• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Mmmmm, Anderlecht - Zulte Waregem Sunday for the championship. What a finish to the season.

The USMNT has a player on Anderlecht so I am pulling for them. Go Sacha!

Persona 4g is amazing. I recommend a Vita to every one.

It is definitely the best game on the system but not worth buying one for IMO. I spent damn near 100 hours on it though.. loved every second.

MiKeD

Banned
How has the younger Hazard been doing? I assume well as he has been called up to the NT?

Yup, he's been improving a lot. He used to be in the shadow of Franck Berrier for most part of this season but is really coming through now. Wilmots sees a lot of potential in him aswell, although it's still way too early for him to get a starting job at the NT.

Wilbur

Banned
YESSS just beat Madrid 1-0 away in the first leg of the quarter final, Welbeck goal. Chelsea beat Bayern 2-1 away in another quarter as well. Barca vs Juve and Arsenal vs Celtic are the other ones

subtles

YESSS just beat Madrid 1-0 away in the first leg of the quarter final, Welbeck goal. Chelsea beat Bayern 2-1 away in another quarter as well. Barca vs Juve and Arsenal vs Celtic are the other ones

Good luck, the game does some unfair things sometimes.

LTWheels

It is definitely the best game on the system but not worth buying one for IMOu. I spent damn near 100 hours on it though.. loved every second.

I'm around July/August. I previously played P3P last year and I loved it. I can't wait for the P5 announcement. As a European the wait makes it almost unbearably.

Vita is a lovely piece of kit. The tech behind it is fantastic.

MiKeD

Banned

Let the underdog win. It's a joke league anyways so why not send Zulte Waregem to the CL :D

I used to be a HUGE Anderlecht fan back in the day of Radzinski. He is up there when it comes to my favourite players of all time. Now, I barely follow Belgian footy because of the atrocious, and I mean ATROCIOUS level of play recent years.

But I would love to see the small club advance to the CL, too funny.

Wilbur

Banned
Good luck, the game does some unfair things sometimes.

I know haha! But fuck it, I'm confident. 14 points ahead in the league with 7 games left.

This run of games man... its tough! Madrid away, City away, Madrid at home, Stoke in the FA Cup semi, Chelsea at home. Haven't let in a goal in seven now including that Madrid game, if I get through these with that same record I'll be fucking delighted.

LTWheels

The game is amazing and has unbelievable production values. Gravity Rush was amazing as well.

I played through Gravity Rush on PSN Plus. Good game but had some flaws. Would like a sequel.

I ordered P4 arena which should arrive today. I've been looking up combos and that has spoiled me on P4 villain :(

I would go gay for P5.

Linius

I used to be a HUGE Anderlecht fan back in the day of Radzinski. He is up there when it comes to my favourite players of all time. Now, I barely follow Belgian footy because of the atrocious, and I mean ATROCIOUS level of play recent years.

But I would love to see the small club advance to the CL, too funny.

I remember us playing Zulte Waregem in the Uefa Cup years back and we had to play at some other clubs stadium because the lights weren't up to the Uefa's standards :p

Still can't believe we lost to fucking Anderlecht this season. Worse than even losing Basel. Lol, if we won we would have been in the CL knockout rounds. *sigh*

I wonder what you or gaf would've said if it was Bayern doing it.

You make it sound like I like Dortmund any better than Dortmund. :lol

The dortmund bandwagon wankers would probably have cried their eyes out. But that's how it is, stop being a cry baby, everyone hates Chelsea too and you just gotta enjoy the hate, if you keep crying about it people will find it hilarious.

MiKeD

Banned
I remember us playing Zulte Waregem in the Uefa Cup years back and we had to play at some other clubs stadium because the lights weren't up to the Uefa's standards :p

Ah yea, they actually managed to get through the Group stage if I remember correctly.
Will probably have to do it again next season.

spidye

The dortmund bandwagon wankers would probably have cried their eyes out. But that's how it is, stop being a cry baby, everyone hates Chelsea too and you just gotta enjoy the hate, if you keep crying about it people will find it hilarious.

wut?

subtles

I know haha! But fuck it, I'm confident. 14 points ahead in the league with 7 games left.

This run of games man... its tough! Madrid away, City away, Madrid at home, Stoke in the FA Cup semi, Chelsea at home. Haven't let in a goal in seven now including that Madrid game, if I get through these with that same record I'll be fucking delighted.

You'd probably be a club legend. Which reminds me, I don't know if it was here or elsewhere, but someone managed a club for 10 or so seasons before moving on. The club then built a new stadium after a season or two and named it after their new manager. He won everything there was to win and deserved better respect.

FootballFan

Fuck Copenhagen. Midtyland 4 lyfe. #SpiritOfWinstonReid

That is what happens when listening to Wilkiller claim Timurid sounds like Michael Jackson and start singing his songs while trying to type a post. I meant Bayern obviously, fuck both Bayern and Dortmund, mostly Schalke though.

Fuck Copenhagen. Midtyland 4 lyfe. #SpiritOfWinstonReid

We haven't won for so many games now lol. The players don't give a shit, don't even think we have scored for the last 3.

Yup, he's been improving a lot. He used to be in the shadow of Franck Berrier for most part of this season but is really coming through now. Wilmots sees a lot of potential in him aswell, although it's still way too early for him to get a starting job at the NT.

Good. Hope to see him and Eden playing for the same team soonish :D

You'd probably be a club legend. Which reminds me, I don't know if it was here or elsewhere, but someone managed a club for 10 or so seasons before moving on. The club then built a new stadium after a season or two and named it after their new manager. He won everything there was to win and deserved better respect.

When I was managing Zenit in FM, they named their new stadium Arshavin Park. Arshavin wasn't even retired at that point, he was still playing for Arsenal, lol

spidye

That is what happens when listening to Wilkiller claim Timurid sounds like Michael Jackson and start singing his songs while trying to type a post. I meant Bayern obviously, fuck both Bayern and Dortmund, mostly Schalke though.

wut???

that's even more confusing

Razor554

Santos' managing committee has accepted Barcelona's bid for Neymar. No announcement until next week, after end of regional league. [espnbra]

images

Fry

I find it really disgusting how players casually clean their noses right there on the pitch.

They always have a full nose, too. It's incredible.

/RandomHitcher-likePost

kharma45

I find it really disgusting how players casually clean their noses right there on the pitch.

/RandomHitcher-likePost

I don't understand why they need to do it. In all my time playing rugby I never had the desire nor need to.

spidye

/RandomHitcher-likePost

although it is kinda disgusting it's totally physiological to have more mucus when you exercise.

Meier

Santos' managing committee has accepted Barcelona's bid for Neymar. No announcement until next week, after end of regional league. [espnbra]

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnt07MyfZNAoxj3AkkFrMny0qPXblk725aRtqJP8MsoAvM-uQc[IMG][/QUOTE]

I think he'll do incredibly well at Barca -- Spain is a good league for him. It was always obvious Santos would have to sell him this summer due to the fact his deal ran out in 2014. The whole staying in Brazil until after the WC never made much sense since it didn't seem like he was interested in signing a new deal.

I never even thought about Santos meaning Saints. I never think to translate the team names.

Wilbur

Banned
Neymar's gonna do fuck all with Messi as focal point.

Celtic in the CL semis in my FM :lol. Beat Milan home and away in the groups, just knocked Arsenal out 3-1 on aggregate. Fucking shit

Meier

So how much money are we talking about here?

It'll be a bit of a weird transfer due to his ownership being so split up.. the article (Google translate) says: "Your rights are divided as follows: 45% are from Santos, 40% are from DIS - Probe arm's sporting group, 5% are from Teisa (Third Star Investments) and the remaining 10% are from the player himself." I'm sure there will be a wide variety in printed amounts. Can't see any way he goes for less than €60m though.

Linius

Let's do this Barça Gaf. Neymar is a beast, he will conquer the European football fields. He will become the legend we all deserve!

Feorax

Dirk Kuyt:

"If I were Strootman or de Vrij, I would ride my bike to join Liverpool. It is a pleasure to play in front of their fans."

<3 Kuyt. Also love the fact that our ex-players are happy to tap up our targets for us.

Neymar's gonna do fuck all with Messi as focal point.

Celtic in the CL semis in my FM :lol. Beat Milan home and away in the groups, just knocked Arsenal out 3-1 on aggregate. Fucking shit

He'll do better because Messi is the focal point. The matches in which he's ineffective for Santos are the ones when defenders double up on him. For Barca those defenders will be doubling up on Messi, allowing Neymar more space when he has the ball. Those two together will be a logistical nightmare for opposition.

Wilbur

Banned
He'll do better because Messi is the focal point. The matches in which he's ineffective for Santos are the ones when defenders double up on him. For Barca those defenders will be doubling up on Messi, allowing Neymar more space when he has the ball. Those two together will be a logistical nightmare for opposition.

Eh, I would have said the same about Fabregas/Sanchez/Pedro/Villa but they're usually just foil for Messi to do his thing. It works but unless they address the fact they rely on him so heavily then the same problems that cropped up this year will crop up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom