• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

Santos' managing committee has accepted Barcelona's bid for Neymar. No announcement until next week, after end of regional league. [espnbra]

images

Apparently the Santos president is going to be holding a press conference shortly.

FootballFan

He'll do better because Messi is the focal point. The matches in which he's ineffective for Santos are the ones when defenders double up on him. For Barca those defenders will be doubling up on Messi, allowing Neymar more space when he has the ball. Those two together will be a logistical nightmare for opposition.

YES!!! MAKE ME BELIEVE WILLKILLER.

Neymar - Messi - Tello/Sanchez/Deulofeu.

Can't wait.

+ Song, Adriano and Bartra won't be our main CBs next season.

TREBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TRIPLETEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Eh, I would have said the same about Fabregas/Sanchez/Pedro/Villa but they're usually just foil for Messi to do his thing. It works but unless they address the fact they rely on him so heavily then the same problems that cropped up this year will crop up again.

Neymar isn't really the same type of player haha as them haha. I agree that they rely on him too heavily though. I think it would be a good move for both Neymar and Barca.

Clegg

Clubs are being linked with players but not a peep about possible United targets.

Fellaini just doesn't get the muppet juices flowing.

FootballFan

He will be amazing for Barca, like I said all the haters will be on the Neymar bandwagon.

0GTyCIk.jpg

I do agree with your points though. Santos and Brasil both suck. Every team they face can just focus on him.

Teams won't be able to do that unless they want Messi and Deulofeu to destroy them.

Meier

I do agree with your points though. Santos and Brasil both suck. Every team they face can just focus on him.

Teams won't be able to do that unless they want Messi and Deulofeu to destroy them.

He's still scored a load of goals this year but it seems like he's no doing as well since Ganso left and basically made him carry the entire load. I can't imagine how you'd deal with the pace and shiftiness of Neymar and Messi on opposite sides of the pitch. A nightmare.

subtles

I wonder how well will Vilanova be able to exploit the obvious strengths of those two tactically? Barcelona have relied on their intricate combinations to create space for years under Guardiola and Vilanova seems to have preferred a more direct approach this term. There is no doubt in my mind that based on their talents alone they will be a nightmare to defend against, but Fabregas for example sometimes looks lost on the pitch as his preferred spaces on the pitch are also those of Messi and Iniesta (the number of times Iniesta and Fabregas got in each others way was astounding and removed Barca's natural fluidity). There is a difference between utilizing a mechanism to half it's potential to constantly pushing it's limits. I fully understand Vilanova didn't have the chance to imprint his identity on the team fully yet and wait to see what Barca can achieve next season.

FootballFan

Guyz is the 3DS XL likely to go down anymore or is 140 the cheapest I'll get it? I'm so close to pressing order

Haha I swear you've asked/talked about 3DS price so many times.

Just wait for X/Y. That is what I'm doing. Will probably be bundle, with Froakie Special Edition 3DSXL.

Wilbur

Banned
Haha I swear you've asked/talked about 3DS price so many times.

Just wait for X/Y. That is what I'm doing. Will probably be bundle, with Froakie Special Edition 3DSXL.

i just wanna buy it and my finger's hovering like a cunt

I'm not getting a fucking 200 quid special edition

just kiss me and tell me i'll be ok

Salvadora

How much do people think their club will be spending/how many players do you think you'll bring in?

Arsenal have quite a bit of work to do over the summer, but that's nothing new. Priority has to be a striker.

Wilbur

Banned
How much do people think their club will be spending/how many players do you think you'll bring in?

Arsenal have quite a bit of work to do over the summer, but that's nothing new. Priority has to be a striker.

We'll spend about 50 gross, probably 30 odd net, but that's assuming we keep Rooney really. Zaha was 15m so I'll count that. I think we'll pick up a midfielder for around the same, and a young centre back for a tad less than 10m

I think we'll spend a fair bit. A couple of strikes and a CB for sure. We could do with a Jonas replacement too and probably another CM.

subtles

Hahaha the muppet juices are flowing. You're in full muppet mode.

Seriously though fuck Isco, fuck Gotze, fuck Reus, fuck Suso and Cuntinho. Neymar is where it's at.

Can't wait to watch him play for Barca.

Neymar and Coutinho were once labeled the hope of Brazilian football. One stayed in Brazil and developed while the other one went to Europe a little too early. Neymar is an exciting talent but I always thought Barca wouldn't want him because of his controversial past and Barca's "clean"* image.

*Mourinho would say otherwise

Meier

It's impossible to say how much City will spend. A lot will depend on how many we ship out and need to replace. New rumor about half the squad every day..

I think regardless of who goes out, we'll spend 20-25 on Isco, 10-15 on a young CB and at least 20 on a CM.

Salvadora

We'll spend about 50 gross, probably 30 odd net, but that's assuming we keep Rooney really. Zaha was 15m so I'll count that. I think we'll pick up a midfielder for around the same, and a young centre back for a tad less than 10m

I can see Baines making a move to you guys.

Wilbur

Banned
new Pacific Rim trailer... omg. Now I'm normally not a fan of big blockbusters, I can enjoy the oldies and classics and foreigns and niche films. But IM3, STID, Man Of Steel, Fast and Furious, and Pacific Rim, fucking awesome summer for blockbusters

I can see Baines making a move to you guys.

I dunno, I don't see Moyes willing to unseat Evra from captaincy and starter so quickly.

Tc91

Neymar and Coutinho were once labeled the hope of Brazilian football. One stayed in Brazil and developed while the other one went to Europe a little too early. Neymar is an exciting talent but I always thought Barca wouldn't want him because of his controversial past and Barca's "clean"* image.

*Mourinho would say otherwise

If I was supporting the club who were going to sign him (looks like Barca at this point) then I would literally be going insane.

What I don't understand is why people say he has to prove himself in a big league and I don't want to compare him with Pele but Pele never did and he's considered the best ever.

I think people should just accept that he's gonna be an amazing player regardless of where he's playing Football.

You guys want muppetry?

Viva_ITK may be the cure to your ills.

Are we signing Neymar?

FootballFan

i just wanna buy it and my finger's hovering like a cunt

I'm not getting a fucking 200 quid special edition

just kiss me and tell me i'll be ok

By then it will be 140 squids or whatever you guys call money over there.

Nintendo Direct, is soon, I say wait and see if they announce anything else.

Pretty sure these players will be sold:

Villa
Valdes
Bojan
Afellay
Dos Santos
Cuenca
Fontàs

Players coming in:

Neymar
2 defenders pls.

Would probably make 35m+ on those sales and who knows how much Neymar will be. One trillion squids.

Hahaha the muppet juices are flowing. You're in full muppet mode.

Seriously though fuck Isco, fuck Gotze, fuck Reus, fuck Suso and Cuntinho. Neymar is where it's at.

Can't wait to watch him play for Barca.

Me too! Though I don't agree with the fuck *insert player*. Those are all good players, and Suso has nice hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom