• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

eBWrMxZ.jpg

A more decent image of the new away shirt.

FootballFan

Everton being consistently top 7 or whatever is a fantastic achievement, and he's a class manager. But we won't have the pull Fergie had for a while. Last year when RVP's making a move, do you think he'd have left to work under Moyes?

If the little boy insi..nah. The dream of Ronaldo return is over too if Moyes coaches you guys.

Its not all about titles, hes done that job while having little money to play with. Its not all about flashing the silverware even more so in a league that fergie and cash clubs have ruled. Im not sure jose is the type of character utd will want.

Yeah, but the FA Cup and League Cup have been available to win. I can understand not winning the league title as that is over a season, but Moyes hasn't even mustered an FA Cup or League Cup victory in all his seasons at Everton.

Not a single piece of silverware. It doesn't say much about having a winning mentality, which is what drives Fergie and keeps Man United in the competition every single season.

:lol

Come on. It's clank with a slower engine. You've got to be seriously ignorant if you can't see the similarities between Moyes' style and Fergie's.

I just don't think the sides play similar styles. Both sides use formulaic football, yes, but Moyes has only one tactical plan, and it involves high balls into the box and heading the ball into the net.

sportingintelligence ‏@sportingintel 7m

#mufc sources say successor announcement "soon", and "he'll be cut from same cloth as Ferguson and Busby, and believe in youth development"

Not Mourinho then lol

qindarka

Banned
sportingintelligence ‏@sportingintel 8m
#mufc sources say successor announcement "soon", and "he'll be cut from same cloth as Ferguson and Busby, and believe in youth development"

Mourinho has put 19 year old Varane in the starting XI and spoke so highly of him just yesterday. Coincidence?

Whereas Moyes still plays 459 year old Phil Neville.

madmackem

mufc sources say successor announcement "soon", and "he'll be cut from same cloth as Ferguson and Busby, and believe in youth development"

Sounds like moyes like.

Empty

I just don't think the sides play similar styles. Both sides use formulaic football, yes, but Moyes has only one tactical plan, and it involves high balls into the box and heading the ball into the net.

Not Mourinho then lol

cut from the same cloth is pretty close to explicit with the scottish connection

Fergie

Banned

Mourinho has put 19 year old Varane in the starting XI and spoke so highly of him just yesterday. Coincidence?

He isn't know for it usually though. Pepe is just a cunt.

Messi

Did you see the fight be had with Madrid about not wanting to use the academy

Bumhead

Banned
There's nothing special about him.

Other than the absolutely incredible job he's done at Everton for the last decade..

I understand this is the Manchester United job and that means certain things but there is some real ignorance regarding David Moyes going around at the moment. Someone earlier in this thread slagging him off because he's never won the title with fucking Everton..

Come on, GAF.

Sounds more like Klopp tbh.

Other than the absolutely incredible job he's done at Everton for the last decade..

I understand this is the Manchester United job and that means certain things but there is some real ignorance regarding David Moyes going around at the moment. Someone earlier in this thread slagging him off because he's never won the title with fucking Everton..

Come on, GAF.

Never won A title, being the appropriate observation.

10 years. There's 0 brilliance about the guy, sorry. Man Utd supporters will have the sucker ditched in 2 years. Rooney hates him, and why the hell would any big time player wanna join Man Utd after Ferguson leaves and a 2 bit manager steps in? It's the worst time to do it.

Tau

Moyes would be a joke at United. The board would be on a hiding to nothing from fans and investors if they appoint Moyes. Not a single title at Everton and one fourth place finish. It's hardly a record worthy of taking on one of the world's most prestigious management positions.

That's because Everton lack the resources in comparison to Man UTD, Moye's has practically pushed Everton to it's maximum once again this season. Moyes is calm, collective and doesn't crack under pressure and would be a perfect fit to continue what Sir Alex Ferguson has left for the predecessor.

qindarka

Banned
Sky isn't that reliable.

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 3m
whatever you do, don't put money on Klopp but put all your savings on Jose. It's nailed on, like a luxury painting to the wall of a billionaire's house.

Wilbur

Banned
It's Moyes, and I'll be alright with it soon. Because he's done a fucking great job at Everton. An FA cup or League cup would have been great but cup football isn't a barometer of quality a lot of the time.

He just isn't Fergie.

Tc91

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_SM 1m
Really hope David Moyes is given a chance at the United job. I think he's the right fit and I'm sure he'd win trophies.

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 1m
I would love David Moyes to be the next manager of Manchester United

Jumping on the Moyes bandwagon.

FUCK SAKE.

raiot

I hope Klopp goes to ManU, not that it's very likely... just to see the Ruhrpott burn! :D
Echte Liebe betrayal Part 2!

Bumhead

Banned
Never won A title, being the appropriate observation.

10 years. There's 0 brilliance about the guy, sorry. Man Utd supporters will have the sucker ditched in 2 years. Rooney hates him, and why the hell would any big time player wanna join Man Utd after Ferguson leaves and a 2 bit manager steps in? It's the worst time to do it.

Its a Catch 22.

He's never won a title because he's never been at a club capable of doing so. So do you give good managers a chance to make that jump or use it as a stick to beat them with.

"0 brilliance about the guy". "2 bit manager". Unbelievable. This thread is really weeding out the FootyGAF chaff at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom