• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mmn0varpX71r7jzw9o2_1280.png

Zabojnik

I hope it's like that. Character driven movies ftw.

That's my primary concern. We just don't know yet what it is all about. I'm sure they'll drag family on earth into this for the drama. You can't fill the entire film with just the space stuff.

Buried was good, and that was just in the coffin the whole time. He could ring people I suppose, but I liked that film.

I'm perfectly fine with character driven movies, sci-fi ones in particular. It's just that after Children of Men ... Dunno, I kinda wish Cuaron's next film would have an even bigger scope. Guess we'll have to wait for Interstellar for that.

Lightning

Banned
the problem is not Wenger (though he certainly doesn't help himself), the problem is the board. Kroenke and co. want to turn a profit, they want self-sustaining business model and dropping out of the CL is just going to make us end up like fucking Liverpool, minus the exorbitant spending on shit players because we won't spend any fucking money to begin with.

through the Wenger era, we have almost certainly the lowest net-spend of any team in the Premiership. the problem isn't the manager, the problem is the fact that we don't spend any fucking money. before, that was fine because we nurtured young talent and had a stadium to pay for, etc. but now w/ the new kit deal, the new TV deal... more money flowing in, so it's even more important to qualify for the CL because we might actually (!!!) spend some money this season.
I'm actually really optimistic we will have a successful summer if we can qualify for the CL. Please Stoke!

Buried was good, and that was just in the coffin the whole time. He could ring people I suppose, but I liked that film.
I'm not saying they couldn't pull it off, but this feels a lot more like a blockbuster film. It has Clooney, Bullock and a 80m budget. Buried only had a budget of 3m.

There has to be more going on for the common folks to visit the theatre if you catch my drift.

Bumhead

Banned
Wait a minute, it's FA Cup final day?

Errm, what the fuck?

I used to love the cup final weekend, not even just the day. Used to be an event. The season closer. Now I don't even know it's on until about an hour before it fucking starts.

Ugh.

Sloane

Banned
I'm not saying they couldn't pull it off, but this feels a lot more like a blockbuster film. It has Clooney, Bullock and a 80m budget. Buried only had a budget of 3m.

There has to be more going on for the common folks to visit the theatre if you catch my drift.
It is entirely set in space, basically a chamber play with only two actors.

jtb

Banned

fuck the common folk. children of men is godly and that bombed too I think.

Do you guys ever watch the trophy celebrations after cup finals if your team has lost?

I don't mean the league cause I assume most people do watch that but when Chelsea lost the Club World Cup I turned the TV off instantly!

Clegg

Wait a minute, it's FA Cup final day?

Errm, what the fuck?

I used to love the cup final weekend, not even just the day. Used to be an event. The season closer. Now I don't even know it's on until about an hour before it fucking starts.

Ugh.
That's because the FA took the final from public TV and sold out to the highest bidder.

They're massive hypocrites. They said they wanted the maximum amount of people to watch the final so they were moving it to 5. But they gave the broadcasting rights to a channel that only has a fraction of the viewers of the BBC.

That's because the FA took the final from public TV and sold out to the highest bidder.

They're massive hypocrites. They said they wanted the maximum amount of people to watch the final so they were moving it to 5. But they gave the broadcasting rights to a channel that only has a fraction of the viewers of the BBC.

You talking about ITV or ESPN?

Arnie

Going to the library to work rather than watching the final.

Can't be arsed watching City demolish Wigan, no matter how you dress it up. Will just gobble up the highlights later.

comic books threads are funny. apparently having bald paul giamatti has a villain is more stupid than having paul giamatti in a fucking rhinoceros suit as a villain.

WJD

Going to the library to work rather than watching the final.

Can't be arsed watching City demolish Wigan, no matter how you dress it up. Will just gobble up the highlights later.

Just got back from my morning library session so I'm watching up until City score before heading back for an evening session and a KFC. EU Law is probably more appealing than the final right now though.

The Chelsea/Man City games after the season are going to be shown free on Chelsea TV. So you can watch it on Sky or sign up for a free account on the Chelsea website and watch the games. Glad I don't have to find a shitty stream for it.

Bumhead

Banned

Yes it is on ITV but otherwise the general gist of your post still applies.

It's quite sad that in a season where the League Cup has had a bit of a revival, the FA Cup continues to be devalued in such a way. All this semi-finals at Wembley and at 5 before the league season finishes.. not for me.

Bumhead

Banned
Also it's 20 years since we lost to Arsenal in the final. We lost both the league cup and FA Cup final to them that year. We were largely equal with Arsenal back then as a club. We've both gone in dramatically different directions since then obviously. A course changing final for us.

Bollocks. That's pissed me off as well. This years final can fuck off.

*grumpy*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom