• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

My feelings regarding the word "cunt" and other curse words:

It's fine if you're calling Wayne Rooney a cunt for not showing any loyalty to your club even though he's been there for a long time and has helped you win titles but when you're using it to direct attacks, even if it's in jest, towards other members here then you're on a slippery slope.

I'm not in favour of censorship but sometimes the thread is unreadable because sentences consist of nothing but cursing. "Cunt" is overused especially.

Carbonox was banned and rightfully so. You don't tell anyone here they are a "hemorrhoid cunt nugget on society" for spending money on their hobby, gaming, which is what this forum is, a gaming forum. Say that in any other thread and the outcome would be no different.

edit: Carbonox will be back on the 19th.

DBT85

Everton pre match press conference will be in about an hour, press have been told no questions about United, but they can ask about Moyes leaving Everton. No surprises there.

My feelings regarding the word "cunt" and other curse words:

It's fine if you're calling Wayne Rooney a cunt for not showing any loyalty to your club even though he's been there for a long time and has helped you win titles but when you're using it to direct attacks, even if it's in jest, towards other members here then you're on a slippery slope.

I'm not in favour of censorship but sometimes the thread is unreadable because sentences consist of nothing but cursing. "Cunt" is overused especially.

Carbonox was banned and rightfully so. You don't tell anyone here they are a "hemorrhoid cunt nugget on society" for spending money on their hobby, gaming, which is what this forum is, a gaming forum. Say that in any other thread and the outcome would be no different.

edit: Carbonox will be back on the 19th.
Snitch

kuntz.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So basically we get banned for calling Koofoo a cunt around here? Carbo is his third victim.

SOMEONE IS PROTECTING HIM

Kyoufu

Get banned, cunt

that ones for you Kyoufu you haemorrhoid ridden heathen of modern video gaming

Reported.

So basically we get banned for calling Koofoo a cunt around here? Carbo is his third victim.

SOMEONE IS PROTECTING HIM

I did express my concern for what Carbonox said to a mod but I did not ask for him to be banned. Only that cursing here, directed at fellow members in particular, is getting out of line. No idea who else you're talking about in terms of victims though.

We need to bring back JT.

Bo-Locks

Everton pre match press conference will be in about an hour, press have been told no questions about United, but they can ask about Moyes leaving Everton. No surprises there.

44950-Dis-gon-b-gud--this-is-gonna-b-28wH.gif

He should get his Man Utd career off to a good start and threaten to ban any reporters from Carrington
Aon Complex
for asking questions about Manchester United.

Salazar

He should get his Man Utd career off to a good start and threaten to ban any reporters from Old Trafford for asking questions about Manchester United.

For starters

Holt
Samuel
Smith
Roan
Lawton
Cass
All the Guardian spunkbubbles
Hayward
Honigstein
Fucking Ballague
Delaney
All those fucking twats from The Northern Echo
Shreeves
Ducker

Only way Ronaldo signs for Man Utd is if he keeps image rights.

That's why he's not gonna open contract negotiations with Madrid, or leave before his contract ends.

Messi

Reported.

I did express my concern for what Carbonox said to a mod but I did not ask for him to be banned. Only that cursing here, directed at fellow members in particular, is getting out of line. No idea who else you're talking about in terms of victims though.

Seriously? Hmm need to change how I speak when you are around

if they both mean the same thing, and then you're called JT wouldn't you be as equally offended? Do you just not like the word itself?

Kyoufu

If it's me being oversensitive in this community then I think it's best that I just don't participate.

if they both mean the same thing, and then you're called JT wouldn't you be as equally offended? Do you just not like the word itself?

Nah I don't actually think we need to censor the C word and use JT instead. I think it'd be better if sentences didn't consist of it all the time. Just personal opinion and I'm sure I'm in the absolute minority (alone) so I'm fine with not participating outside of match days, if at all.

DBT85

44950-Dis-gon-b-gud--this-is-gonna-b-28wH.gif

He should get his Man Utd career off to a good start and threaten to ban any reporters from Carrington
Aon Complex
for asking questions about Manchester United.

As far as I am aware it was Everton Press Office that said no United questions, not Moyes.

EDIT: and cunt is a gorgeous word.

What the fuck. I thought we got over Cunt Gate.

Some people can't take a fucking joke.

United bros, Messi, etc... call me a cunt right now. See how offended I get. Pro tip: I won't because we're all bros here. Or so I thought.

Salazar

Sam Matterface ‏@sammatterface 7m
@danroan if he doesn't want to talk about it - he shouldn't do the press conference. It will just look all rather silly.

Fuck.

There must be some institutionalised tunnel through space-time whereby these fucking droolbucket twats bypass all forms of mass education and get deposited, sausage butty in hand and dumb grin on face, into a swivel chair at a newspaper HQ.

And they wonder why SAF thought they were bellends and treated them accordingly.

Yeah, Moyes should refuse to do Everton press conferences because he doesn't want to spend them talking about MUFC. That would definitely be the "not silly" option.

Zabojnik

I really want us to secure CL football so we can hopefully wrap up the Jovetic deal. Surely Fiorentina would rather sell to us then to Juventus? I really want Jovetic to sign for us. Fuck Juve with their interest.

Transfer muppetery is fun isn't it? I could renew my Juve hate. I'm getting all my anti Pirlo posts ready for when they shatter our transfer plans!

Can't believe they'd deal with Juventus!

I'm not sure if they'll deal anytime soon with Juve, the Berbatov story was pretty shameful past summer and they'll remember it. I can't see Jovetic going to Juve this year to be honest. Maybe next year, but I don't think he'll be in Firenze anymore.

*youfuckingcunts.gif*

The legendary Juve no. 10 jersery is waiting for him. It's up to him. If he really doesn't want to leave Italy, as he said, then nothing can hold him at Fiorentina. Not even our blood feud with the Viola. That's pretty much the only thing we have going for ourselves as far as Jovetic's transfer is concerned though. If he's open to other options ... he'll go elsewhere.

Official

BJ5ne67CMAALHgm.jpg:large

SO HOT

Love it, getting a nice retro feeling. Should look amazing on Marchisio. Then again, everything does. The back ... Bah, why change it. This year's solution is the best one, imo.

paul-pogba-juventus.jpg

While I do agree there's some overly soft cunts in here, the solution to not getting banned by using the word cunt is simply not to use it against other members, at least not users you're not sure if are alright with it, I will call Wilbury a cunt any day cause :

1. He is one.
2. He can take it.
3. I'm jerking it to his mom so even if I get banned for doing it, I win.

Wilbur

Banned
While I do agree there's some overly soft cunts in here, the solution to not getting banned by using the word cunt is simply not to use it against other members, at least not users you're not sure if are alright with it, I will call Wilbury a cunt any day cause :

1. He is one.
2. He can take it.
3. I'm jerking it to his mom so even if I get banned for doing it, I win.

Best post, BjaelkeCunt

Kyoufu

This isn't just about "cunt". It's about cursing in general. Football GAF gets away with murder sometimes.

I realise I'm being oversensitive here, but telling someone they are a "hemorrhoid cunt nugget on society" is harsh and uncalled for.

Since I'm being oversensitive, the easy solution to this is just not participating. So this is the last I will speak of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom