• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that makes me glad about the elimination of the spaniards is that even thou for years they have abuse a financial system in their own league, huge advantages in tv rights, huge tax advantages over the rest of europe and everything now comes crumblind down simply because the others did better and more with a lot less buying power.

Clegg

Cleggy - turns out Woodward DID say that. I must have joined the conference call late.

BRING GILL BACK!
I reckon he meant we wouldn't make a mega money transfer. No Bale or Ronaldo for us.

Maybe our usual £40m net spend is on the cards. And that would be perfectly fine so long as we bring the right players in. We've no need for squad fillers. We should be looking a players that can add genuine quality the the starting 11.

Tony Barret is v good.

I wonder who the 2 journalists who voted for Suarez were btw. It means some of the Liverpool-bloc didn't...*DUN DUN DUNNNN!*

Wrote John Aldridge in his column for The Liverpool Echo this week:

'It was no surprise that Suarez didn't win the PFA award after what's gone on but he would have been my pick ahead of Gareth Bale.

'Some will say I'm biased, but over the course of the season I believe Suarez has been the best player.

'Bale is a brilliant talent and I'd love to have him at Liverpool but he's also one of the biggest cheats. Suarez stopped diving and now the PFA Player of the Year needs to do the same and clean up his act.'

Kyoufu

I think if Bale was offered to us for 40m, we'd definitely go for it. We made 30m bids for Hazard and Lucas.

This is true.

The question is, which would you prefer? Bale or Falcao?

I'd go with Bale because Valencia and Young are terrible. lol

The people saying RVP or Suarez have been better than Bale this season are 50 shades of cray IMO.

They've all been fantastic (obviously) but Bale has been incredible. He's only a few goals off Suarez and RVP's goal tallys despite having less appearances and being played as a winger.

Still hate that fucking heart thing he does though. Bellend.

Clegg

I don't think Bale is a winger now. He's more of a second striker and he plays further up the pitch then a winger normally would.

That's the impression that I get when I see him play.

Wilbur

Banned
This is true.

The question is, which would you prefer? Bale or Falcao?

I'd go with Bale because Valencia and Young are terrible. lol

Bale for sure. We have four good strikers, and no good wingers.

The people saying RVP or Suarez have been better than Bale this season are 50 shades of cray IMO.

They've all been fantastic (obviously) but Bale has been incredible. He's only a few goals off Suarez and RVP's goal tallys despite having less appearances and being played as a winger.

Still hate that fucking heart thing he does though. Bellend.

He's played mostly behind the striker hasn't he? Or has free rein to drift about there anyway. He's been fantastic nevertheless.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll be 29 in June and I don't think I have the energy for transfer talk anymore. Wish there was a way block it out until the day before the season starts again, and then get a barebones digest emailed to me explaining who went where and for how much.

And It's EXTRA frustrating with Marotta.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

*July*

Agree terms with a WC striker

*August*

After a month of back and forth, we lose our target.

Agree terms with Plan B

*A week before the season begins*

Buy a Serie A striker from Roma.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"The information I have from the club that was mistakenly written about last week is that the player [Bale] will remain here irrespective of Champions League qualification being achieved or not," stressed Villas-Boas.

Go home everybody. Levy isn't even going to read your e-mails.

I don't think Bale is a winger now. He's more of a second striker and he plays further up the pitch then a winger normally would.

That's the impression that I get when I see him play.

He nominally plays down the middle but like Ronaldo he moves across the forward line trying to find space and get his shots away. He's now good enough to play left, right or down the middle.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
One thing that makes me glad about the elimination of the spaniards is that even thou for years they have abuse a financial system in their own league, huge advantages in tv rights, huge tax advantages over the rest of europe and everything now comes crumblind down simply because the others did better and more with a lot less buying power.

WAIT

I thought you supported Barcelona?

Wilbur

Banned
He's kinda been all over the place. I guess my point was more he hasn't been the main striker and has still done so much.

Yeah, true, although you could make the argument that Suarez plays in a weaker team and RVP plays in a team not so dependant on his goals and still has lots. All three would have been worthy winners to be honest.

Arnie

Bale plays in that position where it's difficult for any one player to mark him. There's definitely an increased chance of scoring goals if you're praying on the last defender, or acting as the focal point for your team, but there's also a similar spike when you've not got two centre backs kicking your heels, or pushing you at every opportunity.

Especially for a player with a left foot like Bale.

Yeah, true, although you could make the argument that Suarez plays in a weaker team and RVP plays in a team not so dependant on his goals and still has lots. All three would have been worthy winners to be honest.

The first point I'd take for sure, Suarez could be the third in the triforce of Messi, Ronaldo if he was to play in a better team that really played to his strengths. I don't really see the second point though. I doubt RVP would either!

Wilbur

Banned
Bale plays in that position where it's difficult for any one player to mark him. There's definitely an increased chance of scoring goals if you're praying on the last defender, or acting as the focal point for your team, but there's also a similar spike when you've not got two centre backs kicking your heels, or pushing you at every opportunity.

Especially for a player with a left foot like Bale.

Imagine how hard it must be to mark the Raumdeuter. Fucking great lad.

Kyoufu

"a lot less buying power"

You're talking about Buyern here...

Arnie

Unwritten is such a good song.

FEEL THE RAIN ON YOUR SKIN

FUCKING YES VIVA

Was slamming that at the train station the other week. Sun shining, absolutely buzzing. Just got an email asking for my address so I can be sent an employment contract. Exciting stuff. Still locked away in a bell tower waiting for my haggard face to heal so I can rejoin society. I look like I've been tortured. Luckily all the grazing's scabbed over now but I can't smile of laugh or shout or anything otherwise it'll rip off.

Arnie

These Words was alright. Is that what it's called?

But you're right about Danny Boy. If You're Not The One is a choon

That's the one that's come on next on Spotify. It's alright. Bit Year 8 music.

About to unleash the Dortmund payload for Fry. He's probably napping in his Brazilian cocoon right now. Unaware. Fuck Schweinsteiger.

R5oaiWbl.jpg

Clegg

This summer is going to be a big one transfer wise imo. If Spurs get CL qualification Levy may finally go large and sign a decent striker. He'll also want to strengthen the squad overall. If they manage to keep Bale then they'll be a very formidable team.

If Mou returns to Chelsea then he'll instantly lift the team and you just know that Abmramovich will make funds available for whatever the manager wants. They already have Mata, Hazard and Oscar. If they add a quality CM and striker then they'll be challenging for the league title next season imo.

And all the noises coming from City suggest that they're tying to add serious quality to the squad for next season. United will have to make some very astute signings this summer if we want to win the title again.

Wilbur

Banned
Dortmund shirts are fucking lush. So vibrant.

To be fair to the Bavaricunts, the Bayern shirt is delicious as well.

Fry

That's the one that's come on next on Spotify. It's alright. Bit Year 8 music.

About to unleash the Dortmund payload for Fry. He's probably napping in his Brazilian cocoon right now. Unaware. Fuck Schweinsteiger.

R5oaiWbl.jpg

I'm working, ya cunt!

Even your Iphone's apple is yellow. You are 100% infected. :(

Clegg

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 5m

Woodward says he won't be providing "piecemeal" updates on Nike renegotiation or details of breakdown of Aon training complex/kit deal

That's disappointing.

Show us the money, Woody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom