• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

i didn't realize monaco were a new oil club

Yeah, they tried to swipe away Mancini last summer but it didn't pan out. It's still a possibility (I'm kinda hopeful tbh). They will definitely be one to reckon with going forward.

They've been linked with Nasri during the season as well as possibly Tevez. Their primary big buy last season was a youngster from Argentina named Lucas Ocampos. FM wonderkid who started for River Plate at age 16.

Lightning

Banned
If we end up paying 30M for him I'll go fucking mental.
Mental with joy I bet. But Llorente, Ibra and Jovetic you guys are getting greedy!

#bitter!

welcome back—how was your self-imposed exile?
Very good. Also good that Spurs didnt win yesterday now hopefully they can draw again away to Stoke and we beat Wigan = guaranteed CL spot!

Perhaps Villa or an outgoing Moyes can do us a favor as well and we can snatch 3rd.

Lunchbox is or was quite the character.
KuGsj.gif

Meier

This is awesome. They're going to show the UCL final on the video board at Yankees Stadium before the Man City-Chelsea friendly.
The Yankees said Thursday they will show the Champions League final between Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund on the 59-by-101-foot video board at Yankee Stadium before Chelsea's postseason exhibition against Manchester City at the Bronx ballpark on May 25.

The Champions League final, played at London's Wembley Stadium, starts at 2:45 p.m. EDT, and the Chelsea-Man City exhibition kicks off at 5:30 p.m. Yankee Stadium's gates open at 2 p.m.
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...final-shown-yankee-stadium-videoboard?cc=5901

Wish I could go to one of the two friendlies! I hope they do something in Texas next year.. come to Jerryworld!

sixghost

Any Evertonian fans on Gaff? What do ye think of his appointment

It all depends on who Moyes' replacement is. If it's someone like Laudrup, the club might even be better off. If it's someone like Mark Hughes, Neil Lennon, Phil Neville, or anyone else on the Premiership managerial carrousel, bad things are on the horizon.

Or did you mean for United? Who knows, Moyes has always struggled in the big games, tends to ruin his strikers after a year or so, sticks with players way too long, and has never been the most flexible in terms of tactics during matches. But he's never really been challenged by the expectations to go win the league. He might get some balls and grow into the role.

Tc91

Do away goals count in the play offs? I asked before but the question went unanswered. Id say the result so far favours Leicester if they do.

Nope they don't.

Looking forward to seeing Zaha play tomorrow. Bet he's absolutely gutted he won't be working under Frogson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom