• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

NQVevsa.jpg

I like it.

compared to the old shirt it looks more retro

V13554_Adidas_Bayern_Munich_Home_Jersey_2011_zm.jpg

let's see if we find more success in this shirt

Lightning

Banned
So was it all just dream or did Moyes really go?
Are you really happy that Moyes has gone? If I was an Everton fan I would be very nervous right about now. You can say that Moyes has taken the club has far as he can but that's not true, Moyes has taken the club as far as their resources will allow is more accurate for me, but it definitely remains to be seen whether a replacement can be as good or successful as Moyes. I think doing a better job than Moyes is not realistic unless Everton change the way they are run.

I really like Moyes. I hope Martinez joins Everton. Young manager and deserves a chance but he's a gamble really.

Ronaldo is refusing to open up contract negotiations with Real Madrid.

Believe.

Supposedly some United ITK who has gotten the RVP, Ravel, etc... stories right said it isn't happening. Wasn't much of a gamble to say that. Everybody knows he isn't coming back. :lol

I can't stop laughing at this Evil Kagawa tweet.

"Kagawa best creative play-a-maker in league. Yet only thing I create today is kind message to Fergson on coat!"

A-O5i2PCYAAS2I_.jpg

Lightning

Banned
I really want us to secure CL football so we can hopefully wrap up the Jovetic deal. Surely Fiorentina would rather sell to us then to Juventus? I really want Jovetic to sign for us. Fuck Juve with their interest.

justjohn

And from the sounds of it, wherever Jose goes, Ronaldo will not be following.

Thank fuck we did not appoint the "Special One".
United fans back to slagging off mourinho again. First you thought you'd be getting either mourinho or klopp but instead got moyes. Now Ronaldo is supposedly on the verge of coming back. The delusion never ends does it.

Linius

Dat terrible animation and ball physics.

I think one of the big improvements in the new PES is supposed to be a revamped animation system ala the Euphoria engine, realistically displaying players shuffling their feet to line up properly for the shooting animation, rather than the dreadful shite shown in that gif. We'll see if it pans out, either way it'll be a feature in a shitty game.

edit: Where the fuck is everyone? And why does Gaf love Ryan Gosling so much?

But you know this is the close up replay angle right? When playing the game you don't even notice how his feets move on the field. I'm sure they can do a better job on certain stuff, but I don't think it's as bad as you say.

Oh and Juve Gaf, I just read you guys are after Nacer Chadli over at FC Twente. Any word about that in the Italian press? Sorry if dc'ing :p

Lightning

Banned
We've only been linked with Ashley fucking Williams so far. How boring.

I hope we get our shit sorted early this year.
Big links with Christian Eriksen as well who is a very good player and available.

Well, it beats playing for Palace.

Or Arsenal, even if he is a fan.
We have Chamberlain. No interest or need in Zaha, waste of money we can spend elsewhere. I thank United for preventing Wenger from making a mistake.

Salazar

United fans back to slagging off mourinho again. First you thought you'd be getting either mourinho or klopp but instead got moyes. Now Ronaldo is supposedly on the verge of coming back. The delusion never ends does it.

You are the shittest confuziz alt yet

Kenka

A Zambian newspaper has written an article yesterday that pretty much matches my thoughts about the whole Bundesliga/European domination thing waved left and right these days.

And yet. What looks from afar like chest-puffing and backslapping all around would be better described as "mixed feelings". And what is sometimes called national euphoria does in fact have strong undercurrents of divisiveness. In brief, it's a lot more complicated than it seems. As it always is.

Linius

BVB seems to be a more likely destination for him in fairness. I really like him though :(

BVB was also just rumours. They just link Eriksen with every big club these days. I still think it's silly for a 21-year old talented player who is far from his top (haven't played a consistantly good season for Ajax yet) is leaving. If he just signs another three year contract (till 2017) then he could leave in the summer of 2015 or 2016. Would be much better for him. I could see him end up on the bench at some big club in his current state.

luso

People, in a national championship what serves better to untie teams?
Head to head? Goal difference?

Results/goals between tied teams is a easy one, hardly those teams are still tied after that. But we are speaking about a championship with many other teams, should 2 games be enough to untie? If we are talking about goal difference, at least that counts all games with all teams of the championship...

Lightning

Banned
BVB was also just rumours. They just link Eriksen with every big club these days. I still think it's silly for a 21-year old talented player who is far from his top (haven't played a consistantly good season for Ajax yet) is leaving. If he just signs another three year contract (till 2017) then he could leave in the summer of 2015 or 2016. Would be much better for him. I could see him end up on the bench at some big club in his current state.
Why the need to do that at Ajax when he could develop at Dortmund as well? Their record with youth is rather impressive and he could do very well there.

Liverpool would be a poor choice from him imo but I doubt he'll end up there despite Liverpool's interest in him.

Salazar

And "the other team"? Come the fuck on.

wjG9KcJ.gif

Bla is at battle stations. Can't be talked down.

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 1m
Rooney prepared to reconsider #MUFC future under Moyes, providing new manager wants him

lol

"it is understood"; "it is believed"; "There is also a belief in the dressing room"

Do one, Ducker, you fucking chancer spunkbubble.

Wilbur

Banned

Results/goals between tied teams is a easy one, hardly those teams are still tied after that. But we are speaking about a championship with many other teams, should 2 games be enough to untie? If we are talking about goal difference, at least that counts all games with all teams of the championship...

Playoff would be best

Linius

Why the need to do that at Ajax when he could develop at Dortmund as well? Their record with youth is rather impressive and he could do very well there.

Liverpool would be a poor choice from him imo but I doubt he'll end up there despite Liverpool's interest in him.

If all of Dortmund's best players leave I'd say yes. Otherwise he would be benched there as well. And since we play CL football again I really don't see a reason for him to leave so soon.

bjaelke

Dortmund is the only club he has openly praised and showed an interest in. It used to be Barcelona but he probably saw the CL semis.

Fiorentina is complaining about the fact that they're going to play before us on Sunday, so we'll know their result before we even get to San Siro. Meh.
@OptaPaolo said:
0.67 – Milan have conceded only 0.67 goals per game with Zapata playing, and 1.6 goals per game without him in this Serie A. Lynchpin.

:eek:

:O

I never noticed that, I guess he has been better than I thought.

Today's Kicker says:
- at least 4 new players, a CB, a RB/LB, a CAM and a FW.
- favourite for the CB is Fallou Diagne because Freiburg won't sell Ginter
- Leverkusen with better chances for de Bruyne because Chelsea doesn't want to sell
- Eriksen is called a very good player by Zorc

That honestly sounds like shit, I hope Kicker is just speculating. If it's Götze/Santana/Lewandowski out and Diagne, Eriksen, Son, some random RB/LB in, Zorc, Klopp and Watzke have done a fucking horrible job.

If all of Dortmund's best players leave I'd say yes. Otherwise he would be benched there as well. And since we play CL football again I really don't see a reason for him to leave so soon.
We have no true CAM anymore. He would get a lot of play time as the only other options would be Gündogan or Leitner (if he's still here).

Salazar

lol at Northern Echo column

Let's not forget Fergie's faults

Oh, they consist of not being nice to Kevin Keegan and Rafa Benitez. And making fun of Newcastle.

And he didn't respect journalists.

And one time Roy Keane got angry at a referee.

You poxy little goblin fuck. Remember or forget what you like.

rvy

Banned

Goal difference, I think.

Linius

Today's Kicker says:
- at least 4 new players, a CB, a RB/LB, a CAM and a FW.
- favourite for the CB is Fallou Diagne because Freiburg won't sell Ginter
- Leverkusen with better chances for de Bruyne because Chelsea doesn't want to sell
- Eriksen is called a very good player by Zorc

That honestly sounds like shit, I hope Kicker is just speculating. If it's Götze/Santana/Lewandowski out and Diagne, Eriksen, Son, some random RB/LB in, Zorc, Klopp and Watzke have done a fucking horrible job.

We have no true CAM anymore. He would get a lot of play time as the only other options would be Gündogan or Leitner (if he's still here).

I'll just wait and see where he goes. If he could play there indeed Dortmund would be a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom