• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

These Mourinho quotes coming out right now are next level amazing

Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe 22秒
Mou: "It's not easy for Pepe to be steamrollered by a 19 year old kid [Varane] but that's the law of life. The kid is fantastic."

KOB1.jpg

bjaelke

Jonjo's goal against United
I heard of their interest for Fischer but not Eriksen.
Eriksen was just mentioned as a possible Götze replacement and Eriksen responded to the rumour by saying "I'll go if they actually want me".
I see, so it's just paper-selling news. Dortmund is just another club in the line. Arguably, their new financial strength gives them more credibility when they go hunting but that doesn't seal the deal in itself.
Dortmund have asked about Cornelius through Flemming Povlsen (former Dortmund striker), so they're clearly monitoring him.

GorillaJu

9gSwaZ5.png

I love how every team is U21s except for Manchester City EDS - the team second to last in their group, not in the Elite tier, and getting stomped in the second phase as well. :lol

dc89

9gSwaZ5.png

I love how every team is U21s except for Manchester City EDS - the team second to last in their group, not in the Elite tier, and getting stomped in the second phase as well. :lol

Shocking run of results in that competition this year.

They've done much better lately though, but IIRC some of the games have been cup games!

Suarez is balling though atm. 5 goals in 6 games.

WJD

9gSwaZ5.png

Just brilliant.

EDS is probably the stupidest thing to come out of City's takeover. It's like, QPR and Blackburn levels of ridiculous.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
9gSwaZ5.png

Our GD is fucking amazing. It makes our actual PL GD look rather pathetic (which it is).

GorillaJu

Shocking run of results in that competition this year.

They've done much better lately though, but IIRC some of the games have been cup games!

Suarez is balling though atm. 5 goals in 6 games.

To be fair, the likelihood of youth team players coming good for the first team doesn't really hinge on the U21 team's results, where the primary motive is nurturing talent, not winning games.

We're in the final stages now here, anyway. Tottenham will face the winner of Newcastle v Everton, and then the winner there will face either Man Utd or Liverpool for the final.

coutinho500a.jpg

Look at this charming little stud. My favorite LFC transfer since Torres.

Feorax

Liverpool unbeaten, future looks bright?

We've got some really promising youngsters. Suso, Sterling and Wisdom made the step up this year and worked really hard in the first team. I fully expect them to still be in and around the first team next year, and would also imagine Coady, McLaughlin and Teixiera will make appearences next year.

Youth development seems to be a massive part of what we're about these days.

Linius

I heard of their interest for Fischer but not Eriksen.

In the Dutch press word has it Dortmund wants Eriksen (all rumours obviously). Nothing about Fischer though. Not that any club would even make a chance to buy Fischer by the way :p

Feorax

Re: Eriksen, I was under the impression we had ended our interest in him, but it would seem Ryan Babel has been in his ear trying to convince him to join us.

Won't happen, especially if Dortmund are interested, but props to Babel for putting a good word in for is.

GorillaJu

We've got some really promising youngsters. Suso, Sterling and Wisdom made the step up this year and worked really hard in the first team. I fully expect them to still be in and around the first team next year, and would also imagine Coady, McLaughlin and Teixiera will make appearences next year.

Youth development seems to be a massive part of what we're about these days.

McLaughlin is the one I've got my hopes pinned on. Don't know why, just seems to have that special something, kind of like Sterling.

Not that I don't think the other players have a future, but I get excited watching McLaughlin play. Quick and agile right back, great technique, good head on his shoulders. Proper attacking fullbacks like Dani Alves and Philip Lahm are exciting to watch.

Would black be consider a neutral color?

In terms of clothing, no, in terms of design, yes.

Re: Eriksen, I was under the impression we had ended our interest in him, but it would seem Ryan Babel has been in his ear trying to convince him to join us.

Won't happen, especially if Dortmund are interested, but props to Babel for putting a good word in for is.

Where'd you read this?

Pretty sure this guy doesn't have a great reputation around here but some interesting Mourinho related tweets anyway:

tancredipalmeri: Mourinho on Iniesta defending Casillas:"He can say what he wants,but with what Barça did in semis maybe should worry more about his team"

tancredipalmeri: Mourinho on the money Real Madrid should pay him if he will be sacked: "I don't want any € more if I will be sacked". London calling

tancredipalmeri: Another shocking Mourinho attack on Casillas: "With me Diego Lopez will always be ahead of Casillas. He's better"

Come home Jose!!

Edit also:

sidlowe: Mou: "It's not easy for Pepe to be steamrollered by a 19 year old kid [Varane] but that's the law of life. The kid is fantastic."

sidlowe: Mourinho: "Pepe's position is easy to analyse. His problem is called Varane."

sidlowe: Genius. Mourinho just explained why he likes Lopez more than Casillas and says: "simples."

Feorax

McLaughlin is the one I've got my hopes pinned on. Don't know why, just seems to have that special something, kind of like Sterling.

Not that I don't think the other players have a future, but I get excited watching McLaughlin play. Quick and agile right back, great technique, good head on his shoulders. Proper attacking fullbacks like Dani Alves and Philip Lahm are exciting to watch.

Based on his performances this year since about Feb, I could see us cashing in on Johnson in the summer, buying a younger, more attacking right back, and then using McLaughlin as backup.

Wisdom should really be a centreback like Kelly. Complement each other quite well.

Where'd you read this?

Apparently it was mentioned on Talksport earlier today.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wigan are going to win for sure.

And either Newcastle or Norwich are going down.

Linius

I'm still wondering why Babel failed at Liverpool? Can someone fill me in on that?

And I think Eriksen's main desire is at least CL football. Our players are getting used to it these days. That was different round the time Suarez left us for you guys.

WJD

Spurs, Wigan, Leicester and Palace wins this week would make me very, very happy. Then stick Powell and co out against Swansea on Sunday and it's pretty close to perfect.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So LivperoolGAF, are you with or against keeping Stewart GOD-owning now? (5 goals and 9 assists)

Feorax

I'm still wondering why Babel failed at Liverpool? Can someone fill me in on that?

Hard to say. He was quick and always put ina shift, but was prone to the more than occasional brain-fart. Kenny obviously has a plan when he came in and Babel wasnt part of it.

I'm sure the Howard Webb photoshop incident didn't help...

I personally think we let him go too early. We lost a couple of good players around that time we tried to shift the deadwood. Insua was another I don't get why we let go.

Linius

Hard to say. He was quick and always put ina shift, but was prone to the more than occasional brain-fart. Kenny obviously has a plan when he came in and Babel wasnt part of it.

I'm sure the Howard Webb photoshop incident didn't help...

I personally think we let him go too early. We lost a couple of good players around that time we tried to shift the deadwood. Insua was another I don't get why we let go.

So the main reason was a new coach that had no intent of using Babel? Well I'm glad he some how made his way back to us. Too bad he was injured a lot this season. But the games he played he really made an impression.

I'm anxious to know where he will go now. He had planned to shine this season for a bigger club to pick him up but since he was injured quite a while I wonder if the clubs will be lining up for him.

Feorax

So the main reason was a new coach that had no intent of using Babel? Well I'm glad he some how made his way back to us. Too bad he was injured a lot this season. But the games he played he really made an impression.

I'm anxious to know where he will go now. He had planned to shine this season for a bigger club to pick him up but since he was injured quite a while I wonder if the clubs will be lining up for him.

To be fair, I don't think it was just Kenny. That was also FSG's first transfer window and they were obviously looking for ways to raise funds to start the rebuild. At the time Babel was being sold, FSG probably had no idea what was going to transpire on deadline day that January.

Babel also really didn't like Comolli, so he probably had a hand in it too.

There were around 70 different clubs at the match two days ago (Brøndby - FCK). I don't think Cornelius did anything particular in that match to attract the Attention of Dortmund or any other club. On the other hand, he's the top scorer in the league and has a very promising career ahead of him.

He'll most likely leave this Summer if he can move to a club participating in next year's Champions League.

I still hope he ends up at Stoke but that's because I'm a selfish and evil person.

He's not leaving this year unless we get an inane bid on.

Linius

He's not leaving this year unless we get an inane bid on.

You really think he's gonna stay another year? Wouldn't it make sense for a Dane to make a move to a midtable club in a big league or a top club over here? Or could he make a direct transfer to a topclub next year?

You really think he's gonna stay another year? Wouldn't it make sense for a Dane to make a move to a midtable club in a big league or a top club over here? Or could he make a direct transfer to a topclub next year?

He just started playing for us this year. And he got champions League group Stage in front of him, something that could get his reputation up much higher than today if he does well. But even more importantly : we signed a new contract with him and we won't sell him ahead of Champions League unless the bid is as I said insane.

Fady K

Those mou quotes are pretty spot on. Even as a barca supporter I agree with his statement - after that embarrassing loss Barca should use it as an incentive to work on themselves big time this summer.

Regarding Casillas, the comments are too harsh in my opinion. God knows what happened between them. Actually, anyone know what actually happened?

You're most welcome Linius :)

It's honestly looking like relegation to me.

It's okay though because I'll have PS4 to use for escapism. :p

Keep the faith bro, you never know. Especially with so many teams facing a potential relegation. I don't get how Newcastle have not been doing good for the past couple of months. I remember them bettering Chelsea 3-2 and I thought they were off to a good run since, but it seems like Chelsea's game was the peak!

Lolol, what a twat.

Agreed. He was in the UAE yesterday and apparently he was over 2 hours late for his concert. His show was also on a weekday here, most of his audience had to be in bed for school by the time his show started.

Don't read about him if you think he is a calm kid

Yeah I was way off about him 0_o

-You and Fady in Abou Diaby
-Morsel in Japan
-FootballFan in New Zealand
-Messi, juanpablo and deGod in Ireland
-Andres, Meier, Awesome Animals, Timurid, Swagger and Shake Appeal, Slizz in the States
-pulga in Honduras
-Blablurn, fuenf, Milch, Kenka and ElTopo in Germany (presumably)
-The Lucifer in Italy
-Linius, Bacon and confuziz in Dutchland
-LFMartins86, rvy and Lambda in Portugal
-Wooden and bjaelke in Aggerland
-faridmon is from Norway (?)
-MPW, war recon zero, keit4, PantyPhantom, Noirulus, bud23, Spanish Wrath in Spain
-Sviat in The Motherland
-spidye in Austria
-Zabo in Slovenia
-kharma, Kyle and Salva in Northern Ireland
-Fry8 and RobinhoMk2Fan10 in Brazil
-Letters in venezuela
-Yurt in Liverpool will win the league next season, just Kuwait
-Suen in Sweden

Anyone else, and who have I got wrong?

Also, we need more xenophobia to spice this thread up

LOL @ Abou Diaby hahahahaa

Hey guys, I am sleepless's brother. Had this account for ages, but I am just posting now.

Salam! Welcome aboard bro :)

ZahALLAH pls

it8uhvtusmk6qymx9h.gif

I'm going to defend Valencia here; the pitch was not in great condition. A lot of CFC and MUFC players slipped that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom