• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I KNOW.

I've never ever seen that before. Never seen anybody attempt it never mind execute it and then turn it into a goal. Kids got the maddest skills.

He has massive balls too for even trying that sort of shit haha :eek:

2015 Ballon d'Or Awards

1. Messi
2. Neymar
3. Deulofeu
Injustica. Ronaldo

Messi

Full muppet mode activated

tumblr_mfxmi5qINA1r5nz5bo1_400.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham are confident Gareth Bale will commit his future to the club next month - by signing a stunning new deal that will pay him £170,000-a-week.

Bale, already under contract at the White Hart Lane club until 2016, is expected to add another year to that deal AND have his wages almost doubled by chairman Daniel Levy.

maradonavkazy_zpsb7471a69.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Pfft not at this stage. I thought I had weeded out all the guff but they still can't resist going on a bad run after they draw a game.

Tonight for example, 8 straight wins and then boom, lose 2-0 Reading out of nowhere. Fucking game.

loooool

I'm unbeaten in all competitions in 31 games, just won the league, got Blackburn in the FA Cup final, Barca in the semis of the CL. Chelsea can't finish higher than sixth, Spurs are second, City third, Arsenal fourth. What a season.

kharma45

loooool

I'm unbeaten in all competitions in 31 games, just won the league, got Blackburn in the FA Cup final, Barca in the semis of the CL. Chelsea can't finish higher than sixth, Spurs are second, City third, Arsenal fourth. What a season.

Stop saving before every match.

Just messing. This save just seems cursed for me, might start afresh but I don't want to lose my precious regens :(

FootballFan

Neymar is obviously talented, he does things with the ball that not many, if any, could do.

With Messi next to him occupying defenders and giving him amazing passes, he will only get better. After some mental training and talks from Tito/Leo, he'll learn a lot.

Next season will be godly. Remuntada season. We will destroy Pep in the final.

Ushojax

Adebayor is expected to be followed out of the exit door by 35-year-old defender William Gallas and midfielders Tom Huddlestone and Gylfi Sigurdsson, who are keen to find more regular first-team football.

AVB don't you fucking dare. Gylfi is going to be class.

K1LLER7

He has massive balls too for even trying that sort of shit haha :eek:

2015 Ballon d'Or Awards

1. Messi
2. Neymar
3. Deulofeu
Injustica. Ronaldo

you betray Januzaj.

I'd like to see Neymar pull some of this stuff off in the CL and against top teams. Will look forward to seeing what he can do in the world cup.

Would Tottenham really do something like that wages wise?

Yes, because he probably deserves twice as much as everyone else in the squad.

And realistically if he signed he wouldn't see more than one or two years of that contract.

Levy already destroyed his wage structure for Adebayor. Might as well do it for a player that's actually good.

No he didn't. He paid Adebayor a lot up front so that wouldn't happen.

Messi

Neymar is obviously talented, he does things with the ball that not many, if any, could do.

With Messi next to him occupying defenders and giving him amazing passes, he will only get better. Some mental training and talks from Tito/Leo he learn a lot.

tumblr_mfxmi5qINA1r5nz5bo1_400.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Stop saving before every match.

Just messing. This save just seems cursed for me, might start afresh but I don't want to lose my precious regens :(

I used to do that when I was younger and couldn't take defeat. Now I'm a straight up baller.

Salvadora

Those Bale wages have been rumoured for a while now. It seems pretty unnecessary to be honest, more money isn't going to keep him at that club.

MPW

With Messi next to him occupying defenders and giving him amazing passes, he will only get better. After some mental training and talks from Tito/Leo, he'll learn a lot.

ribery_ima_240113.jpg

FootballFan

you betray Januzaj.

I'd like to see Neymar pull some of this stuff off in the CL and against top teams. Will look forward to seeing what he can do in the world cup.

Januzaj will still be moving up the rankings, he will only be 2 by then. He will take Deulofeu's spot(on the Ballon d'Or list) the following season after Barca sign him.

Dat hold up play.

Meier

Levy already destroyed his wage structure for Adebayor. Might as well do it for a player that's actually good.
He wouldn't do it significantly for Adebayor. We're paying something like £100k per week of his wages still apparently.

FootballFan

Hold on to something guys, jealous Madridistas incoming.

They are crying into their already Neymar printed shirts while typing "I didn't want him anyway" *sniff*

K1LLER7

Januzaj will still be moving up the rankings, he will only be 2 by then. He will take Deulofeu's spot(on the Ballon d'Or list) the following season after Barca sign him.

Dat hold up play.
:lol Dat hold up play. He won't need to do that at Barca.

Barca will sign him and ruin him. Like they did with Alexis :(

He should have come to United the diving JT.

Ushojax

Those Bale wages have been rumoured for a while now. It seems pretty unnecessary to be honest, more money isn't going to keep him at that club.

It won't be an incentive to stay but the wage would reflect his position in the squad. Why wouldn't Bale stay another year and earn absurd money while he continues his development? Are Real Madrid not going to want to sign him 12 months from now when he's improved his right foot and has become a true roving forward rather than a converted winger?

Bale's value is only going to go up (unless he gets an injury), he's young and enjoying playing for AVB and Spurs. Bale is not currently pursuing a move away from Spurs and I don't expect him to push for one until the end of next season, depending on where we are in the league.

FootballFan

:lol Dat hold up play. He won't need to do that at Barca.

Barca will sign him and ruin him. Like they did with Alexis :(

He should have come to United the diving JT.

:p Januzaj wouldn't fit us true. Alexis will, seriously, or at least he can. He has shown glimpses of great play. Still young too. Maybe with Villa leaving it will be good for him.

Januzaj is surprisingly strong/well balanced for a skinny guy. Reminds me of 16 year old Messi not getting pushed over by 6'4 CBs.

Neymar gonna flop hard. not Robinho 2.0, Neymar 1.0 level of shitness. can't wait till he meets a PL or german side that stiffs him up a little.

in other news, apparently Everton is thinking about taking Jorge Jesus. good.

Clegg

If Neymar joins then we'll probably see Villa and maybe Pedro leave too.

Probably an outside chance of Thiago getting fed up of being shoved down the pecking order too.

Hixx

rofl looks like our assistant kit manager (why is that even a thing) is going to get sacked for slating Mancini on twitter
KuGsj.gif

Salvadora

It won't be an incentive to stay but the wage would reflect his position in the squad. Why wouldn't Bale stay another year and earn absurd money while he continues his development? Are Real Madrid not going to want to sign him 12 months from now when he's improved his right foot and has become a true roving forward rather than a converted winger?

Bale's value is only going to go up (unless he gets an injury), he's young and enjoying playing for AVB and Spurs. Bale is not currently pursuing a move away from Spurs and I don't expect him to push for one until the end of next season, depending on where we are in the league.

Tottenham should know it's place, and 170K/pw wages it is not.

I'd imagine that Bale is going to stay until next season regardless of how much he is earning.

Zabojnik

Mind blown. Apparently Meier's bro is a pretty badass guitarist. Which makes Meier's taste in balls-less rock music even more shocking. Must be the black sheep of the family.
I'm joking. Kinda. <3

FootballFan

If Neymar joins then we'll probably see Villa and maybe Pedro leave too.

Probably an outside chance of Thiago getting fed up of being shoved down the pecking order too.

Villa? Yes. Pedro? Doubt it. Thiago? Nope.

Thiago gets heaps of time on the field, one of the main reasons cesc cries about lack of games. I have a lot of faith in thiago. He misses passes and makes mistakes but so did busquets.

He does a lot really well, slowly will make less and less mistakes with experience while improving on his already very good other abilities.

Damn, remember how many barca fans were going nuts at pep for using busquets instead of yaya, claims that he only used him because he knew his dad lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom