• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Lewa to Bayern? I'd be disappointed to miss out on him but we're pretty well stocked on strikers as it is.

Fergie said he'd push the boat out for the right player. It would be a worry of he meant Lewa. That money needs to go on a midfielder.

Lewy to Chelsea is still possible if Mourinho really goes there and they can't get Falcao. Mou's rating Lewy highly, would be crazy if Chelsea had Rumbo and Lewandowski next season, though.

qindarka

Banned
I'd take Lewandowski over Falcao. He is both younger and more importantly, significantly cheaper.

All just a pipedream though, we'll start next season with Torres leading the line.

Arnie

I think Rafa has been good overall. He had some bad moments like any manager would but he did some good things with the team. His big mistake that he never seems to learn from is his substitutions and, at times, his starting XI. Also his insistence on using Benayoun baffles as it never, not once, helped the team. What Malouda was to Chelsea last season is what Benayoun is to Chelsea this season, except even more quiet.
Aye, he's prone to a frustrating substitution or a stubborn decision.

His big calls shine through, ultimately.
So Lewa to Bayern? I'd be disappointed to miss out on him but we're pretty well stocked on strikers as it is.

Fergie said he'd push the boat out for the right player. It would be a worry if he meant Lewa. That money needs to go on a midfielder.
You've got one of the best strikers in the world, with Rooney as backup. As you say, it's much better to invest that cash into your midfield and find a dependable partner for Carrick.

Also, I'm bored. More than 3 weeks until the final and there isn't just one other important match left. Well, maybe the Hoffenheim match, we must kick them in league 2, would be glorious.

So, give me transfer rumors. Isco, de Bruyne, Benteke, Lukaku to BVB. Whatever, I don't care.

Also, from Football Manager experiences I can confirm that Lukaku at BVB works incredibly well. Zorc pls.

Gambit

Yes, new cast same universe - that is what everyone was expecting when they initially announced it as a 6 part saga. How does Xenoblade compare in terms of story?

You are most welcome Gambit. It surely was a masterpiece of a performance by Bayern. I agree with you wholeheartedly about Barca - it did do them good. As a fan of theirs I hope they learn from this experience. I think if they lost by 1 goal they would have definitely made more excuses, so I prefer the heavier loss. Plus, your team has not won this trophy for over a decade. It would be a good year for them to win it. Plus, Jupp of all people deserve one. What a FANTASTIC season it has been for him.

Xenoblade is a fantastic game, possibly my favourite JRPG since Chrono Trigger. It has a great story, good cast and a fantastic world. Nevertheless this is one aspect where the whole Xenosaga is superior. Xenoblade is not as focused on the story as Saga was.

Still, it is a good story that takes interesting turns and becomes more existentialist as it progresses, but it doesn't quite match the scope of Saga.

The most important advice for anyone playing Xenoblade is this: Accept every sidequest offered to you, but don't go out of your way to fulfill them. There are too many. Two of my friends were so burnt out on them they gave up on the game altogether, even though they really enjoyed it.

Also, I'm bored. More than 3 weeks until the final and there isn't just one other important match left. Well, maybe the Hoffenheim match, we must kick them in league 2, would be glorious.

So, give me transfer rumors. Isco, de Bruyne, Benteke, Lukaku to BVB. Whatever, I don't care.

Also, from Football Manager experiences I can confirm that Lukaku at BVB works incredibly well. Zorc pls.

With Mou on the way out, the next manager might want to sign new players. What I am saying is, you should definitely have a go at Özil. I'd love it if he came to Dortmund

Fady K

Lucas Barrios' struggle with Chinese culture and how he killed his football career.

Man, Barrios was great . Did Dortmund not want him anymore or did he just leave for the money in China?

I'd take Lewandowski over Falcao. He is both younger and more importantly, significantly cheaper.

All just a pipedream though, we'll start next season with Torres leading the line.

Ah yes, the usual I'm afraid :'(

Nah you'll get Rumbo and he'll turn to utter shit like with all your other high profile strikers.

For the last 4 years: Our only flop of a striker is an already-lost-form Torres when he was at his final days at Liverpool. Did I miss anyone?

I heard they have a history of flops with strikers, but recently I only saw Torres. And I don't blame Chelsea much for that. Not in the last 2 years at least.

Significantly cheaper? You wish.

I'm guessing he'll be significantly cheaper than 59 million Euros right? I'll be shocked if he is sold for more than 30 million. If that's the case, that is half of what Falcao's value is rumored to be.

What's he doing these days anyway?

Nothing lol, just playing some matches in China.

With Mou on the way out, the next manager might want to sign new players. What I am saying is, you should definitely have a go at Özil. I'd love it if he came to Dortmund

No way any manager would sell Özil and to be honest I don't really want him here, anyway. Not even Mourinho managed to get him play constantly well, he'd be way too expensive for us considering that.

Man, Barrios was great . Did Dortmund not want him anymore or did he just leave for the money in China?

Well, he got injured, Lewandowski stepped up and Barrios was the backup striker. He didn't like that and went for the money. I still don't get it, he'd have done great for some EL side with chances for CL qualification. But to be fair, I don't really know if he had good offers, his reputation dropped rather quickly. People were saying he's not good enough soon after his injury which was just not true.

qindarka

Banned
Significantly cheaper? You wish.

Falcao would cost 50 million while Lewandowski has one year left on his contract. Even if a team paid 30 million for him, he would still cost about 20 million less than Falcao.

I heard they have a history of flops with strikers, but recently I only saw Torres. And I don't blame Chelsea much for that. Not in the last 2 years at least.

Shevchenko, Kezman and Mutu all failed at Chelsea. Shevchenko being our previous transfer record. And I guess there was Sutton, but that was way back.

Gambit

No way any manager would sell Özil and to be honest I don't really want him here, anyway. Not even Mourinho managed to get him play constantly well, he'd be way too expensive for us considering that.

Klopp might get to him. Between Klopp's enthusiasm and Özil's lethargy the result could be someone about as motivated as Kroos. That's the best they could hope for.

1469781820-popcorn_mis_02_20130502-110350-wgeTaE1Ke31.jpg

gomez bangbuddy was also in barcelona

fixed

Klopp might get to him. Between Klopp's enthusiasm and Özil's lethargy the result could be someone about as motivated as Kroos. That's the best they could hope for.

For the money we'd have to pay for Özil, I'd rather have Isco. Or de Bruyne + Prince, or de Bruyne + Eriksen, or Prince + Eriksen, or whatever.

qindarka

Banned
59 millions? For Falcao? What the fuck? I take it back then.

Well, the media are always saying how Falcao would cost 45-50 million pounds. Atletico bought him for about 40 million euro and his reputation has only increased since then. Even with their financial troubles, he would cost a bomb.

Fady K

Aye, he's prone to a frustrating substitution or a stubborn decision.

His big calls shine through, ultimately.

Agreed. What sucks is, he is stopping himself from achieving a lot more victories (or draws) by not playing his cards right at substitutions and starting XIs.

Xenoblade is a fantastic game, possibly my favourite JRPG since Chrono Trigger. It has a great story, good cast and a fantastic world. Nevertheless this is one aspect where the whole Xenosaga is superior. Xenoblade is not as focused on the story as Saga was.

Still, it is a good story that takes interesting turns and becomes more existentialist as it progresses, but it doesn't quite match the scope of Saga.

The most important advice for anyone playing Xenoblade is this: Accept every sidequest offered to you, but don't go out of your way to fulfill them. There are too many. Two of my friends were so burnt out on them they gave up on the game altogether, even though they really enjoyed it.

Wow, that must mean it is quite special. (On a side note - I still need to play Chrono Trigger! I may play the DS version! Beat Chrono Cross though.) You got me hyped for it even more.

Thanks for the advice as well, i'll keep that in mind! I usually like to do all the sidequests in games that I love, so I hope I can enjoy them all :D

Falcao would cost 50 million while Lewandowski has one year left on his contract. Even if a team paid 30 million for him, he would still cost about 20 million less than Falcao.

Exactly bro. There is no way he would not be significantly cheaper than Falcao (at least right now).

@ El Topo - Doesn't mean he isn't a great player, he's brilliant. But his current value being anywhere near Falcao's is not realistic at the moment. Especially with his contract ending in a season.

Clegg

Its just been announced that Gareth Bale has won Football Writers player of the year.

It as a two horse race. Bale won 53 % of the vote and RVP came second with 43% of the vote.

Suarez got less than 1%.

Feorax

Its just been announced that Gareth Bale has won Football Writers player of the year.

He has been excellent, although I do think RVP deserved at least one award for basically single-handedly reclaiming the PL title for United.

It's going to be very difficult for Spurs to fend off offers from other big European clubs if they don't make CL this year.

Arnie

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Di Marizio:

Benzema is impossible because Perez likes him.
Di Maria could be Chelsea bound
Higuain and Coentrao are 'possible'.

No to all the of the above.

Arnie

Surprised to see Bale got so much. Imagine how many votes he'd get if he was English.

Imagine how many votes he'd get if he turned up before December.

Suarez deserves so little votes for his bite. RVP should've won more because his two thirds of a good season actually resulted in a trophy.

Imagine how many votes he'd get if he turned up before December.

My thoughts were along the line of:

The lesson to take from all of these awards is to make sure your form hits at the end of the season since being anonymous at the start of the season is seemingly immaterial for these awards.

Gambit

Wow, that must mean it is quite special. (On a side note - I still need to play Chrono Trigger! I may play the DS version! Beat Chrono Cross though.) You got me hyped for it even more.

Thanks for the advice as well, i'll keep that in mind! I usually like to do all the sidequests in games that I love, so I hope I can enjoy them all :D

I won't be the first to tell you this, but you should try to play Chrono Trigger. THe DS version is the definitive one and I replayed it only a couple months ago. So good.

Loved Cross as well, especially because of the music.

Müller is unintentionally hilarious.

Look at Ribery, also. :lol :lol
Contento kicks someone's ass, Ribery slaps him in the face and acts like a child :lol

Müller is the opposite of pretentious. He does not care at all about being "cool". Which makes him very cool.

Muller's the one Bayern player I actively really like. He looks so friendly and harmless, yet he's deadly on the pitch. I quite like Martinez, too.

Ribery's got a face that not even his mother could love.

It looks awful.

He paid good money to some prostitutes to feel loved.

Wilbur

Banned
My thoughts were along the line of:

The lesson to take from all of these awards is to make sure your form hits at the end of the season since being anonymous at the start of the season is seemingly immaterial for these awards.

Saw something along the lines of that for our title win as well; like, it would be remembered more if all our comeback wins were in the latter half of the season instead of the first.

The Rumbo dream is over.

Unless... I fucking guarantee Rooney is our new midfielder. Christ.

Nah it's the right thing to do. 16 goals and 15 assists from the fatman is a more than acceptable foil to RVP.

We need to sign a CM and a Winger and maybe even a LB before a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom