• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
He's only vice-captain..

Vidic will be rested in tandem with Rio I believe, so half the time he'll be captain.

Sorry Wilbury, but IM3 was absolutely terrible.

Nah, it was great fun. Didn't take itself seriously like almost every other superhero movie does, some great performances, surprises, well directed action, good script... I really enjoyed it.

edit: Best Marvel movie.

Feorax

It's looking more and more to me like our two CB signings will be Papadopolous and Lovren. I also reckon we might get Ilori, but he would be used as cover for LB for the time being, as seems to be the way we develop centre backs.

Maybe Martin Montoya on loan too. I'd be happy if we could pull these deals off.

EDIT: Lovren keeps retweeting Liverpool fans :lol. If he's not signing for us he's on a proper windup :p

Koko

Banned
Pretty sure these players will be sold:

Villa
Valdes
Bojan
Afellay
Dos Santos
Cuenca
Fontàs

Players coming in:

Neymar
2 defenders pls.

Would probably make 35m+ on those sales and who knows how much Neymar will be. One trillion squids.

He isn't going anywhere he is in love with Thiago:

jona2santos
A tu lado este dia aun fue mas especial #tamojuntosempre #teamo @thi_alcantara91

535e6558be5c11e2830722000a1f9d75_7.jpg

FootballFan

:lol

I don't care about the transfers except for #BaleVerrattiCarvajal Future

I just want to know who the fuck is going to our coach next season. And please not Benitez.

Benitez isn't even that bad. I don't get the haters. Liverpool failed for not keeping him.

He should go back to Valencia and destroy Real Madrid for not wanting him. Cunts.

edit
Damn last post was bottom of the page. Hate that.

Tc91

It's looking more and more to me like our two CB signings will be Papadopolous and Lovren. I also reckon we might get Ilori, but he would be used as cover for LB for the time being, as seems to be the way we develop centre backs.

Maybe Martin Montoya on loan too. I'd be happy if we could pull these deals off.

It should be: Kyriakos Papadopoulos and Sokratis Papastathopoulos

What a beast CB pairing that would be. Commentators would be fucked.

This time last year we began hearing the Kagawa to United stories.

More transfer links now pls.
Being serious, I wouldn't expect to hear anything soon or anything much this summer at all.

Last year was a bit of a one off in terms of muppetry cos Fergie was so open about our targets, relatively

Moyes hasn't even taken charge yet too so you would have to assume there will be a delay in terms of him assessing things, speaking to the players and going over current targets and his own ones.

Besides Moyes won't even be presented as our manager before July 1st so although he will probably start work behind the scenes I can't see things kicking into gear or being announced for a while.

Sorry.

FootballFan

I fucked the business model - Gobb Bluth

Dang, season two starts amazing guys :lol

Imo it gets better with repeat viewings. :lol so good.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Posting again because fuck bottom of the page. 50ppp

i just wanna buy it and my finger's hovering like a cunt

I'm not getting a fucking 200 quid special edition

just kiss me and tell me i'll be ok

By then it will be 140 squids or whatever you guys call money over there.

Nintendo Direct, is soon, I say wait and see if they announce anything else.

How much do people think their club will be spending/how many players do you think you'll bring in?

Arsenal have quite a bit of work to do over the summer, but that's nothing new. Priority has to be a striker.

Pretty sure these players will be sold:

Villa
Valdes
Bojan
Afellay
Dos Santos
Cuenca
Fontàs

Players coming in:

Neymar
2 defenders pls.
edit
Forgot and a goalkeeper. fucking Valdes leaving.

Would probably make 35m+ on those sales and who knows how much Neymar will be. One trillion squids.

Hahaha the muppet juices are flowing. You're in full muppet mode.

Seriously though fuck Isco, fuck Gotze, fuck Reus, fuck Suso and Cuntinho. Neymar is where it's at.

Can't wait to watch him play for Barca.

Me too! Though I don't agree with the fuck *insert player*. Those are all good players, and Suso has nice hair.

kharma45

Being serious, I wouldn't expect to hear anything soon or anything much this summer at all.

Last year was a bit of a one off in terms of muppetry cos Fergie was so open about our targets, relatively

Moyes hasn't even taken charge yet too so you would have to assume there will be a delay in terms of him assessing things, speaking to the players and going over current targets and his own ones.

Besides Moyes won't even be presented as our manager before July 1st so although he will probably start work behind the scenes I can't see things kicking into gear or being announced for a while.

Sorry.

I would imagine we've already sounded out most of our targets, Moyes will just oversee that they go smoothly and the club might let him add one or two of his own.

I fucked the business model - Gobb Bluth

Dang, season two starts amazing guys :lol

That's it, I'm rewatching some tonight.

subtles

If I was supporting the club who were going to sign him (looks like Barca at this point) then I would literally be going insane.

What I don't understand is why people say he has to prove himself in a big league and I don't want to compare him with Pele but Pele never did and he's considered the best ever.

I think people should just accept that he's gonna be an amazing player regardless of where he's playing Football.

I think a lot of it has to do with ignorance. Remember when everyone was suddenly fawning over Pirlo after the Euros? He turns 34 in two days. It's not like he hasn't been around is it? Even if Neymar were to move to the Italian league for example some people would still say he isn't "Premier League" proven. I blame a lot of it on the way pundits discuss the game as I mentioned earlier in the thread. Rather then educate their viewers on the game they keep spouting the same hyperbole over and over again. (Proper Analysis would look like THIS.) Oscar came directly from Brazil and everyone was suddenly surprised at how brilliant of a player he is, and question how they never heard of him? Neymar is on a highlight reel every week so imagine what he's going to be like? Falcao, Cavani, and Suarez just seem to come out of nowhere as well? What about that lad Lewandowski? Unless a center back is a famous name that's been talked about in punditry rooms over and over again then these players styling on them means nothing.

Clegg

Sorry.

This is not what I wanted to hear.

Fellaini and Baines it is then. By July 1st everyone we'd be interested in will already by tapped up by other clubs. Assuming we haven't begun negotiating by then.

Feorax

Fellaini and Baines it is then. By July 1st everyone we'd be interested in will already by tapped up by other clubs. Assuming we haven't begun negotiating by then.

Kuyt has already tapped up Strootman for us.

I'm sure things are in motion, just think considering all the changes at the club it's reasonable to assume things will be going slower than they would otherwise.

The DM just put up a story saying Barca has put Thiago up for sale and want £20m for him.
Mundo Deportivo (pro Barca paper) did a 4 page spread on this story in the week.

Clegg

I'm sure things are in motion, just think considering all the changes at the club it's reasonable to assume things will be going slower than they would otherwise.
I agree with you.

It's just not what I wanted to hear. The muppet in me couldn't handle no proper links until July.

It just seem quick because he's running up against/toward shit defenders.

He'll look slow in Europe, you'll see!

I don't get people that always say he's shit because the defenders he's facing are shit. In La Liga most of the defenders barring a couple of sides are total shit.

FootballFan

Have you seen the clip when he nutmegs someone with a header.

WITH A HEADER.

Where? I'm google/youtubing it. All I can find is fifa 13 clips.

I don't get people that always say he's shit because the defenders he's facing are shit. In La Liga most of the defenders barring a couple of sides are total shit.

Nearly the same amount of goals are scored in EPL/La liga. Don't really think it's that bad tbh.

Especially considering Messi/Ronaldo/Falcao play in La Liga, you'd expect much more goals if the defenders were that bad.

Wilbur

Banned
Need one win against bottom of the table and already relegated Sunderland at home to win the league with 4 games left. Suck dick Kharma

Fry

Yeah.

I'll be honest, sometimes I do think he's a bottler. He doesn't do much in big games and when he's most needed.

But that may be because Santos rely too much on him and because he's considered a very good player around here, so people always expect him to do the job.

kharma45

We have the same team you cock

2-0 up at half time, Scholes and Cleverley in a completely second string 11. PART ONE OF TREBLE 2K13 COMPLETE

Pfft not at this stage. I thought I had weeded out all the guff but they still can't resist going on a bad run after they draw a game.

Tonight for example, 8 straight wins and then boom, lose 2-0 Reading out of nowhere. Fucking game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom