• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

You see that Guardian scouting guy say the interest is concrete? Plus that Twitter ITK with solid foundations? It's got all the ingredients for a full muppet saga. I'm excited.

Too much smoke for there not to be something in this one. I reckon we've seen his injury as an opportunity, as we realistically shouldn't have a chance with this lad.

My guess is we've probably put out enquiries on about 20 players, inclusive of our 2nd and 3rd choices, which is why we're being linked to so many players. We've probably done this with a view to making sure everything is in place for 1st July.

Something seems different about this link though, like it did with Coutinho after Sneijder went to Gala.

i remember hearing Beckham talking for the first time, expecting a smooth, suave low tenor voice but instead got a weird high pitched softness of someone who would get raped and sodomized in jail countless times.

Linius

Back when I played football I had Beckham shoes for one season. Silver ones with little red accents, loved those shoes.

Bo-Locks

I feel as though he's underrated, too, the same goes for Gary Neville. They had one of the best partnerships in the world down the right hand side of the field. Both of them were intelligent, worked hard, played to their strengths, had a good understanding and won a lot of silverware. The game particularly at fullback and on the wing has just moved on in the past 15 years, left them behind and made them look dated. At his peak he was certainly one of the best wingers in the world.

That '99 side was incredible, and Beckham was a major part of it. Becks and G Nev on the right, Scholes and Keane in the center, Giggs on the left, and four superb strikers getting plenty of rotation. He contributed enormously to that team and throughout the mid-late nineties/early naughties. That alone proves that he was "world class".

I completely agree that he was the last "talisman figure" for England. Regardless of his superstar status, he was the focal point for England's best team of the last 20 years.. He was frozen out by McLaren because of his ego and the door was just shut in his face from that point on, leaving him no reason whatsoever not to go to LA.

After the transfer to Real in 2003 I can remember my mum stating with such confidence "That will be the last we hear of Beckham, now." I laughed because I knew how wrong she was. Ten years on and he's still one of the most famous men on the planet. lol

Thanks, Becks.

MPW

thanks for the memories becks!

without becks i doubt madrid would be #1 in revenue and most valuable club in the world today

pretty much all the players i grew up watching as a kid are gone :(

becks, zizzou, r9, roberto carlos, figo, rvn, owen .... wait giggs is still here!

Kyoufu

thanks for the memories becks!

without becks i doubt madrid would be #1 in revenue and most valuable club in the world today

pretty much all the players i grew up watching as a kid are gone :(

becks, zizzou, r9, roberto carlos, figo, rvn, owen .... wait giggs is still here!

Giggs will never retire.

it's Messi's birthday?

well congrats, dude. here's something to cheer you up on this joyous day:

ScreenShot2013-05-01at1.32.28PM_original.png

it's a picture of Barcelona's crest!!! ignore the rest.

Wilbur

Banned
i remember hearing Beckham talking for the first time, expecting a smooth, suave low tenor voice but instead got a weird high pitched softness of someone who would get raped and sodomized in jail countless times.

/dead. I wish Benfica had won last night for your arrogance

Is it normal for cats to go off of a maker of cat food? She hasn't eaten the chicken Wiskas that was put out this morning, turned her nose up at the beef that I just put out for her, but she's now eating the chicken Sheeba. She's always eaten Wiskas, anything to be worried about?

Is it normal for cats to go off of a maker of cat food? She hasn't eaten the chicken Wiskas that was put out this morning, turned her nose up at the beef that I just put out for her, but she's now eating the chicken Sheeba. She's always eaten Wiskas, anything to be worried about?

Probably just a mood thing or a little change. I've always used a little Friskies if he refuses to eat, Friskies makes him want to eat more so he just looks for the Wiskas.

Linius

Man I miss Entourage, it was so good for a while.

Ari Gold for president. And I'm amongst the few that enjoyed till the very end. Yes, it took a step back in quality but I loved these characters so much that it was hard for me to really criticise it :p

ain't you an Ajax supporter?

Yeah, but it's not secret I have feelings for Barca too. Besides that I don't really care for any other club. Well maybe Schalke a little for family's sake.

shortyme

Its pretty normal. Cats are fickle cunts. Mine decide they hate a certain brand every few months. Jerks.

Linius

Its pretty normal. Cats are fickle cunts. Mine decide they hate a certain brand every few months. Jerks.

Yep, so true. Especially our female cat is terrible. Such a diva.

The male is on a special diet, to prevend renal calculus so he doesn't have much choice :p

Messi

it's Messi's birthday?

well congrats, dude. here's something to cheer you up on this joyous day:

ScreenShot2013-05-01at1.32.28PM_original.png

it's a picture of Barcelona's crest!!! ignore the rest.

I won't forget this. I will get you back.

I love how Slizz is always up to date with the newest sets of olivia pictures lol

Timurid

Happy Birthday Messi!!!
Paris Saint-Germain is already prepared to through everything at Cristiano Ronaldo to get him to the French capital, sports.terra.com reported, citing L'Equipe.

The Portuguese striker's renovation with Real Madrid is still up in the air and the Parisian club hopes to take advantage of the situation.

Cristiano is still in a tense standoff with Florentino Perez over his renovation, asking for 15 million Euros a season, costing Madrid 22.8 million Euros annually including taxes.

The PSG offer would give Ronaldo 18 million Euros a season, helping Ronaldo's leverage over Real Madrid. With that salary, the striker would become the second highest paid soccer player in the world, behind Samuel Eto'o (20 million).

To help the negotiations, the French club would offer 100 million Euros to the club for the transfer as well as manager Carlo Ancelotti, who is expected to succeed Mourinho in Real Madrid.

COCKS OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom