• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
ah well. still have CL qualification in our hands; I'd be a bit more worried if Chelsea dropped points tbh. w/o any pressure, everyone thinks they can just turn up against Wigan and they'll just roll over for us and that's when Wigan can really kill us.

Lightning

Banned
We must win tomorrow or we may have to give you guys a game.

I'd be happy with a win tomorrow and a 1-0 defeat on the last day.
No. A draw will do. You have 38, Wigan have 35. You get 1 point and we ensure Wigan get none and you cannot be relegated

ah well. still have CL qualification in our hands; I'd be a bit more worried if Chelsea dropped points tbh. w/o any pressure, everyone thinks they can just turn up against Wigan and they'll just roll over for us and that's when Wigan can really kill us.
The Stoke game for Spurs tomorrow is huge for both them and us now. Everton can still draw with Chelsea though.

Anderson

Surely losing to them last year should be in their heads? Wigan can turn it on

Suen

Not really. They lack the genuine ability in and around the box without him, but they've played well.
I wasn't really having much hope that Villa would win but seeing they had scored one I had hope...and even moreso after the red card Ramires got. But when Benteke received his red card their strength up front was pretty much done. So what can you do then? You lack the strength up front and going full defense will never work against a bigger club like Chelsea because they'll keep pushing and sooner or later find that opening somewhere and score. They played well but that Benteke red really killed it for them.

iugkNcqw3iFvO.gif

j8HouWk.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
Urgh I feel so discombobulated. Having to rely on an Arsenal result? I don't know how their fans do it.

Benteke getting sent off was wild by the young lad. I hope beyond hope we don't come to rue that decision.

Lightning

Banned
Surely losing to them last year should be in their heads? Wigan can turn it on
Different circumstances in that game. Wigan were on an amazing run and full of confidence and we had an 8 point cushion. Then the actual match was extraordinary we were down 2 goals early and an Arteta injury. Can't see Wigan getting lucky like that again.

Suen

Just read that Arsenal is on a €22m deal for Higuain. Anyone know if this is just a bunch of shit or if it's true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom