• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Whoever it is, he'll do fine. Ferguson isn't the only important person at United - they've got some of the best coaches in the game, a huge scouting network, the pedigree to attract the world's top talent, loads of money to pay them, and if worse comes to worse, Ferguson will still be there in the boardroom for advice.

The manager's mentality is more important than this history of winning things, much more important. Moyes will do fine there - I don't even think he'll have a rocky start. He just might start falling into his boring ass clank philosophy when the going does get rough.

madmackem

Whoever it is, he'll do fine. Ferguson isn't the only important person at United - they've got some of the best coaches in the game, a huge scouting network, the pedigree to attract the world's top talent, loads of money to pay them, and if worse comes to worse, Ferguson will still be there in the boardroom for advice.

The manager's mentality is more important than this history of winning things, much more important. Moyes will do fine there - I don't even think he'll have a rocky start. He just might start falling into his boring ass clank philosophy when the going does get rough.

The more i think of it the more it points to moyes, he wouldnt want to boot out the backroom staff etc hed want to keep the core of it all there, would jose do that im not so sure. Hes tailor made for the role.

Wes

venison crêpe
@OptaJoe 6m
70% - The only manager with a better win percentage in the PL than Sir Alex Ferguson (65%) is Jose Mourinho (70% - 20+ games). Heir?

@honigstein 9m
whatever you do, don't put money on Klopp or Jose.

pappe

Would be a good move for United and Everton I think.

There's genuinely no one else I'd rather have than Moyes, thinking about it. Mourinho is better, yeah. But Moyes has done an amazing job over the last 10 years, anyone that says otherwise is either uninformed or wrong.

We dont want to be Liverpool or Chelsea who are against the manager from the first day. If Moyes is appointed there will be a big section of the fans who would be very much against it. Granted they maybe plastic fans or glory hunters but the atmosphere will be bad and thats why i believe we need a manager who is a proven winner and hence might have the backing of most of the fans and not someone who will suffice as a transition. Frankly United are too big to go through a slack period. Look at Barcelona or Madrid. Always handing a job to a proven winner even if it is as a B team coach. It might not work always, but the chances of it working are always more.

Tc91

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 1m
Moyes ticks a number of boxes and may well be a smart move but, 'feel-wise', it's underwhelming and makes the job all about living up to AF

Have to agree with him, so underwhelming. David Moyes manager of Manchester United just seems so fucking shit.

pappe

Have to agree with him, so underwhelming. David Moyes manager of Manchester United just seems so fucking shit.

Exactly we need a personality to distract from SAF. coz if things start going bad everyone will go We are missing SAF but if we have someone like Mou in there, We will have someone who is capable of riding through the rough time.

Empty

i like moyes a fair bit, like i don't have problems with him being manager of the club. i just don't think he's suited to a job (succeeding ferguson more than just being manager) with such immense pressure at this point in his career. from what i see, he's not so good in games with pressure - derbies, cup matches - in his career at everton. i'd like to see him go to schalke then come back in a few seasons

given that, i want a few years of mourinho madness, he's the only man with the ego to shrug off the challenge and relish it as a perfect opportunity, to ease things up then rebuild from there.

the flipside is that moyes fits into the infrastructure left behind nicely.

Wes

venison crêpe
@MarkKleinmanSky
Another point about #MUFC succession: the deal with replacement for Sir Alex Ferguson is already done and has been approved by club's board.

madmackem

@MarkKleinmanSky
Another point about #MUFC succession: the deal with replacement for Sir Alex Ferguson is already done and has been approved by club's board.

Was reading this morning that money went on moyes last night in liverpool area, clear sign this and with the not a hired gun all points to moyes. Jose is the biggest hired gun in football.

Tc91

Despite his success in turning Everton into a top-six side, Moyes has yet to win a trophy and has failed to win an away game at the traditional 'big four' of United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, a pitiful run that now stands at 45 matches

Shocking, he will get absolutely roasted by fans when things don't go right.

Brinbe

Exactly we need a personality to distract from SAF. coz if things start going bad everyone will go We are missing SAF but if we have someone like Mou in there, We will have someone who is capable of riding through the rough time.

This is true, and the last thing we need is a situation like Scholes last year where people will suddenly be calling or goading SAF into coming back. That just won't happen with a Mou, even in tough times.

Linius

I think I'm gonna break my FIFA disc, some bullshit going on here.

In manager mode you can't heavy heavily injured players in your group for the game. Not even on the bench. And somehow FIFA forces you to have a team and bench all filled to the maximum with fit players. My problem is that I only had three players outside my bench and starting XI but I have four heavily injured players. Now FIFA won't let me play a game and I have to forfeit both semi final games in the CL against Dortmund ffs

tl;dr FIFA sucks

Randdalf

If there's one thing FM should have taught all of you by now, it's that Steve Bruce is always the next Man Utd manager, it's inevitable.

Wes

venison crêpe
@David_Cameron
Sir Alex Ferguson’s achievement at #MUFC has been exceptional. Hopefully his retirement will make life a little easier for my team #AVFC

WJD

Really can't say I'm too fond of the idea of a serial big-game-bottler being the successor to the greatest manager of all time.

FootballFan

I think I'm gonna break my FIFA disc, some bullshit going on here.

In manager mode you can't heavy heavily injured players in your group for the game. Not even on the bench. And somehow FIFA forces you to have a team and bench all filled to the maximum with fit players. My problem is that I only had three players outside my bench and starting XI but I have four heavily injured players. Now FIFA won't let me play a game and I have to forfeit both semi final games in the CL against Dortmund ffs

tl;dr FIFA sucks

BelieveFC disagrees.

madmackem

Shocking, he will get absolutely roasted by fans when things don't go right.

What like fergie did at first? man yoo fans well the young ones are gonna have to be welcomed to the real world of football where things arnt nailed on all the time and they may have to take some rough before the smooth.

Randdalf

Phil-Brown-008.jpg

pappe

Really can't say I'm too fond of the idea of a serial big-game-bottler being the successor to the greatest manager of all time.

Imagine losing to Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal in his first BIG games in charge of United. He will be public enemy number 1.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
wow judging by the way the market has gone it's definitely Moyes, no way the bookies would be offering 6/1 on Jose now if they weren't sure.

Oh well, will still be really interesting to see what happens, I think he'll probably fail to be honest, maybe Fergie has it in the back of his mind that he'll come back next year if it goes tits up.

dc89

Whats so special about this Moyes guy? Never heard of him.

Nothing. Nothing at all. It would be a disaster of an appointment for United IMO.

It's Jose or bust for me. Unless they land another massive name. Mancini could make the switch. He lives close by and he could carry in cycling to training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom