• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Pete Doherty has an unlikely house guest at his Paris home: Home Alone star Macaulay Culkin.

The pair share a mutual friend in New York musician Adam Green, with whom Culkin recently toured the UK, and their friendship has led to the actor spending time with Doherty while staying in Paris. The Sun reports that Culkin is a fan of the "bohemian" lifestyle enjoyed in Paris and that he has bonded with the Babyshambles frontman over poetry and acting.

"Macaulay and Pete may seem an odd couple but they’ve got loads of interests and life experiences in common," a source told the paper. "They bonded over their love of poetry and art. Macaulay can’t get enough of listening to Pete waxing lyrical about his painting and music. He’s always been a fan of extreme characters like Pete. Look at the way he defends his childhood friend Michael Jackson. Pete also loves talking to Macaulay about acting, as he’s been trying to launch a movie career."
http://www.nme.com/news/pete-dohert...&utm_campaign=NME-Newsletter-Tuesday07May2013

Well this sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Carbonox

Pardew will still be manager next season.

This is your punishment for liking EA games.

VmBjNqo.jpg

If you were a Wigan fan, would you be happy scraping survival every season? These runs they go on show that they have a team capable of much more, and the security needed for long term success. How can you build a good structure when you can never be sure of survival and the financial security provided by it?

If you were a Wigan fan, would you be happy scraping survival every season? These runs they go on show that they have a team capable of much more, and the security needed for long term success. How can you build a good structure when you can never be sure of survival and the financial security provided by it?

This is my biggest problem with Wigan's philosophy, not enough for me to wish relegation on them though, they don't put in as much effort at the beginning of the season and start fighting to stay in the PL the last few weeks.

Wilbur

Banned

Maybe with the new TV deal coming in, they won't be as reliant on selling their star players to survive. Hopefully, anyway. As long as Martinez stays, I want them around.

flyover

How much money do they stand to make from Europa (assuming they don't make it too far)? If it's a sizable amount, that could help them some with player investment. It is exciting to watch them attempt to save themselves every season (particularly last season), but it'd be nice to see them aspire to more.

Carbonox

How much money do they stand to make from Europa (assuming they don't make it too far)? If it's a sizable amount, that could help them some with player investment. It is exciting to watch them attempt to save themselves every season (particularly last season), but it'd be nice to see them aspire to more.

You get fuck all for even winning the Europa League. Wigan would get several hundred grand at best if they performed to expectations.

Meier

The Europa yields almost no money. The winner only gets a few million pounds. The TV rights aren't worth anything either (that's where most teams bank in the UCL) -- for them it will just be something for the fans to be proud about.

Kyoufu

I'd be willing to take relegation if it meant Pardew would be sacked, but that isn't going to happen.

Going down means we won't be getting Carroll either. :(

flyover

You get fuck all for even winning the Europa League. Wigan would get several hundred grand at best if they performed to expectations.

The Europa yields almost no money. The winner only gets a few million pounds. The TV rights aren't worth anything either (that's where most teams bank in the UCL) -- for them it will just be something for the fans to be proud about.

Thanks. That sucks for them. And what little money they make from attendance won't do them much good either...

Meier

My ESPN3 stream is really low quality for some reason but Tevez's hair looks particularly ridiculous today. Seems like he's rocking the Scott Parker look.

flyover

Can't believe Newcastle are in this position, but I still think it'll be down to Norwich or Wigan -- and that's only if Wigan hold on today.

Not a Newcastle fan at all, but the league is better for having them in it, if only for entertainment value. Norwich, on the other hand...

pulga

Banned
Grats on your 29th title!

Thanks, cunt :lol

WHATS UP PULGA

-

You're going down, West Ham.

DID YOU GET SUCKED OFF BABY

happy birthday, pulga! i hope your mom gave you a real good hug...

My mom aint even talking to me, she's pissed off I was too drunk on sunday to pick up my phone. Horrible, delicious couple of days.

PULGA ARE YOU WATCHING

ESPINOZA SCORED A SEXY ONE

NO I WAS WATCHING CITY

FUCK

GIF?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oh dear. That was coming, Wigan started very poorly this half.

Wilbur

Banned
Wigan are so naive, just ludicrous passing around their defence the whole time... they really need to stop that and learn just to boot it sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom