• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes then. We won't pay the money for Mourinho.

I don't think anybody will pay anything for Mou.

Mou wants out and Madrid wants him out. Mou has already said that when both parties want to part ways, nobody has to pay anything. Giving credit to the notion that Mou wants to leave as soon as possible.

Hell if Madrid asks for the money they run the risk of Mou staying.

Mourinho could not handle Casillas pressure how can he handle pressure in united after Fergi

He benched him... Casillas...

Wilbur

Banned
Why not? It is a lot of money but they've stuck with Fergurson for so long, they can afford these sort of one-off payments. Not like Chelsea who got burnt badly by AVB.

Eh, we just won't. Don't think Mourinho is right for the job anyway. Too destructive.

No way it's Moyes, he is not fit for the job.

Mourhino or somebody else who's name is not doing the rounds ........ for example I saw a lot of chatter in the papers about the Dortmund manager.

I guarantee its Moyes. Coming to the end of his contract as well. Klopp would be amazing but it's not happening.

With Viva in not being too worried about Moyes. Anybody could flop. But he is one of the ones who'd be healthier for the long term.

Oh I agree. I think he'll do well in the long run if I'm honest. There's going to be a lean period, we all know this.

It's just the idea of anyone other than Ferguson. I can't get my head round it yet. It won't hit me until someone else is there.

I wonder if some swansea fans might get edgy atm.

Nah, I think Laudrup, AVB and Lambert are all "next generation" managers. Not experienced enough for the job. The Man United board will want a manager with a few years of experience under his belt at a top club and proven Champions League pedigree. If Pep was still available then I think they would have pounced, but now it's Mou or Klopp.

I actually think Klopp is a good target for them as he has similar attributes to Fergie, built a team that had finished poorly in previous seasons, won two titles against overwhelming opposition from Bayern, and made it through to the Champions League final, beating Mou in the process.

Empty

if it's this week it's probably moyes, as everton have nothing to play for now.

why would mou resign before the copa del rey final or klopp before the champions league

qindarka

Banned
United fans, don't despair yet. Even if you don't want Moyes, he hasn't been confirmed yet and all sorts of things can happen when something hasn't been confirmed.

Reliable sources like Balague and that BBC guy are hinting at Mourinho to United.

Arnie

People underestimating Moyes, too.

I'm not his biggest fan, to put it lightly, but that he hasn't won silverware at Everton Football Club isn't an outright indictment of his ability to coach.

Messi

United fans, don't despair yet. Even if you don't want Moyes, he hasn't been confirmed yet and all sorts of things can happen when something hasn't been confirmed.

Reliable sources like Balague and that BBC guy are hinting at Mourinho to United.

Balague is not reliable lol

Tc91

if it's this week it's probably moyes, as everton have nothing to play for now.

why would mou resign before the copa del rey final or klopp before the champions league

Why do they have to resign? They could just sign a pre contract agreement.

I'm not his biggest fan, to put it lightly, but that he hasn't won silverware at Everton Football Club isn't an outright indictment of his ability to coach.

His team's football is though. They're solid, robust, good at set pieces. It's like settling for the fat chick with a nice personality.

Feorax

I agree he is the best choice in the long term, but I also don't think he will be one to hit the ground running.

United fans will need to give him time, but it will pay dividends if they do.

Wilbur

Banned

Everton being consistently top 7 or whatever is a fantastic achievement, and he's a class manager. But we won't have the pull Fergie had for a while. Last year when RVP's making a move, do you think he'd have left to work under Moyes?

madmackem

@MarkKleinmanSky 5m
Manchester United source tells me Sir Alex Ferguson's successor will be announced within days but has to resign from current role first...

Which means it's already lined up as we should've expected.

Why would they do that now when theres a few games left, doesnt make sense maybe annouced but i dont think they will resign as such.

Arnie

His team's football is though. They're solid, robust, good at set pieces. It's like settling for the fat chick with a nice personality.
:lol

Come on. It's clank with a slower engine. You've got to be seriously ignorant if you can't see the similarities between Moyes' style and Fergie's.

Wes

venison crêpe
5live phone in is a clusterfuck right now.

@CarolineCheese 1m
#MUFC fan on 5 Live phone-in heaping praise on Fergie for improving refereeing & timekeeping in the Prem. He is completely serious

Tc91

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore
A question for you.

You are Jose Mourinho.You cant have signed a pre agreement(still RM magnager).

You are offerd MUFC or CFC?

No brainer

Also,the way Mourinho was blatantly arse kissing United after Real Madrid game(""Best team lost,i love them,i need to be here"

Don't rule out Jose using Chelsea(and in particular Roman) as bait for United.May be pals agains but would Jose forget way he was treated?

Stan is going with Mourinho.

kharma45

Everton being consistently top 7 or whatever is a fantastic achievement, and he's a class manager. But we won't have the pull Fergie had for a while. Last year when RVP's making a move, do you think he'd have left to work under Moyes?

Ronaldo won't want Moyes :( :p

Honestly, who can replace Fergie?

No one, it's going to be the hardest job to take on in football, and it'll take balls, which is why I hope it's Jose.

Moyes would be a joke at United. The board would be on a hiding to nothing from fans and investors if they appoint Moyes. Not a single title at Everton and one fourth place finish. It's hardly a record worthy of taking on one of the world's most prestigious management positions.

Why would they do that now when theres a few games left, doesnt make sense maybe annouced but i dont think they will resign as such.

They wouldn't. A pre-contract would be signed and the manager would see out their current season with the club they are currently contracted for. No need to resign.

Yeah it'll be tough for the fans. They'll need to accept whoever comes in very quickly, and it'll take time, because its not Fergie you know?

Hell, it'll take me time and I'm not even a united supporter!

qindarka

Banned
Chris Mears ‏@ChrisMears1 16m
Rumours that Mourinho is in a hotel in Manchester - he couldn't could he?

Jonny Escott ‏@jonnyescott 44s
Sir Alex's replacement to be confirmed in the next 48 hours. Nailed on Mourinho

elseanio

It can't be Moyes. It can't be! It's the most desirable job in football management right now, why would they give it to someone that's never won anything?

Premier League Manager of the Month (10): November 2002, September 2004, January 2006, February 2008, February 2009, January 2010, March 2010, October 2010, September 2012, March 2013

madmackem

Moyes would be a joke at United. The board would be on a hiding to nothing from fans and investors if they appoint Moyes. Not a single title at Everton and one fourth place finish. It's hardly a record worthy of taking on one of the world's most prestigious management positions.

Its not all about titles, hes done that job while having little money to play with. Its not all about flashing the silverware even more so in a league that fergie and cash clubs have ruled. Im not sure jose is the type of character utd will want.

Feorax

I imagine we'll have this type of shit from all sources until the successor is officially announced.

If it is though, what the hell do Chelsea do next?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Here we go

Tuttosport is convinced it's either Jose or Conte. They reported United's interest in Conte FOUR months ago IIRC.

Mou would take United to the next level. And the squad isn't full of divas, the whole Mou is destructive started and ended with Real Madrid essentially.

Was he destructive at Chelsea? Porto? Inter? Is that why players over there still love him? Abramovich was the one who fucked up by bringing players to the team that Mou didn't want.

Someone bookmark these comments for when Moyes gets some money to spend for a few years...

Plenty of managers out there started on shit teams with no budgets. Moyes has been at Everton for what? 10 years? Has he even won a mickey mouse cup?

kharma45

He's the only man with big enough stones to be able to handle the intense media circus that'll surround us for the next year. It's a bit of a poisoned chalice now as everything that happens will be compared to SAF.

Arnie

The replacement is sorted, whoever it is. NQAT.

Playing in a six-a-side Semi Final in 25 minutes. This has put an extra spring in my step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom