed a new contract with him and we won't sell him ahead of Champions League unless the bid is as I said insane.

Ah, that makes sense. I was under the impression he was from your youth system.

Seriously, is there actually a buyout clause in Gündogan's contract ? Is there a way to know it ?

Oh, come on. Just think about it. Why would some Spanish paper know about that first? And why would we agree a release clause two (!) years before the contract runs out for a 20-year-old coming from Nürnberg?

Kenka

thxnOHc.jpg

...what ? I can't even...

Oh, come on. Just think about it. Why would some Spanish paper know about that first? And why would we agree a release clause two (!) years before the contract runs out for a 20-year-old coming from Nürnberg?
I don't know ! But if it happens to be true, it would a waste of big proportions, Gündogan has been able to replace Sahin in a team in which Sahin was the centerpiece. Not only he did that, but in addition he played at this position even better. Gündogan is a gem.

between them. Actually, anyone know what actually happened?

Aside from not respecting Mou's decisions, talking shit about his teammates to his gf that couldn't shut her mouth up?

Hell the gal even talked shit about Ronaldo, all from Casillas mouth. The guy acts like he owns the place.

Holy shit, I thought you were English lol :D

So we've got

-You and Fady in Abou Diaby
-Morsel in Japan
-FootballFan in New Zealand
-Messi, juanpablo and deGod in Ireland
-Andres, Meier, Awesome Animals, Timurid, Swagger and Shake Appeal, Slizz in the States
-pulga in Honduras
-Blablurn, fuenf, Milch, Kenka and ElTopo in Germany (presumably)
-The Lucifer in Italy
-Linius, Bacon and confuziz in Dutchland
-LFMartins86, rvy and Lambda in Portugal
-Wooden and bjaelke in Aggerland
-faridmon is from Norway (?)
-MPW, war recon zero, keit4, PantyPhantom, Noirulus, bud23, Spanish Wrath in Spain
-Sviat in The Motherland
-spidye in Austria
-Zabo in Slovenia
-kharma, Kyle and Salva in Northern Ireland
-Fry8 and RobinhoMk2Fan10 in Brazil
-Letters in venezuela
-Yurt in Liverpool will win the league next season, just Kuwait
-Suen in Sweden

Anyone else, and who have I got wrong?

Also, we need more xenophobia to spice this thread up

Hey respect my Burra land

I don't think this has been posted: Milan, Bayern, Manchester City and Sao Paolo will face each other in the Audi Cup next summer. The matches will be played on July 31st and August 1st. Bayern won it twice, Barça once.

Allegri:
the midfield vs. Pescara tomorrow will be the same as the one we saw vs. Torino." (Flamini, Muntari and Nocerino)

Oh boy, here comes another boring game. Those three were incredibly bad to see on Sunday, can't wait to see them again all together. Really.

Feorax

You have to assume if/when Mourinho comes back, Lukaku and Ba will be his alternating strikers. Those two are ideal for a Chelsea under Mourinho.

Sell Torres, buy midfielders? Win win?

Linius

Hey, finally some names out there. It seems Overmars is busy with Barca to make sure Marc Muniesa and Sergi Roberto come to us on loan for the next season. And if Barca is willing to pay some amount of Cuenca's salary he might stay with us for the coming season as well.

Though I'm still not sure how I feel about this. Three players from Barca in Amsterdam makes us like a training institute to them much like Chelsea is doing with their players at Vitesse.

pappe

Holy shit, I thought you were English lol :D

So we've got

-You and Fady in Abou Diaby
-Morsel in Japan
-FootballFan in New Zealand
-Messi, juanpablo and deGod in Ireland
-Andres, Meier, Awesome Animals, Timurid, Swagger and Shake Appeal, Slizz in the States
-pulga in Honduras
-Blablurn, fuenf, Milch, Kenka and ElTopo in Germany (presumably)
-The Lucifer in Italy
-Linius, Bacon and confuziz in Dutchland
-LFMartins86, rvy and Lambda in Portugal
-Wooden and bjaelke in Aggerland
-faridmon is from Norway (?)
-MPW, war recon zero, keit4, PantyPhantom, Noirulus, bud23, Spanish Wrath in Spain
-Sviat in The Motherland
-spidye in Austria
-Zabo in Slovenia
-kharma, Kyle and Salva in Northern Ireland
-Fry8 and RobinhoMk2Fan10 in Brazil
-Letters in venezuela
-Yurt in Liverpool will win the league next season, just Kuwait
-Suen in Sweden

Anyone else, and who have I got wrong?

Also, we need more xenophobia to spice this thread up
Me from India. :( you forgot me :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Journalist with Inter channel, Roberto Scarpini has apologised for urinating in the San Paolo (Napoli Stadium) elevator on Sunday night.

Roberto Scarpini on peeing: "The panic of not being able to arrive on time in the bathroom took over and I could not help myself. "

iowxH60Lo2g7g.gif

Clegg

Do people actually boil water in a microwave?

The Americanisms thread in OT is a new font of information for me.

GorillaJu

Americans don't usually have reason to own an electric kettle. My parents don't have one in our house, and I don't think I know a single person who has one. Coffee makers, most people have, however.

There's nothing inherently wrong with heating water in the microwave. Not that people use the microwave expressly for boiling water, just that if you need to heat up a small amount of water for something, it works just fine. If I'm drinking medicine that requires hot water, I'll usually use the microwave.

In Japan, we have electric water boilers like these (you push a button to dispense water, not pour like a kettle).

I'm more astounded by the whole cheering and clapping at the cinema thing.

It's not common at all. It only happens when you get big fan gatherings for releases that have nerdy followers, like Twilight, Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc. People don't cheer when the bad guy dies in your standard Summer movie.

And chalk this up to another "why give a shit?"

GorillaJu

Actual unsweetened iced tea, or Southern Style sweet tea, is amazing. Unfortunately in Asia I've yet to find a restaurant that has really dark, good home brewed iced tea.

dc89

Nice dude! Enjoy.

Thanks man!

Do people actually boil water in a microwave?

The Americanisms thread in OT is a new font of information for me.

I heard that before on Gaf. It sounds so stupid :p

No electric kettle around?

Kettles? Microwave? Old hat.

I want an Immersion tap. Boiling water, from the tap, in seconds.

---

City will take part in the Audi Cup on 31/7 and 1/8 in Munich, also featuring Bayern Munich, Sao Paolo, and Mario Balotelli's AC Milan!

We'll stuff Bayern.

Hey, finally some names out there. It seems Overmars is busy with Barca to make sure Marc Muniesa and Sergi Roberto come to us on loan for the next season. And if Barca is willing to pay some amount of Cuenca's salary he might stay with us for the coming season as well.

Though I'm still not sure how I feel about this. Three players from Barca in Amsterdam makes us like a training institute to them much like Chelsea is doing with their players at Vitesse.

You can have Cuenca for free :p

Sergi Roberto is probably not an option, Marc Muniesa yes, even Fontas on loan at Mallorca is one.

Dont complain son, for how many years did Ajax feed the big teams with their youngsters; the real tragedy is Ajax not doing what they used to do, seems that the academy isnt what it used to.

Linius

You can have Cuenca for free :p

Sergi Roberto is probably not an option, Marc Muniesa yes, even Fontas on loan at Mallorca is one.

Dont complain son, for how many years did Ajax feed the big teams with their youngsters; the real tragedy is Ajax not doing what they used to do, seems that the academy isnt what it used to.

That's why I'm complaining. Ajax isn't some pet club for Barcelona.

And there's nothing wrong with our academy really. Where do you think these players on the field that won us three titles came from? Next year we'll replace Alderweirld (own youth) with Veltman (own youth). We buy youngsters (15/16) all over Europe and we train the Dutch boys rolling in. As far as it goed for Dutchies we have Klaassen, Denswil and Veltman on the way. And Bazoer for the season after that.

That's why I'm complaining. Ajax isn't some pet club for Barcelona.

And there's nothing wrong with our academy really. Where do you think these players on the field that won us three titles came from? Next year we'll replace Alderweirld (own youth) with Veltman (own youth). We buy youngsters (15/16) all over Europe and we train the Dutch boys rolling in. As far as it goed for Dutchies we have Klaassen, Denswil and Veltman on the way. And Bazoer for the season after that.
I dotn question that the academy isnt producing, from an outsider's perspective looks they dont produce the same quality players anymore.

if memory doesnt fail me, just a few years ago you would have ajax sell one player every summer for 20m +

Sneijder, Suarez, Huntelaar.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
AVB trolling Chesney:

"An Arsenal player who has only been at the club for a couple of years is not entitled to so much hatred for Tottenham like he seems to have," the Spurs head coach told the media.

"I think it would be a little bit more tolerable if it came from a genuine Arsenal fan.

"Coming from an Arsenal player who is only passing through to another club and isn't going to stay there for life, he doesn't mean those words from the heart.

lol

He also says Dembele and Lennon are 'in the group' for tomorrow's game. I don't think Dembele will start though.

Linius

I dotn question that the academy isnt producing, from an outsider's perspective looks they dont produce the same quality players anymore.

if memory doesnt fail me, just a few years ago you would have ajax sell one player every summer for 20m +

Sneijder, Suarez, Huntelaar.

Both Suarez and Huntelaar cost us 10 mil. They're no youth players :p

But yeah, the likes of Sneijder, Van der Vaart and Babel made us big money. Maybe Eriksen this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom