• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyover

I love Martinez so much. Fuck, I hope Wigan stay up. Please can Norwich go down?
Want that to happen so badly. I think it would've, if Wigan could've held on against Swansea this past week. Now, probably not, but one can hope.

Then again, if Martinez is gone after the season, anyway, I don't care quite as much.

Wilbur

Banned
Portsmouth
Liverpool
Tottenham
Swansea
Wigan
Birmingham

Wenger-sad.jpg

looooooooooooooooooooooool

Bo-Locks

Blame Roshit. City's game died the moment he came on. Did he even do anything of note?

Taking Tevez off was a move Benitez would be proud of though.

oh you poor babies....your are forced to sign son...and eriksen...and probably de bruyne...why? just why? :(

Well, I know it might sound stupid, even more so looking at our past. But it's hard to deny that Son and Eriksen instead of Götze and Lewandowski is a step down in the short term. And with all the money we didn't actually want but now have (fuck you Götze), we should invest more.

Wilbur

Banned
Want that to happen so badly. I think it would've, if Wigan could've held on against Swansea this past week. Now, probably not, but one can hope.

Then again, if Martinez is gone after the season, anyway, I don't care quite as much.

Oh yeah, that's why I like Wigan. I've said time and time again - and its odd considering just how much managers are disposable commodities to a club - that a manager is primarily the reason why I'll root for clubs or not. There's exceptions - I like Pep but didn't like Barca for instance - , but the reason I like Spurs so much is because of AVB, the reason I fucking hated Liverpool last year was because of Kenny, I'll find it hard to hate City as much as this season because of Pellegrini (but they can still get fucked).

Martinez is a class act and a very good manager.

Hixx

They need to stop equating this to what we did in 73

We were near the bottom of Div 2.

Wigan have been in the Premier League for nearly a decade.

Bumhead

Banned
Utter tosh, winning a single domestic cup won't make you a better manager than a guy who has kept an average Everton team challenging for the top 6 year in, year out.

While I agree that Martinez > Moyes is a silly thing to say, I think winning a domestic cup while keeping a fucking guff Wigan side in the Premier League year after year isn't far off being a pretty remarkable achievement in itself.

3Sixty

BetVictor did refunds on losing bets if Wigan won.

BetVictor BetVictor ‏@BetVictor 3m

All refunds for the #FACup will be credited by lunchtime tomorrow. A very very very large report is being run & it will take a while #Ouch

LegoArmo

Utter tosh, winning a single domestic cup won't make you a better manager than a guy who has kept an average Everton team challenging for the top 6 year in, year out.

:trollface

It's a little wink at the "Moyes hasn't won a trophy" talk from the other day

Kyoufu

BetVictor did refunds on losing bets if Wigan won.

BetVictor BetVictor ‏@BetVictor 3m

All refunds for the #FACup will be credited by lunchtime tomorrow. A very very very large report is being run & it will take a while #Ouch

Wow. So basically free money.

Bumhead

Banned
They need to stop equating this to what we did in 73

We were near the bottom of Div 2.

Wigan have been in the Premier League for nearly a decade.

Yeah, some are going over the top with all this.

Like I said previously, great achievement for Wigan, but they're still a Premier League side (for now) who have done a decent job of beating top sides over the course of the last ten years in the top flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom