• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dear Chelsea hierarchy,

I'm going to save you a shit tonne of money in the summer:

OUT:

Mikel
Malouda
Ferrerira
Turnbull/Hilario
Marin (?)
Benayoun
Essien
Kakuta

Bring back from loan:

Courtois (If both reserve keepers go)
Chalobah
Bruma
Piazon
McEachran
De Bruyne
Lukaku

Sign:

Schurrle
NO-ONE ELSE

That leaves us with a pretty solid squad that's more experienced and a little bigger than last year:

Keepers:

Cech
Hilario/Turnbull/Cortois

Defenders:

Ivanovic
Cole
Luiz
Cahill
Terry
Bertrand
Bruma
Azpilicueta
Ake

Midfield:

Luiz/Ake (Defenders)
Lampard
Chalobah
McEachran
Ramires
Romeu

Offensive Midfield:

Marin (?)
Oscar
Hazard
Mata
De Bruyne
Piazon
Moses
Schurrle

Strikers:

Ba
Torres
Lukaku

There you go. ONE player signed. Just the one, and a shed load of players out the door. We've won the FA Youth Cup on a number of occasions in the past few years as well - use these guys.

But knowing us we'll try and sign £100 million worth of players in the summer :(
You want Mou to sign one player? :p

Dear Chelsea hierarchy,

OUT:

Mikel
Malouda
Ferrerira
Turnbull/Hilario
Marin (?)
Benayoun
Essien
Kakuta

Bring back from loan:

Courtois (If both reserve keepers go)
Chalobah
Bruma
Piazon
McEachran
De Bruyne
Lukaku

Sign:

Schurrle
NO-ONE ELSE

That leaves us with a pretty solid squad that's more experienced and a little bigger than last year:

Keepers:

Cech
Hilario/Turnbull/Cortois

Defenders:

Ivanovic
Cole
Luiz
Cahill
Terry
Bertrand
Bruma
Azpilicueta
Ake

Midfield:

Luiz/Ake (Defenders)
Lampard
Chalobah
McEachran
Ramires
Romeu

Offensive Midfield:

Marin (?)
Oscar
Hazard
Mata
De Bruyne
Piazon
Moses
Schurrle

Strikers:

Ba
Torres
Lukaku

There you go. ONE player signed. Just the one, and a shed load of players out the door. We've won the FA Youth Cup on a number of occasions in the past few years as well - use these guys.

But knowing us we'll try and sign £100 million worth of players in the summer :(

We do need another CM. Also I think Marin should go out on loan. He looked good in pre season and should have another chance to show that he can make it here. I also think we need another striker in case Lukaku doesn't work within our system.

Moobabe

You want Mou to sign one player? :p

I know he won't - but the players we have, and the players we have out on loan, are good enough and young enough to progress without signing Falcao, Lewandowski etc

We do need another CM. Also I think Marin should go out on loan. He looked good in pre season and should have another chance to show that he can make it here. I also think we need another striker in case Lukaku doesn't work within our system.

I honestly think McEachran could do it - plus Chalobah has been sensational at Watford. That's two guys who have earned the right for a chance at least.

Empty

Dear Chelsea hierarchy,

OUT:(

that team is weak in central midfield, especially if you sell mikel

not that you need a midfield to win the league of course (cf manchester united 2010-11, 2012-13), but if you're not going to be ambitious up front it's hard

Tc91

Vs West Brom, City played Milner on the right and Kolarov on the left. Dropped back when defending but played as wingers with a back 3 when attacking.

Wonder if Milner will come on soon and they'll try that.

Moobabe

that team is weak in central midfield, especially if you sell mikel

not that you need a midfield to win the league of course (cf manchester united 2010-11, 2012-13), but if you're not going to be ambitious up front it's hard

I think Luiz's future lies in Midfield - but bringing players back gives us options. Ramires, Lampard, Luiz, Chalobah all provide something a little different. Unless he brings back Essien as well to sure it up.

Mourinho will get a blank* cheque.

*within FFP limit

I hope not

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea definitely need a midfielder. They should use Chalobah and McEachran next year, but assuming Luiz will continue to play CB, they can't go into the season with Mikel, Lampard and Ramires as their only senior options.

I think Mou will bring Khedira with him.

edit: forgot about Essien as well, his daddy

qindarka

Banned
I know he won't - but the players we have, and the players we have out on loan, are good enough and young enough to progress without signing Falcao, Lewandowski etc

I honestly think McEachran could do it - plus Chalobah has been sensational at Watford. That's two guys who have earned the right for a chance at least.

No, neither McEachran nor Chalobah can be trusted yet. Chalobah is probably more ready though. We might get by without buying a striker if we bring back Lukaku but a CM is really, really needed.

Ideally, I want Schurrle (since we are so far with the deal already), a CM, a CB and a striker.

I don't want us to spend much cash either but we've neglected out deficiencies in the middle for too long.

Wilbur

Banned
Is it weird that I absolutely love Lambda and he's one of my favourite posters but I still want them to lose tonight?

But please beat Chelsea.

Moobabe

No, neither McEachran nor Chalobah can be trusted yet. Chalobah is probably more ready though. We might get by without buying a striker if we bring back Lukaku but a CM is really, really needed.

Ideally, I want Schurrle (since we are so far with the deal already), a CM, a CB and a striker.

We've got some good kids as CB options - Ake looks a talent and Bruma looked pretty good when he had a brief spell with us too. I'd love to see us give some youth a chance.

Is it weird that I absolutely love Lambda and he's one of my favourite posters but I still want them to lose tonight?

But please beat Chelsea.

Why do you hate me so?

Hieberrr

Man the celebrations are fucking weird right now. Dude is waving around a portrait of Jupp LMFAO
KuGsj.gif

Meier

Wigan look far more dangerous because Espinoza has the ball out near the touchline rather than just having a FB up there with the ball who isn't that much of a concern.

Wrong call on the foul there, Kompany had the ball first.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
City's game changer is James Milner.

That is why they've flopped this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom