• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

United's revenue has hit new highs and its only going to keep climbing. We still have the new kit and training kit sponsorship deals to come into effect. Our kit manufacturing deal is also up for renewal. United could be looking at an extra £100m per year just from those three sponsorships.
That's absolutely scary. I hope you get 135% taxed on those.

/jk

K1LLER7

Shame that the majority of the money will find itself in the Glazers pockets.

Hopefully we can get a top signing in this summer. Bale pls.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/apr/30/doping-doctor-eufemiano-fuentes-sentence-shock

Spanish judge orders 200+ bags of likely doped sportsmen and women's blood to be destroyed. This evidence is from one of Lance Armstrong's doctors, gained from raiding his office. Witnesses say they saw lots of football stars going there from time to time.

The evidence is being destroyed to 'protect their right to medical confidentiality.'

Hmm.

The Spanish Government are such fucking corrupt cunts

Arnie

Sorry to interrupt the Financial Times but this is well worth a read, free until 2pm:

Football matters but it doesn’t matter anything like as much as it has seemed to over the last week. When Prime Ministers are commenting on disciplinary issues, players’ union officials are publicly demanding refunds from a joke teller and a TV company feels compelled to release a statement revealing why it felt broadcasting the 10 o’clock news on time was more important than Jose Mourinho’s career update, then things are clearly out of hand. Football isn’t more important than life and death and it never will be, but right now it is being allowed to feel as if it is and that can’t be good for the game.

Clegg

United make more money from the commercial side than they do the match day side. United have long term commercial contracts so that money is sort of guaranteed for the foreseeable future.

United make so much money that any post Ferguson dip could be offset by us buying a big name player and having him prop us up for a while. That's obviously not sustainable but it would be worth it if we remain competitive and give our new manager the chance to impose his style on the United squad.

Zero148

I just realised something. Was there ever a Champions league finalist out of pot 4 before? I can only think of maybe Monaco a few years back (that was an amazing cl season)

Zabojnik

Sleeping Dogs is really good

5 things though:

1) The city feels bustling, yet lifeless. Not enough randomness as yet.
2) Not much variety in the combos, that should change as I upgrade hopefully
3) It looks okay, but a bit disappointing because I know how much better it looks on PC :(
4) The camera takes ages to sort itself out when you get into a vehicle
5) Too many walled areas which you look around for collectibles, then take about a minute to get back out (when running)

6) It's an average open-world game with a cool setting and a likable, if underdeveloped protagonist, that's about it.

RUMBO ITALIANOOOO

56240659594x350.jpg

Zabojnik

y u no like Sleeping Dogs, assholes? Whatever, playing it tomorrow anyway.

PS3 versions is shit, we know this.

I finished the PC version, so I liked it well enough. But it's nothing special, nothing really stands out. The driving is unremarkable, the fighting gets old fast, the story is decent, the missions are okay at best. I'm not the greatest fan of the genre, but even so ... it pales when compared to something like RDR.

defel

It's season ticket renewal time isn't it?

Fabio is coming back in the summer. He'll strengthen the squad.

Has Fabio progressed much in his time away? Looking forward to having both Brazilians flying up and down the wings any time soon

arkon

Has Fabio had that many opportunities? Whenever I watched a QPR game it was always Traore and Boswinger at fullback IIRC.

Clegg

Apparently Woodword has said there is no need for major investment in the squad as we can already field 2 starting teams choc full of international.

Didn't he just say that strengthening the squad was the top priority?

rvy

Banned
I finished the PC version, so I liked it well enough. But it's nothing special, nothing really stands out. The driving is unremarkable, the fighting gets old fast, the story is decent, the missions are okay at best. I'm not the greatest fan of the genre, but even so ... it pales when compared to something like RDR.

Looks fun to me from the videos, demo wasn't bad either. I like the setting a lot.

Kyoufu

Apparently Woodword has said there is no need for major investment in the squad as we can already field 2 starting teams choc full of international.

Strengthening in football terms is just adding. You're getting some unknown youngster from Brazil.

?

I was listening, he didn't say that.

Even if that were the case he wouldn't say that on an investors conference call.

I just realised something. Was there ever a Champions league finalist out of pot 4 before? I can only think of maybe Monaco a few years back (that was an amazing cl season)

I think I said that before the semi finals (or at least I wanted to lol):
It's funny that BVB being in pot 1 next season is more realistic than in pot 2.

Kyoufu

I font think that's what he meant though. United already have a big enough squad which is of decent quality.

Strengthening for United should mean buying first team quality players.

With your debt, I doubt it.

In fact I'll be surprised if you spend big money on a player this summer.

defel

Saw a job ad through my uni today - Requirements:

1. A strong interest in football
2. Training in Econometrics

the fuck.... think I might apply lol

Probably similar to another job I saw for a Sports Betting Hedge Fund. Who knew...

Wilbur

Banned
With your debt, I doubt it.

In fact I'll be surprised if you spend big money on a player this summer.

You're aware our debt is down pretty substantially this year lol? Have you not read anything posted?

Besides, we spent about 40-50m last summer I think, and the same the year before.

Kyoufu

You're aware our debt is down pretty substantially this year lol? Have you not read anything posted?

Besides, we spent about 40-50m last summer I think, and the same the year before.

I never said you won't spend money.

God damn. Did you even read what I posted?

All I said was I can't see you spending 40-50 million on a single player like Falcao or Bale.

I think United will have enough money purely on outgoing players to get a big name through the door.

It pains me to say.

Mou needs to come back and save us all. City won't do shit with those clowns at the helm.

K1LLER7

I think United will have enough money purely on outgoing players to get a big name through the door.

It pains me to say.

Mou needs to come back and save us all. City won't do shit with those clowns at the helm.
:lol

United strengthening = Bebe/Fabio return, Zaha in.

I'll be 29 in June and I don't think I have the energy for transfer talk anymore. Wish there was a way block it out until the day before the season starts again, and then get a barebones digest emailed to me explaining who went where and for how much.

I don't think we'll spend £50m on a single player.

We don't need to though, nor would I like us to. Would much prefer some balanced spending. £25m on 2 CM's would do us much more good than signing Falcao or Bale would.

Bale is going to cost alot more than £50m anyway. Especially for an English club.

Wilbur

Banned
I never said you won't spend money.

God damn. Did you even read what I posted?

All I said was I can't see you spending 40-50 million on a single player like Falcao or Bale.

I think if Bale was offered to us for 40m, we'd definitely go for it. We made 30m bids for Hazard and Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom