• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Arsenal without CL for a season would be the best thing to happen to them in a long time. forces changes inside the club which are sorely needed.
I sometimes thought this would be good as well but with Wenger there I don't have much hope.

I really like the guy but when it comes to transfers.....

Fantastic result, so glad we can go to Amsterdam full blooded and not worried about the last game against Everton. Its fucking stupid having major finals before the league has finished.
Congratulations Lampard, what an absolute legend.

also, i'm watching GOAL, the movie.

Messi-like South-American talent gets taken way to play in Newcastle? really? Zidane and Raul acknowledging the existence of Newcastle players at a club?

was this shit written by Kyoufu?

edit: dude's name is almost the same as mine: Santiago Munez - Santana Nunes.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal without CL for a season would be the best thing to happen to them in a long time. forces changes inside the club which are sorely needed.
How is us spending less going to help our club long term? Pretty sure you're just taking the piss.

Because if we fail to make top 4 we won't buy any player over 15k and you will see 2 additions max, most likely just Remy and Cesar with one or two players leaving, probably Sagna and one of our bench players.

I sometimes thought this would be good as well but with Wenger there I don't have much hope.

I really like the guy but when it comes to transfers.....
Don't be fooled. No CL qualification would be a disaster. Think Jovetic, Higuain or any top player wants to join the Europa league? No and Arsenal would be even less likely to spend without CL football.

Suen

isn't juve offering 25m?

wegner still being cheap after the huge kit deal
Yeah something like that. I still think Juve are the ones who are most likely to get him but there's been some news floating around about Arsenal having interest in him. Jovetic please, let Juve have Higuain....hopefully he'll perform better for them. Also Arse-GAF, didn't we have an interest in Zuniga? What happened with that?

Kyoufu

Messi-like South-American talent gets taken way to play in Newcastle? really? Zidane and Raul acknowledging the existence of Newcastle players at a club?

what is this and why have I never heard of it?

Wilbur

Banned
How is us spending less going to help our club long term? Pretty sure you're just taking the piss.

Because if we fail to make top 4 we won't buy any player over 15k and you will see 2 additions max, most likely just Remy and Cesar with one or two players leaving, probably Sagna and one of our bench players.

But you do that anyway

RaGe_pt

Fcporto.jpg

you got a rope around your neck called Wenger.

everything he could for the club he has done already, it's pretty fuckin blatant that Arsenal, with him, peaked years ago and he'll never win anything again.

CL failure should the cataclyst for change, get a bolder manager there.

edit: lol, this movie is bullshit. how do i know it? Newcastle just beat Liverpool with Webb as the ref.

MPW

that's cause he gets signed by real madrid in goal 2

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Eh? They could still overtake Arsenal.

It's up to Newcastle to do us a favour. I can't really see it because Newcastle are so bad at the moment but on the last day, in front of their home fans, they might do something. It will probably be the last time that some of their players wear the Newcastle shirt (Ben Arfa, Colo, etc) so maybe they will try to put on a show.

It will be worse and you know it.

Agreed. No Champions League contributes to a downward spiral if you don't have a sugar-daddy. Looks at us for christ's sake.

And if you didn't get in, Spurs would, allowing them to strengthen over the summer and leaving you further away next year. Its easy to say 'if we failed to get in, we'd have to restructure' but the odds of that happening are pretty low imo. More likely, you'd have a reduced transfer pot in the summer, and nothing else would change other than Spurs getting better. Plus you'd have more games next season with the Europa League, making a top 4 charge and domestic trophies even more unlikely.

Zabojnik

Lightning

Banned
It's up to Newcastle to do us a favour. I can't really see it because Newcastle are so bad at the moment but on the last day, in front of their home fans, they might do something. It will probably be the last time that some of their players wear the Newcastle shirt (Ben Arfa, Colo, etc) so maybe they will try to put on a show.
Depends mostly on tomorrow and your guys game against Stoke. Anything but a win and it will be hard for you's to make top 4, if you's win it will be a very tense 8 days. I'm sure we will get the result against Wigan simply due to their injuries, tiredness, and players not good enough. Newcastle much harder game to predict depending on what Newcastle/Arsenal team turns up.

All down to Stoke for me.

Blablurn

highlight of the game? you can see mika hakinnen on the screen and the german commentator (marcel reif) says: "oh, look, kimi raikonnen is also here in munich"

:D

Is it Clooney/Bullock on the space station for the entire lenght of the movie? That would be kinda disappointing to me. I'm sure Cuaron can make it work, but still.
That's my primary concern. We just don't know yet what it is all about. I'm sure they'll drag family on earth into this for the drama. You can't fill the entire film with just the space stuff.

spidye

I would be mad as hell if I was paying money to see that kind of performance live.
looks like the players just want the Schale and be done with it.

highlight of the game? you can see mika hakinnen on the screen and the german commentator (marcel reif) says: "oh, look, kimi raikonnen is also here in munich"

:D

lol

Wilbur

Banned
That's my primary concern. We just don't know yet what it is all about. I'm sure they'll drag family on earth into this for the drama. You can't fill the entire film with just the space stuff.

Buried was good, and that was just in the coffin the whole time. He could ring people I suppose, but I liked that film.

jtb

Banned
you got a rope around your neck called Wenger.

everything he could for the club he has done already, it's pretty fuckin blatant that Arsenal, with him, peaked years ago and he'll never win anything again.

CL failure should the cataclyst for change, get a bolder manager there.

edit: lol, this movie is bullshit. how do i know it? Newcastle just beat Liverpool with Webb as the ref.

the problem is not Wenger (though he certainly doesn't help himself), the problem is the board. Kroenke and co. want to turn a profit, they want self-sustaining business model and dropping out of the CL is just going to make us end up like fucking Liverpool, minus the exorbitant spending on shit players because we won't spend any fucking money to begin with.

through the Wenger era, we have almost certainly the lowest net-spend of any team in the Premiership. the problem isn't the manager, the problem is the fact that we don't spend any fucking money. before, that was fine because we nurtured young talent and had a stadium to pay for, etc. but now w/ the new kit deal, the new TV deal... more money flowing in, so it's even more important to qualify for the CL because we might actually (!!!) spend some money this season.

the problem is not Wenger (though he certainly doesn't help himself), the problem is the board. Kroenke and co. want to turn a profit, they want self-sustaining business model and dropping out of the CL is just going to make us end up like fucking Liverpool, minus the exorbitant spending on shit players because we won't spend any fucking money to begin with.

through the Wenger era, we have almost certainly the lowest net-spend of any team in the Premiership. the problem isn't the manager, the problem is the fact that we don't spend any fucking money. before, that was fine because we nurtured young talent and had a stadium to pay for, etc. but now w/ the new kit deal, the new TV deal... more money flowing in, so it's even more important to qualify for the CL because we might actually (!!!) spend some money this season.

Oi!

:(

Buried was good, and that was just in the coffin the whole time. He could ring people I suppose, but I liked that film.

buried was great, even though it almost gave me an anxiety attack. gravity has two people instead of one (as in buried) and the setting is far more interesting than the insides of a coffin, so i have zero concerns that it can't be executed correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom