• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

225668_656763384340356_299315638_n.jpg

248025_10151447718423598_540795483_n.jpg

Nah it's a statistic that has been true for the past couple for years. The CL champion was either Barca or the team that beat them, I was shaking my head too when he was making that comment but it isnt as ridiculous as it sounded.

But UEFA is building us up as the next most likeable team, we need to win the CL to get there. UEFA would have fixed a BVB-Barca semi final if it was true.

fuenf

No matter what happens in Wembley, I want a Klopp / Müller double interview afterwards! That has to be legendary.

Gambit

Müller just started his interview saying "My answers might be nonsense, I didn't have anything to eat, but had a couple beers"

But UEFA is building us up as the next most likeable team, we need to win the CL to get there. UEFA would have fixed a BVB-Barca semi final if it was true.

On the contrary, there's a reason the expression is "lovable losers"

Blablurn

I don't know...

It seems hard to muster up something positive from such a heavy defeat.

they are back in the cl final, won the league with a dozen of new records, and they are also in the cup final. pretty good way to bounce back, dont u think? i am not saying we will win the title but from my perspective this team looks way more focused than last year.

leadbelly

Banned
they are back in the cl final, won the league with a dozen of new records, and they are also in the cup final. pretty good way to bounce back, dont u think? i am not saying we will win the title but from my perspective this team looks way more focused than last year.

You're talking about Bayern?

I thought you was on about Barca.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
If there is a penalty shootout at Wembley with two German teams will they have to abandon the match when neither can stop scoring?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
(Pirlo's book)

Pirlo on 2006 World Cup final penalty: "I looked up to the sky for help, because if God exists he can't be French."

/deadagain

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Conspiracy-theorist listen: Is it just a coincindence that we are getting a German final after a state owned TV station bought the German CL rights for the first time (& a massive amount of money)?
They were only like 50 million €, right? Not worth it.

Messi

You can all blame Sleepless for the lack of Oliva/Otherwomen avatars for the next month.

For the record I like De Gea

Blackhead

Redarse
In terms of results and the legend that followed them around, probably yeah. But like... I haven't really enjoyed watching them the last season or two, besides little pockets of play.

The 2008/09 team with Henry/Messi/Eto'o is one of my absolute favourites.

There's a good discussion guys; what is your favourite/best team you've ever seen? Could be yours, could be someone else's. That Barca one is definitely in the discussion for me, and the Arsenal sides of 2001/02 and 2003/04, and Chelsea 2004-06 were stunning teams.

For me, the United side from 2006-09, that run of three titles in a row, two Champions League finals, Ronaldo and Rooney at their peak as footballers, Edwin van der Sar having a late career renaissance, Rio and Vidic in full swing... those three years have been my favourite as a United supporter.

How many years back are we going? Favorite team I've seen is probably Ronaldinho's Barca. I know Messi/C Ronaldo have great goal records but Ronaldinho was just amazing to watch. Messi may score 4 in match but it'll be the same burst of speed and chip each time. Ronaldinho would score only one goal but it'd be a freaking bicycle kick or 30 yrd screamer. Love him.

The Galaticos were also great to watch but they probably peaked in Zidane's first year lol. When the real Ronaldo joined it very fun but they didn't win anything. Then Madrid started adding nontechnical (English) players like Beckham, Owens and Gravesen ugh.

How many years back are we going? Favorite team I've seen is probably Ronaldinho's Barca. I know Messi/C Ronaldo have great goal records but Ronaldinho was just amazing to watch. Messi may score 4 in match but it'll be the same burst of speed and chip each time. Ronaldinho would score only one goal but it'd be a freaking bicycle kick or 30 yrd screamer. Love him.

The Galaticos were also great to watch but they probably peaked in Zidane's first year lol. When the real Ronaldo joined it very fun but they didn't win anything. Then Madrid started adding nontechnical (English) players like Beckham, Owens and Gravesen ugh.

He must have made a real impact...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom