• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

Hm, if it was Moyes, wouldn't they just have waited for his contact to be up instead of negotiating a termination?

depends. if he's out so soon the compensation will be so little it's more useful to pay that to confirm him now, than suffer from the share price drop that weeks of uncertainty will bring.

defel

I think they should take a punt and go for Mou. Give him 2-3 years at United, see how much he can win and then after that once the Fergie legacy is less intimidating appoint a long-term, stable replacement.

Who knows maybe Mou wants to take a position on for the long term. If he wanted to do that and stop jumping ship every few years to a different club and country then this is the perfect opportunity for him.

Still Id put my money on Moyes. I want to see British managers given chances at the top clubs - something that hasnt happened too much in the last few years.

confuziz

Banned
It's not Moyes.

It's Pardew.

JdRlyIi.gif

confuziz

Banned
Ruud van Nistelrooy ‏@RvN1776 5m

2001-2006, 219 games,150 goals under the most successful manager in football history. It was a unique privilege. #SAF

BJvMNI9CIAEoreu.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
The Sun said:
EVERTON insist Manchester United have NOT made an approach for manager David Moyes.

With Alex Ferguson announcing he will retire at the end of the season, Toffees boss Moyes is rumoured to be in pole position to succeed his fellow Scot.

But Paul Tyrell, the Merseyside club’s director of communications, said: “There has been no approach by Manchester United to Everton regarding manager David Moyes.

“The relationship is such between both clubs that any contact would be made officially through the club.
“David is still under contract at Everton and so any approach would be official.”

Told you guys. It's Blanc.

confuziz

Banned
United fans, don't worry. Whoever the manager will be, you will still fight for the title every year.

It's that simple. The management is there, the money is there, the youth academy is there.

Wes

venison crêpe
No wonder United signed all those sponsorship deals earlier in the season. Locking up those contracts early.

Feorax

Good point made above. If Moyes goes, almost certainly Baines goes too.

Been rumours about Fellaini to Chelsea for a while as well. Could be a massive job for whoever comes in to Everton next.

Wilbur

Banned
I keep reading the headlines and it doesn't feel real yet. I think I'll be a fucking wreck when he's really gone.

At least he'll be a director now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom