• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

What like fergie did at first? man yoo fans well the young ones are gonna have to be welcomed to the real world of football where things arnt nailed on all the time and they may have to take some rough before the smooth.

You have to be pretty special to win 38 trophies in 26 years.

Does David Moyes strike you as a manager who can replace the greatest of all time? Not for me.

The more I think about it the more and more I'm hating this idea of Moyes being our manager, Mourinho being on the touchline at Chelsea, Mancini/Pellegrini at City, Moyes at United. Doesn't exactly strike fear in to your opponents like Fergie does.

That's always going to be the problem though, no one will ever match up to Fergie and I understand that but it has to be Jose. He's the only man who could handle the pressure of this job.

Linius

BelieveFC disagrees.

Nah man, I can't take this BS. I was gonna leave Ajax with a final CL cup and I was on my way to a perfect league season. Only drawed once and now FIFA is making me forfeit two league games and two CL games. All my statistics ruined and no CL.

LegoArmo

Nah man, I can't take this BS. I was gonna leave Ajax with a final CL cup and I was on my way to a perfect league season. Only drawed once and now FIFA is making me forfeit two league games and two CL games. All my statistics ruined and no CL.

Do you have any youth players you can sign? You shoudn't have let your squad get that small really.

madmackem

You have to be pretty special to win 38 trophies in 26 years.

Does David Moyes strike you as a manager who can replace the greatest of all time? Not for me.

No one can not even jose, but moyes has all the boxes ticked that i think man utds board and fergie will look for, jose is a hired gun someone that starts battles and kicks up massive sandstorms that doesnt strike me as someone man utds board will fancy.

pappe

What like fergie did at first? man yoo fans well the young ones are gonna have to be welcomed to the real world of football where things arnt nailed on all the time and they may have to take some rough before the smooth.

I expect to go through a rough time but signing some1 like Mou or other big name, the chances of going through a rough time immediately will be quite less. If we do go through a rough time immediately even after signing a big name , well you cant do anything abt that. But the least I would like UTD to do is sign someone who puts us at the least risk of going through a rough time.

Tau

The more i think of it the more it points to moyes, he wouldnt want to boot out the backroom staff etc hed want to keep the core of it all there, would jose do that im not so sure. Hes tailor made for the role.

I'm sure Moyes would do a great job. Plus, Fergie will still be around the club to offer guidance.

People who talk sense, Moye's wouldn't jeopordise what Ferguson has left. Moye's will respect the club and will adopt into the philosophy. He's a good manager that can potentially become a great manager given the resources at Man UTD.

Linius

Do you have any youth players you can sign? You shoudn't have let your squad get that small really.

I don't think I have any youth players left to sign, I signed three at the beginning of the season.

And I never knew you can't play a game with just a player less on the bench when you don't have any more players to use. When this would happen to a real club the football association wouldn't force you to forfeit. It's crap. Sort this out EA.

raiot

Klopp already betrayed his true love when he left Mainz, so him leaving Dortmund - while surprising - wouldn't really be a betrayal. It wasn't a betrayal with Götze as well.

I know, this was just to make fun of the unreal expectations of some of the BVB fans.
Just because they setup themselves as the big likeable club in germany (which is not that hard...) most of them forget that it is still a company.

Blablurn

Rooney to Bayern confirmed.

ib1bRk9dQBc2fs.gif

Bumhead

Banned
I expect to go through a rough time but signing some1 like Mou or other big name, the chances of going through a rough time immediately will be quite less. If we do go through a rough time immediately even after signing a big name , well you cant do anything abt that. But the least I would like UTD to do is sign someone who puts us at the least risk of going through a rough time.

There are no guarantees of this either way. Its not like everything went Mourinho's way at Madrid, and the continuity factor of Moyes might be a safer bet anyway.

You just dont know. Nobody does.

Messi

I was six months old when Sir Alex took over. Absolute legend. It will take something special to top his achievements. He is a massive part of why I got into football.

duckroll

I bet Mourinho was just trolling everyone with the Chelsea shit all along! He's taking over Man U, and he has known about this for months! Believe!

Empty

cheeky outside chance. on football weekly recently auclair there was rumblings about heynckes taking over the national team, with loew moving on. he's more about youth than moyes and most importantly he can rock a cardigan

K1LLER7

Jut heard the news :'(

Going to be weird seeing another manager at United. Sad that its the end of an era, hands down the greatest manager of all time.

But I'm excited to see how we do from here. Will there be a change in the style of play at United? Mou or Moyes? Which players will now come in/go?

It's going to be an interesting couple of months.

dc89

Pretty surprised @mcfc haven't acknowledged SAF announcing his retirement. :/

It seems they're more arsed about new stadium wifi and a Edin Dzeko wallpaper now available for download.

Bad PR man. I'll be having words.

Linius

It's funny how most United fans my age (and even sligthly older ones) are experiencing a manager change for the first time in their football life. I've seen so many come and go over the years :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Confuziz will be either proven right or wrong next season.

I bet Mourinho was
just trolling everyone with the Chelsea shit all along! He's taking over Man U, and he has known about this for months! Believe!
WHAT! You support Man United?

confuziz

Banned
Confuziz will be either proven right or wrong next season.

WHAT! You support Man United?

I was just thinking about this.

If they become champions next time, is it because they have a new (good) manager, or is it because they don't matter?

I can never be right about this.

Sloane

Banned
I know, this was just to make fun of the unreal expectations of some of the BVB fans.
Just because they setup themselves as the big likeable club in germany (which is not that hard...) most of them forget that it is still a company.
Not quite true, club and company are two separate entities.

Wilbur

Banned
My favourite FergieXI? Van der Sar; Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Irwin; Ronaldo, Scholes, Keane, Giggs; van Nistelrooy, Yorke

7: Wilbury has cried 7 times in relation to football including today, following incidents in 02, 04, 06, 08, 09 and 12. Pussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom