• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't hear you over how orgasmic this is.

aguerogoal.gif

gerrard3.gif

Better goal, better player.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What a game -- I'll probably never forget it. I'll always love Mario..wish he had been able to make it work better here but it's nice to see him flourishing for Milan. Roberto/club management not making a move after his sale was a terrible, terrible decision.

Did you read his interview with the Sunday Mirror? Also had something semi-nice to say to Suarez.

Mario Balotelli wished his former Manchester City teammates good luck ahead of their FA Cup Final and advised Luis Suarez. “I’m still a fan.”

The Milan striker sat down with the Sunday Mirror to reassure the side he left in January for £20m and manager Roberto Mancini, as they prepare to take on Wigan Athletic next Saturday.

“Roberto will do everything he needs this summer and Manchester City will win back the title next season,” said Super Mario.

“City will sign two or three of the best players in the world — and we will not see a repeat of this season. The FA Cup final has become a very big game for Manchester City, even though it was not the trophy we were all talking about in the dressing room at the start of season.

“Everybody wanted to ­retain the league and also do well in Europe. But those two things did not work out — so now the FA Cup means everything.

“Of course, City should win it, but football can be strange. I learned an English saying when I played for City — ‘The magic of the Cup’. It means anything can happen.”

Balotelli was Man of the Match in the 2011 FA Cup Final victory over Stoke.

“It was a great game to play in, but I have no regrets. I know that I am at a team with a lot of tradition that is also capable of winning big trophies.

“I am still a Manchester City fan, though — the club will always be in my heart. I might not be playing in the final this time, but I will be watching my friends as a fan.”

The Italian international also told the Sunday Mirror that controversial Liverpool striker Suarez has replaced him in the eyes of the tabloid press.

“Suarez is now somebody that the whole of England finds ­interesting. It doesn’t matter if people like him or don’t like him, they will always be ­interested in exactly what he is doing. Like they were with me.

“My only advice to him is ignore ­everything that people say about you. The only thing Suarez needs to do is concentrate on football
.”

Suarez is sitting out a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic on the arm.

Meier

He most certainly is a better player as of now.

fake edit: Forgot about you bollocks theory of younger players automatically being better because they have oom to improve. Carry on.

You're going to struggle to find anyone but Liverpool fans who believes Steven Gerrard is a better player than Sergio Aguero in 2013 let alone in 2016 or 2017 when Kun is at his peak. But comparing them is absolutely asinine. They don't play the same role, there isn't a comparison to be made.

Did you read his interview with The Sunday Mirror? Also had something semi-nice to say to Suarez.

That's weird, since the spotlight on Suarez is nothing like the one on Balotelli. Balotelli is interesting to the papers and stupid people because he's a bizarre cross between lovable eccentric and destructive moron. Suarez is just a cunt on the pitch.

Wilbur

Banned
You're going to struggle to find anyone but Liverpool fans who believes Steven Gerrard is a better player than Sergio Aguero in 2013 let alone in 2016 or 2017 when Kun is at his peak. But comparing them is absolutely asinine. They don't play the same role, there isn't a comparison to be made.

Well you compare them like:

Is Aguero a better striker than Gerrard is a midfielder? That's how you do best player in the world stuff innit. Obviously you can't directly compare Buffon and Iniesta, but if Buffon is a better keeper than Iniesta is a midfielder, you judge Buffon above Iniesta.

I'd still rate Gerrard over Aguero I think. He had a superb season last time out, and I'll probably get aguerroooooooo and the goal at Old Trafford linked to me again and again, but I posted a few months ago that I don't think he's a top top talent yet.

jtb

Banned
If you stuck Gerrard alongside world class strikers like Tevez and Rooney Dzeko, he'd be scoring 50 goals a season.

He's played better relative to position week in, week out for 9 months now. If I had a team with both players in it, I'd trust Gerrard to turn up more than I would Aguero. Better player.

Suen

The difference between the atmosphere in Wigan - Swansea and City - West Brom is mind-boggling. Did City's oil money forget to buy fans? Come on City :/

Wilbur

Banned
He's better than Aguero as well at the murment.

Chelsea have a star on their hands if they handle his progression properly

If Mourinho comes back, they'll sell Torres, bring Lukaku back and buy one of Gomez/Lewa/Falcao/Cavani. Then they'll rotate Ba and Lukaku as second striker behind the superstar one. Lampard will get a one year deal as well I think if Mou comes back. Terry as first choice again, Luiz in CM alongside a new midfielder. Can see Chelsea being ridiculously strong next year.

Wigan looking bright so far.

Suen

If Mourinho comes back, they'll sell Torres, bring Lukaku back and buy one of Gomez/Lewa/Falcao/Cavani. Then they'll rotate Ba and Lukaku as second striker behind the superstar one. Lampard will get a one year deal as well I think if Mou comes back. Terry as first choice again, Luiz in CM alongside a new midfielder. Can see Chelsea being ridiculously strong next year.

Wigan looking bright so far.
Yeah they are looking pretty good, great atmosphere there as well. Would be nice if they could score.

The difference between the atmosphere in Wigan - Swansea and City - West Brom is mind-boggling. Did City's oil money forget to buy fans? Come on City :/

City think they have it made. It took them about a month to go from irrelevant, sub-Newcastle fixture-fillers to thinking they're too good for the Europa League. Then another month to expecting to win every game and treating games against bottom-half teams like preseason games.

But hey, they turned up in their thousands when they were in the Championship.

kharma45

Tomorrows papers could be interesting, might be a massive #mufc story on the back of a leading red top. And its supposedly not transfer related.

From @tuftymufc

Clegg

Tomorrows papers could be interesting, might be a massive #mufc story on the back of a leading red top. And its supposedly not transfer related.

From @tuftymufc

Three possibilities imo

1. Glazers are selling up.
2. Malcolm Glazer is definitely dead
3. Moyes will be Frogie's successor

FootballFan

Hey, finally some names out there. It seems Overmars is busy with Barca to make sure Marc Muniesa and Sergi Roberto come to us on loan for the next season. And if Barca is willing to pay some amount of Cuenca's salary he might stay with us for the coming season as well.

Though I'm still not sure how I feel about this. Three players from Barca in Amsterdam makes us like a training institute to them much like Chelsea is doing with their players at Vitesse.

Sergi Roberto is the best out of those guys imo.

But can someone please buy Dos Santos.Thanks.

Meier

Playing better != better player. You can have a better season than someone but not be better than them.. this happens quite often. Gerrard has been healthy, Aguero has not. When healthy, Aguero has done pretty well this year although obviously nowhere near as good as last season. That kinda sums up the team in general.

City haven't shown up today. Terrible passing. Kolo was doing pretty well when paired with Nastasic earlier this year but he's been dreadful today. Micah is playing WAY up the pitch.

Suen

City think they have it made. It took them about a month to go from irrelevant, sub-Newcastle fixture-fillers to thinking they're too good for the Europa League. Then another month to expecting to win every game and treating games against bottom-half teams like preseason games.

But hey, they turned up in their thousands when they were in the Championship.
I know it's unfair to only single out City as bunch of other teams can have quiet (or shitty) fans from time to time (Arsenal included) but seriously it feels dead. If this is how it's going to be against smaller teams then City games are the perfect ones for an afternoon nap in most weekends. Fans should be cheering, singing and making themselves heard in every damn match, regardless of how the season is going. Hell even Barca fans were cheering after being under with seven goals last week.

Since I'm replying to you I have to admit that I do like the atmosphere at Anfield, pretty good.

Playing better != better player. Gerrard has been healthy, Aguero has not. When healthy, Aguero has done pretty well this year although obviously nowhere near as good as last season. That kinda sums up the team in general.

City haven't shown up today. Terrible passing. Kolo was doing pretty well when paired with Nastasic earlier this year but he's been dreadful today. Micah is playing WAY up the pitch.

By what possible metric then did you come to the conclusion that Gareth Bale comes anywhere close to Messi or Ronaldo?

I know it's unfair to only single out City as bunch of other teams can have quiet (or shitty) fans from time to time (Arsenal included) but seriously it feels dead. If this is how it's going to be against smaller teams then City games are the perfect ones for an afternoon nap in most weekends. Fans should be cheering, singing and making themselves heard in every damn match, regardless of how the season is going. Hell even Barca fans were cheering after being under with seven goals last week.

Since I'm replying to you I have to admit that I do like the atmosphere at Anfield, pretty good.

Our atmosphere fluctuates badly. It can be exceptional, but it depends too much on the match situation, the team we're playing against, and the competition we're playing in.

feel

I don't know if anybody has talked about this yet but benfica drawed last night and next Saturday there's a Porto vs Benfica. The winner probably wins the title as there's only one game left after this one. I already have my ticket for probably one of the most dramatic games I'll ever see. Benfica you're going to go through hell!
Damn I wish I could be there! Have fun!

pulsemyne

I think ashley got confused for a moment and thought he was play Rugby. Would have been a excellent conversion though. Swings and roundabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom