• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Please don't. I like to think of Klopp as a non-creep.

Are you kidding?

iJ7TyjAbQQAne.png

Blackhead

Redarse
i don't think spain matters here. we've seen barcelona more than enough times this season to see that they just haven't been playing well. whether it's due to tito or not, the fact of the matter is that barca have not been able to play their typical tiki taka style of football this season. that's partly due to messi being disappointing this season (unless you just look his stats of course), but also due to xavi, iniesta and their defence looking shaky.

it's not just one player.

Barca's/Pep's tactics have been found out. It's like when Arsenal went through a period a 2/3 years ago when Man Utd and Chelsea would just batter them every game they played, in the same way. The warning signs for Barca were there when Milan beat them 2-0 earlier this season and then Madrid's B-team beat them as well (no excuse that Messi wasn't fit for those games).

Teams now know how to play against Barca's tactics and when the really good teams effectively execute the counterplan then Barca have no answer.

Barca needs to evolve

:lol why did I have to use Liverpool as an example. fuck

It was apt enough tbh.

One of them won something, but is clearly an inferior manager
You have to use your eyes and watch a lot to come to the conclusion that the one with the inferior season-by-season result is superior, but its clearly true to anyone with half a brain

3Sixty

It was apt enough tbh.

One of them won something, but is clearly an inferior manager
You have to use your eyes and watch a lot to come to the conclusion that the one with the inferior season-by-season result is superior, but its clearly true to anyone with half a brain

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile.

Winning's winning.

jtb

Banned
Barca's/Pep's tactics have been found out. It's like when Arsenal went through a period a 2/3 years ago when Man Utd and Chelsea would just batter them every game they played, in the same way. The warning signs for Barca were there when Milan beat them 2-0 earlier this season and then Madrid's B-team beat them as well (no excuse that Messi wasn't fit for those games).

Teams now know how to play against Barca's tactics and when the really good teams effectively execute the counterplan then Barca have no answer.

Barca needs to evolve

We're still in that period.

:(

:'(

You're absolutely right though. Barcelona are too predictable—their game plan is pass the ball to Messi. Messi only scored like ~30% of their goals when they won the treble, and even in 10/11 he "only" scored half their goals.

arkon

Oh please. Pep's team only won the Spanish Cup last year. This Tito team at least won La Liga.

Pep's Barca were up against a Madrid side that were destroying pretty much every team in the League last year. This year Madrid have been far less effective and the defence of their title has been as pitiful as City's this season.

Wilbur

Banned
3 finals in 4 years. Wonderful achievement for Bayern. Have to take your hat off to them. A wonderful club with a rich history and now all but confirmed as the best team in Europe - with good potential to dominate for the next 2 or 3 years.

I will be hoping Dortmund win in the final but if Bayern do win, which I think they will, they'll have fully deserved it. No silly antics along the way. Just good football and good fans.

United have a long way to go :(

Don't worry about this mangole. Was just thinking today although we're not up to the quality of the two finalists, we have the same spirit as them; every player fighting for the team, RVP making goal line clearances, Rooney in midfield, everyone happy as larry when the team is winning.

And that's just as important as quality. We have the best manager in the game, we're the best domestic team around, and on paper we only need one or two top buys to compete properly. It won't happen :lol, but keep the faith my love.

Congratulations Bayern. Like Viva I will be cheering for Dortmund in the final, but Bayern are an absolutely wonderful team and any win will be richly deserved.

I think they will win too.

Empty

3 finals in 4 years. Wonderful achievement for Bayern. Have to take your hat off to them. A wonderful club with a rich history and now all but confirmed as the best team in Europe - with good potential to dominate for the next 2 or 3 years.

I will be hoping Dortmund win in the final but if Bayern do win, which I think they will, they'll have fully deserved it. No silly antics along the way. Just good football and good fans.

United have a long way to go :(

while bayern are a much more complete and well balanced team than us at the moment, i feel like we have much more of chance of competing than we did a couple of seasons back at the height of this current barca team. it was hard to imagine us getting close then, now i think it's way more open for us and all the top european teams going into next season (especially with bayern changing manager).

That young ZDF guy is really great.

Heynckes with a smug grin on the face: "We saw this season that Dortmund can't compete in all of the Bundesliga, Cup and CL."
ZDF guy: "But that won't help you in the final."
Heynckes: "..."

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile.

Winning's winning.

On the off-chance that you're being serious, Rodgers is blatantly a better manager than Kenny, and Kenny was better for us than Hodgson. It may not pan out statistically, or even in terms of trophies (yet) but its obvious. I can't be bothered to go further into this, I've wasted enough minutes of my life arguing with friends who thought that Hodgson wasn't given enough time at Liverpool and the fans wanted him out from day 1 :p

Bo-Locks

I find it amazing that no team has ever defended the CL (in its current format). And this is despite Juve reaching three consecutive finals in 96/97/98 and United reaching three finals in four years in 08/09/11.

Milan were the last to do it in 89/90.

Suen

Barca-GAF....I really don't know what to say. These guys slaughtered you, made you look worse than a Segunda Division B team. Though you threatened a bit in the first half it wasn't enough and you really didn't have any clear chances. To be fair you had some unlucky injuries in the defense + Messi gone so that definitely changed things but wow......it only goes to show further how dependent you are on Messi. Overall I think your CL campaign has been bad (and to be fair Madrid was not all that great either but better considering our opponents) and you definitely did not deserve to go to the final. Even Valencia did better in the group stages and that says lots. Malaga seem to be the one who put most passion of us four this CL.

Barca-GAF is still awesome, hope this defeat will wake up the guys at Barca and make them do some really big changes and some good transfers. But man....0-7.....this is going to be talked for months....forget that, for years. Suddenly I'm not so sad about the Madrid loss yesterday, this seems way harder to take :lol.

Sorry Barca-GAF, the remuntada was simply not with you today

Congrats Bayern. Fuck Bayern, Forza Dortmund!

PL > Bundeslol > La Liga
Arsenal > Bayern > Barca

Arsenal = best team in the world.

will read through rest of the thread later.

Zero148

That young ZDF guy is really great.

Heynckes with a smug grin on the face: "We saw this season that Dortmund can't compete in all of the Bundesliga, Cup and CL."
ZDF guy: "But that won't help you in the final."
Heynckes: "..."

also Henyckes statement is false. It is not like Dortmund lost in the first cup round and is tenth in the Bundesliga. They lost in the quarter finals against Bayern and can still get over 70 points in the Bundesliga

If this IS the "end" for Barca, this version of Barca anyway - they were the best team I've ever seen. The football for a couple of years was truly stunning.

But things change and they've been left behind a bit over the last 12 months. Let's see how they respond.

Blablurn

Appreciate the positive Bayern comments over here. Thanks lads! Hope we'll see a good Champions League final. That's all i say for now.

arkon

I find it amazing that no team has ever defended the CL (in its current format). And this is despite Juve reaching three consecutive finals in 96/97/98 and United reaching three finals in four years in 08/09/11.

Milan were the last to do it in 89/90.

Another interesting tidbit. Barca when they get knocked out, do so to the eventual winners. At least that's been the case in the last 5-6 seasons.

Man Utd, Inter, Chelsea, Bayern?

3Sixty

On the off-chance that you're being serious, Rodgers is blatantly a better manager than Kenny, and Kenny was better for us than Hodgson. It may not pan out statistically, or even in terms of trophies (yet) but its obvious. I can't be bothered to go further into this, I've wasted enough minutes of my life arguing with friends who thought that Hodgson wasn't given enough time at Liverpool and the fans wanted him out from day 1 :p

Sorry, whenever i use Fast & Furious quotes you know I'm not being siri.

(Though i think both are shit)

Dibbz

Barca fans need not worry. Secret Agent Pep is gonna slow down Bayern next season.

Honestly though, he's gonna need hell of a season to top this one at Bayern.

Scum

If this IS the "end" for Barca, this version of Barca anyway - they were the best team I've ever seen. The football for a couple of years was truly stunning.

But things change and they've been left behind a bit over the last 12 months. Let's see how they respond.
4-2-3-1 Messi (free role) behind D. Villa. New CB and GK.

Kyoufu

Barca fans need not worry. Secret Agent Pep is gonna slow down Bayern next season.

Honestly though, he's gonna need hell of a season to top this one at Bayern.

He's going to force them to make 50 passes sideways and backwards before some jerk dribbles it into the net.

FootballFan

It's not over(imo). Terrible defending this season has cost us. Thiago Silva + Hummels. Puyol back. Abidal healthy hopefully. A goalkeeper.

Messi is still 25, as long as he remains fit, we will be competitive for a while.

The come back season is on next year.

Remuntada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom