• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last few years, Unterhaching managed to sign Hummels, Götze and Schweinsteiger.

Sucks for them it's just their less talented brothers lol

They're just waiting for some rich ass team from a shit league to think they are actually getting the real deal, then they will be the ones laughing. :p

rodvik

have we done these yet?

JohnTerry.jpg

1966.jpg

Has Rafa done a good job, or an acceptable one? Or is an acceptable job a good one in the face of opposition from the fans?

Gonna be an Xperia bro

#gethype

dc89

I have a feeling that next season it will be "Do you want to meet Sr'Alec" instead of Bobby. I just gotta feeling.

dc89

The Independent have an article on City expanding the stadium to 54,000 with the option to go bigger in the near future.

Let's do it!

Salvadora

I'd count it if we got it :p
It's getting crazy tight at the top these days. You'll have United/City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Tottenham up there, at least. Clubs are going to start getting squeezed out. No room for Liverpool in Europe :p

I'm just praying for a huge United decline over the next few seasons, along with Arsenal winning a few trophies.
Dat Chelsea, double winners, again!!
#ChampionsOfTheWorld

kharma45

It's getting crazy tight at the top these days. You'll have United/City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Tottenham up there, at least. Clubs are going to start getting squeezed out. No room for Liverpool in Europe :p

I'm just praying for a huge United decline over the next few seasons, along with Arsenal winning a few trophies.

#ChampionsOfTheWorld

You might as well pray for a nice summer here Sal, more chance of that ;)

#ChampionsOfTheWorld

I think the top 5 will be the top 5 next season, we have to get closer though. You and Spurs can easily get squeezed out though. You lose Wenger, it happens. Spurs lose Bale, it could happen if they don't spend it properly

rvy

Banned
Now? Yes. I fear to even think what Benfica fans would do if Pacos managed to get a draw against Porto and Benfica choked again anyway.

Nothing. If people weren't so fucking apathetic about the whole situation we wouldn't have the same shit board for the past 12 years.

Banned paper reporting we've made a £5 million bid for that striker I mentioned before.

so bale to madrid then

ooooh yeah

You should keep track of everything that means Bale to Madrid so you can tick them off if and when they happen

Tottenham finish 5th > so bale to madrid then

Tottenham sign a striker > so bale to madrid then

Carlo Ancelotti appointed Madrid manager > so bale to madrid then

Spanish radio station reports Bale to Madrid > so bale to madrid then

Bale waves to fans after the last game > so bale to madrid then

Bale says he would like to play abroad one day > so bale to madrid then

Salvadora

You might as well pray for a nice summer here Sal, more chance of that ;)
The summer is already here! Doesn't bode well for United :p
I think the top 5 will be the top 5 next season, we have to get closer though. You and Spurs can easily get squeezed out though. You lose Wenger, it happens. Spurs lose Bale, it could happen if they don't spend it properly

It's frightening to think of Arsenal after Arsene.

I'm absolutely terrified that we'll drop like a rock after he leaves.

Fuck that. I'll settle by not visiting Football-GAF for a bunch of months again. Or I'll start supporting another team. That will fix everything.

Support Liverpool. We have the next Aimar anyway :p

@Salva, its really wierd with Arsene

On the one hand, he's built a team that isn't particularly good. On the other, he is responsible for having that team stay in a
the CL spots. So is he doing well or not?

jtb

Banned
I don't even think Spurs losing Bale would be that big of an issue. They'd get a ridiculous fee for him. Reinvest the money properly (like they did with the Modric money) and they'll be fine. Better than fine, really. Could compete for the title.

We lost RVP for a (relatively) small amount and, despite everyone shitting on our squad, we're at basically the same point we were last season. Probably conceded fewer goals too.

Nothing. If people weren't so fucking apathetic about the whole situation we wouldn't have the same shit board for the past 12 years.

How much a consolation would it be if you guys win the Portuguese Cup? Any at all, or would you still be disgusted with this season and the team?

Fady K

Congrats to my fellow CFC bros here.

Sorry for your loss benfica gaf. Felt so bad seeing fans and players crying. I hope you still have a say in the title.

Problem for Spurs is that if they sell Bale it will be in the final week of the transfer window and they won't have time to replace him :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom