• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Fergie is the greatest manager of all time an and whoever replaces him will have a hell of a job trying to live up to the standards Fergie set.

But he's leaving behind a squad full of young, talented players who will only get better. Of course, whoever takes over will have to contend with finding suitable replacements for Rio, Vidic, Giggs, Scholes and Fletcher. But United are in a better position financially so the new manager will have enough to spend.

Fergie is leaving behind an enormous legacy.

Imagine if they tried to get Rodgers

57PtD5o.jpg

Feorax

Fergie is the greatest manager of all time an and whoever replaces him will have a hell of a job trying to live up to the standards Fergie set.

But he's leaving behind a squad full of young, talented players who will only get better. Of course, whoever takes over will have to contend with finding suitable replacements for Rio, Vidic, Giggs, Scholes and Fletcher. But United are in a better position financially so the new manager will have enough to spend.

Fergie is leaving behind an enormous legacy.

What do you think the odds are of Giggs/ Scholes retiring with Fergie this summer?

Clegg

What do you think the odds are of Giggs/ Scholes retiring with Fergie this summer?

Giggs signed a one year extension last month. He could always just decide to call it a day but it looks like he's staying for one more year.

I think Scholes is definitely retiring at the end of the season.

New juve kit soooon #pogtrayer

Fuck off milan

People are saying that Puyol is going to Milan since there won't be room next season :lol Bullshit.

Galliani: "As far as I know, Puyol doesn't have the slightest intention of leaving Barça. He's a good friend of Milan and he likes us, but veterans are not a part of our plans for now. I can assure you all that there is no truth in the rumors about Puyol and Milan. Our plan is to count on young players. This is our philosophy for next season and for the future in general."

It's basically impossible to see him with our shirt, he won't leave Barça and we won't try to sign him, even if he's a Milan supporter.

I have to wonder how that team will preform next seasom without SAF. He's turned a good team, nothing more, into a team that totally dominated the PL this season.

I'm not sure another manager could do that.

The players, especially the young ones, will miss him greatly. I bet it shows.

Fady K

David Gill - the new manager will have to have experience in both ENGLAND AND EUROPE.

Who else but Mourinho? No way Moyes fits this criterion.

Tc91

Some guy on TalkSPORT before was saying that Fergie has been nudged towards the exit door.

Crazy crazy thing to say.

FootballFan

Galliani: "As far as I know, Puyol doesn't have the slightest intention of leaving Barça. He's a good friend of Milan and he likes us, but veterans are not a part of our plans for now. I can assure you all that there is no truth in the rumors about Puyol and Milan. Our plan is to count on young players. This is our philosophy for next season and for the future in general."

It's basically impossible to see him with our shirt, he won't leave Barça and we won't try to sign him, even if he's a Milan supporter.

I always thought it was odd how much he praises Milan lol. Every season. I mentioned it earlier in the year too. PUYOL STAHP.

qindarka

Banned
I'll stop trolling for a minute and say that the European part probably was a reference to Everton's failed UEFA Cup campaigns and it was only mentioned to make the appointment seem more impressive.

bjaelke

How about some caretaker (Meulensteen?) for the next season and then you get Woy Hodgson after WC 2014? Sounds like a solid rumour to me.

Empty

He'll play him left, like Pienaar, similar players, I think.

formation time!

rvp

rooney or fellaini

kagawa - carrick - jones - zaha/young/valencia

baines - rio - evans - rafael

de god

kagawa like pineear like you say with baines providing width, carrick as the arteta substitute, jones as a mixture of gravesen style enforcer and phil neville plodder, selection of wingers instead of mirallas. either rooney instead of osman or go more physical by signing fellaini. rvp as the striker moyes has always wanted

PaulLFC

Everton correspondent for the Liverpool Echo:

Greg O'Keeffe ‏@GregOK 14m
Increasingly hearing that David Moyes WILL leave #EFC to succeed Alex Ferguson at #MUFC in the summer

K1LLER7

Solskjaer on Norwegian TV2 : "I think I know who they'll hire." Reporter : "who?" Solskjaer " I won't tell you."

Solskjaer pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom