• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
WTF is happening?

DeLorean_Arrival.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Why has this movie been cast like it's the 1990's Wilbur?

George Clooney got that pull as both actor and director which means Cuaron gets the money to make films like this. Robert Downey Jr was attached first I think.

Bullock... I haven't a clue, maybe off the back of the Oscar win and her being the same age as Clooney. Natalie Portman had it first.

Wilbur

Banned
Not many exciting things you can do in the abyss of space.

Looks great
Good actors
Great visionary director
Interesting concept

=

Much better than

"there's lots of exciting things you can do with robots that turn into cars but ultimately bore the absolute erections off everyone in three hours"

GolazoDan

Moyes doesn't appeal to the fans in America or the Far East.

Said a cockney red on the radio, obv. I'm not saying that all cockney reds say these things. I'm saying only cockney reds say those things.

Dave + Shinji = the new Park + Evra (fuck that third guy)

Looks great
Good actors
Great visionary director
Interesting concept

=

Much better than

"there's lots of exciting things you can do with robots that turn into cars but ultimately bore the absolute erections off everyone in three hours"
Hey bro I'm excited, but also sceptical. We basically know fuck all what they're going to do or what the film is about. The trailer looks to be something out of the first fifteen minutes.

Clegg

Whenever you see pics of United players of a night out, RVP and Buttner are always together. Welbeck does karaoke and starts singing United songs. Rio just floats around and Carrick looks awkward as fuck in casual clothes.

GolazoDan

Buttner almost definitely has sleepovers at RVP's house, whether RVP is aware of this or not. He's basically a cult hero already. Should've seen him warming up during the Chelsea game. Every time something happened to RVP he'd react like an identical twin. Robin hurts, Alex hurts, :(

Wes

venison crêpe
I imagine Buttner to be the kind of person who steals napkins from restaurants and stores them in his pants draw just in case one day he has to tie them all together and make his escape out the window.

I thought de Git was dating a Spanish blonde? Are those two doing swapsies?

Yeah he's still with her.

Whenever you see pics of United players of a night out, RVP and Buttner are always together.

Buttner and Shinji are really close. I see Buttner with Shinji more than I see RVP and Buttner.

Official United broships:
Valencia and Pea
De Gea and Pea
De Gea and Shinji
Shinji and Buttner
Buttner and RVP
Rafael and Fabio

Eternal GOAT:
Park and Evra

Clegg

Btw has anyone else seen the video on YouTube of United's players celebrating after winning the league? They went out to a bar and the place looked empty. Welbeck sang the Anderson song. I started feeling a bit embarrassed when he got to the part about shitting on Fabregas.

Mou was loved at Porto by fans, players and President. Mou was loved at Chelsea by fans, players and President until said President decided he knew what the team needed better than Mou. Mou was loved at Inter by fans, players and President.

Real Madrid was a cluster fuck, yes. Are we gonna forget the clashes between Ferguson and the fans? Ferguson and journos? Ferguson and refs? Really?

Let's not get into revisionist bullshit, now that brainwashing has come into play to somehow justify that a manager who hasn't done shit (in the great scheme of things) is the right man for the job. The reason why he's the right man for the job will certainly allow for plenty of variation in the arguments.

I agree that there's a tradition at Man UTD, long managerial stays and Moyes in that regard does represent a good bet. At the same time it has happened before that Man UTd sacked the manager 1 or 2 years after he took over.

And although Man UTD has an history with Scottish managers, it would serve to remind fans that only 2 out of 6 apparently brought actual success to the club, with a couple of them bringing relegation no less.

Trying to strike lightning twice in a row seems like a losing proposition, and Man UTD is at a level where they need to keep playing for top silverware.

Imo, this should've been an easy decision. Get a manager that can bring it at all levels now. Had it not worked, go with tradition.

10 years, nothing to show for it. Stability? Sure, but we're talking about Man UTD. It takes more than stability.

Wilbur

Banned
I imagine Buttner to be the kind of person who steals napkins from restaurants and stores them in his pants draw just in case one day he has to tie them all together and make his escape out the window.

/dead

I reckon he's had a few pencils up his nose

GolazoDan

RVP and Alex Buttner wear Bug Bunny pyjamas together. I've seen the photos. Pretty hot stuff.

Anderson/everyone is a broship. He can never be sold because he is so beloved. I don't think he speaks English.

Suen

When? What happaned?

Look, as fucking shite a name as Schweini is, lets not pretend its even close to the worst name in this thread. There is some fucking usernames of FootyGaffers so bad I would rather drink a gallon of Michael Essien's semen than have as my online nomenclature:

These include:

no fun allowed, FeD.nL, 90TilInfinity, Jason Raize '75 - '04 UGH UGH UGH UGH, AndresCUNT777, Andrefpvs, L1NETT, GQman2121, PrematureQuiche (you fucking banned pussy malevolent), xbhaskarx, ATF487, everthustodeadbeats, Ashes1396, LabouredSubterfuge LOL LOL LOL SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT NAME YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT ANDY CARROLL HORSE, DerZuhälter, WAR recon zero, Gareth Bale (just shit)

Good ones include:

Jabo, Arjen, Linius, Anderson, Dibbz, Lightning, Plasma, bud, Wes, Fady K, elsk (rip), Fintan, Kenka, Koko, Charles, Smeghead, Yurt, Pulga, Arnie, Manager, Meier, tolkir, Slizz, Salazar, Requiem, Stubo, me myself and I, Joe, immy, Raptor, Bumhead, Scum

It's very simple. Just have a name I can say out loud in real life without a) talking for 11 minutes and b) being a staccato William Shatner cunt fuck when you have eleven underscores.

Like how? How the fuck do I say FeD.nL out loud? Feddddotenell? It's as fucking tiring on my tongue as licking out Clare Balding would be.

We're not mentioned there because we're that good.

Clegg

RVP and Alex Buttner wear Bug Bunny pyjamas together. I've seen the photos. Pretty hot stuff.

Anderson/everyone is a broship. He can never be sold because he is so beloved. I don't think he speaks English.
I'm sure I've heard him speak a few words. I don't think he knew what he was saying but it was definitely English he was talking.

GolazoDan

And although Man UTD has an history with Scottish managers, it would serve to remind fans that only 2 out of 6 apparently brought actually success to the club, with a couple of them bringing relegation no less.
Tommy Docherty was a good manager for what he was. Was he Fergie or Busby? Of course not. The only Scottish managers pre-Moyes post-Busby were Fergie and the Doc so you're going waaaaaaay back in the day for the others. Stats and comparisons are kinda pointless. The Doc did see us relegated (we were buggered when he took over and the squad was old) but he also got us back at the first attempt, finished third the following season and won an FA Cup. Probs would have continued had he not had a sexy encounter with a physio's wife.

Clegg

Fergie wrote an autobiography in 1999. I hope we get a second one detailing the last 13 years of his career.

And I'd hope it would completely candid. I'd love to know his views on football as a whole and what he really thought of some of the players he'd managed.

That there is Jose's problem.

Dirty laundry out in public - did it at Chelsea at times too.

I agree with Can though, there is definitely an argument that a club like United should be seeking out the top level of proven talent. United are betting on principles with this appointment. It's a risk.

Suen

Jesus it's just shameful...

Not a good time for Real and Man Utd managerial wise.

The result when players have too much influence and feel they are untouchable along with an equally ignorant media and fan base (a good chunk of it at least). Bunch of cunts and as a fan myself it's embarrassing but then it was pretty clear something like this was coming since the beginning of this season.

Tommy Docherty was a good manager for what he was. Was he Fergie or Busby? Of course not. The only Scottish managers pre-Moyes post-Busby were Fergie and the Doc so you're going waaaaaaay back in the day for the others. Stats and comparisons are kinda pointless. The Doc did see us relegated (we were buggered when he took over and the squad was old) but he also got us back at the first attempt, finished third the following season and won an FA Cup. Probs would have continued had he not had a sexy encounter with a physio's wife.

History is what it is, and if history is used to exemplify why Moyes is the right choice then history should also be used to exemplify why he isn't.

Without history, nobody can make a compelling argument for 10 years with 0 titles.

GolazoDan

I would fear what Mourinho would do at a club like United, following on from Fergie, if it all started to go tits up. He'd kill half the reserve team and loan the rest out to QPR (arguably worse). I do not trust that man's madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom