• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Who's the oldest?

I'm going with oldest player manager.

I edited it, it's fourth :p

Make up your mind Sleepless!

Xl8pjnl.gif

Meier

i remember hearing Beckham talking for the first time, expecting a smooth, suave low tenor voice but instead got a weird high pitched softness of someone who would get raped and sodomized in jail countless times.

:lol

This is so true. I expected a voice in line with Ser Jorah's dulcet tones when he talks but to say it's far from that would be an understatement.

subtles

According to Spanish papers (such as Marca) Jesus Navas says he's finally ready to leave Sevilla and seek a new challenge. Good for him if he overcame is homesickness.

Meier

One of my friends produces this spreadsheet monitoring the production of the top players in the world.

It's not an exact science and isn't adjusted for league difficulty etc but it's still fairly interesting.

Top Player Production

Fucking hell at Muniain's production. I knew it was bad this year but that is godawful. That kid has to get out of Bilbao ASAP.

Empty

happy birthday messi

and bye becks. loads of memories of him in a united shirt as he was the star when i was a kid getting into football. despite being the figure head for an underachieving golden generation, i always thought he was a great england captain, very hard working and genuine and a strong role model for kids. i also admire him for being the rare brit trying to cut it in other european leagues. thanks for all the memories you beautiful beautiful man.

Rad-

Becks was an assist machine. His PL stats from his best years with United:

Code:
               Games      Goals      Assists
1997/98	 	37	    9	       24
1998/99	 	34	    6	       22
1999/00	 	31	    6	       33
2000/01	 	31	    9	       18
2001/02	 	28	    11	       16

I always thought he was somewhat underrated. A lot of people called him just a pretty face but he was a world class player too.

Code:

Amazing stats. It felt like we scored off every single cross of his.

tri_willy

Code:

I always thought he was somewhat underrated. A lot of people called him just a pretty face but he was a world class player too.

dat 1999/00

dc89

BKYK25CCIAAWfyM.jpg

So many City kit's doing the rounds now! I hope that's fake.

But this:

BKZh6OoCYAAsToh.jpg:large

I hope is real. We've seen it before but I've not seen that picture. Looking good!

kharma45

From another thread

Saw this last night at a 11:15 showing. Well, it was SUPPOSE to be a 11:15 showing, but it was delayed for 15 minutes before the cops showed up and had some guy walk with them out of the theater for some unknown reason. (dude didn't look sketchy, but I think I heard he might have had a concealed weapon and the theater has a no gun policy or something)

What. Sure I'll take my gun with me to the movies.

Clegg

Viva I was left very disappointed by that corrienationstreet bloke on twitter.

That's a hit to your credibility I'm afraid.

Meier

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKYK25CCIAAWfyM.jpg[IMG]

So many City kit's doing the rounds now! I hope that's fake.

But this:

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKZh6OoCYAAsToh.jpg:large[IMG]

I hope is real. We've seen it before but I've not seen that picture. Looking good![/QUOTE]

Oh dear lord at the possible away kit.. YIKES! The home is a little plain but not too shabby. Not a huge fan of the rings around the sleeves and collar but oh well.

US Footy-GAF: You can get 20% off the clearance items at Nike's web store by using BANKSHOT -- [url]http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pwp,c-1+100701/f-4294967140/hf-10002+37001[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom