• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

Liverpool fans all mouthy now that the nasty league table is going away and they can pretend that

a) Christian Eriksen has even fucken heard of their relic of a club

lol wat

Eriksen to Pool? Clearly Brenton has more pull than we all thought.

:lol

jr1or7Tcu1tN1.png

FootballFan

lolwut? we are glad we didn't sign neymar

Yeah and Man United fans are glad SAF is leaving, Liverpool fans are glad Benitez isn't there anymore, and Madridistas are happy they didn't win La Decima. *Sarcasm just in case*

Stop it bro.

You want him, we all know.

We seem to be getting quite a bit of media attention at the moment, what with Moyesy taking over at United and Beckham retiring.

Ah, what I wouldn't give to see those two back at Deepdale...

MPW

"Everybody understood that - yeah?"

(Slamming his fist into the blackboard where the tactical formations were drawn out) "Well this isn't worth ANYTHING! WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU ARE BETTER THAN THEM ... AND I'M ******* SICK OF LOSING TO THAT LOT!

"I'm sick of losing in this stadium. What matters is that you are Atletico Madrid and there are 50,000 fans out there who would die for you and that means you have to be willing to die for them. "You have to go out there and say that there's only one Champion on this pitch and it's wearing red and white!" http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/5754?cc=5901

dat aragones!

RM needs to pressure early and score couple of goals.

If atletico scores first, things could get very interesting.

oh and Nintendo better have a great e3 cause EA is not developing anymore games for Wiiu (no fifa for wiiu only gamers)

xintin

It's going to feel weird not having Mancini around. I don't think Pellegrini is going to be anymore successful than Mancini was.
he'll get them out of the CL group stage at least. League wise I'm not entirely sold either, but I feel the PL will be a lot more open next season than it has been for a long time so he's in with a shout.

Lightning

Banned
he'll get them out of the CL group stage at least. League wise I'm not entirely sold either, but I feel the PL will be a lot more open next season than it has been for a long time so he's in with a shout.
Group stage not withstanding and that's not guaranteed either. City's seeding is shit so they will likely get another group of death involving Barca/Bayern/Madrid again.

In the league I am sure he will find it hard going. I'm not sold on him, I'm really not.

Meier

In the league I am sure he will find it hard going. I'm not sold on him, I'm really not.
Keep in mind that the best player on Arsenal's success is due in large part to the fact he worked with/played under Pellegrini for his formative years.

Pellegrini will come in to the league as the third best coach (at worst) behind Mourinho and maybe Wenger.

GorillaJu

Keep in mind that the best player on Arsenal's success is due in large part to the fact he worked with/played under Pellegrini for his formative years.

Pellegrini will come in to the league as the third best coach (at worst) behind Mourinho and maybe Wenger.

LOL please. Brentan is top and everyone alive knows it.

Meier

LOL please. Brentan is top and everyone alive knows it.
I know people give him crap over his ridiculous David Brentisms but I like him a lot and he certainly could be in time. His teams play very attractive football. I am looking forward to seeing City do the same under the Engineer.

GorillaJu

I know people give him crap over his ridiculous David Brentisms but I like him a lot and he certainly could be in time. His teams play very attractive football. I am looking forward to seeing City do the same under the Engineer.

I wonder who Pellegrini will buy/use. I'm sure Aguero will be a mainstay (as he should be under any manager), but beyond that I know very little about what type of players he likes or uses.

Aguero's going to Madrid, plain as day. They're not getting Cavani or Falcao, so it's pretty clear who they will go for. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if City have been sorting a deal for Cavani in response to a deal in principle being agreed for Aguero.

Lightning

Banned

You need to keep in mind what City's objectives are though and weigh up if Pellegrini is the man or not. Mancini won the league last season, the FA cup the season before and got to the final of the FA cup this season and finished second and still got the sack. Champions League aside do you really think Pellegrini has the capability to top that? I have my doubts.

He has credible achievements in his career I'm not taking that away from him but City have set the bar very high.

Liverpool need to do much better than 7th and flopping out of all cups early for Rodgers to even be mentioned.

I find it really disgusting how players casually clean their noses right there on the pitch.

They always have a full nose, too. It's incredible.

/RandomHitcher-likePost

You're such a moron

Does anyone else find it weird and disgusting when players clear their noses on the pitch? Its always a hefty amount of mucus as well. Why do they do it? Have you done it when playing sport? How awesome are Sony? Are they as good as Cout-Cout?

There, that's more like it :p

Lightning

Banned
Aguero's going to Madrid, plain as day. They're not getting Cavani or Falcao, so it's pretty clear who they will go for. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if City have been sorting a deal for Cavani in response to a deal in principle being agreed for Aguero.
Who do you think Chelsea are going to blow their 100mil on then?

Who do you think Chelsea are going to blow their 100mil on then?

Depends. I'm thinking they might go for Gomez or Benteke, since they will presumably lose to City in any bidding war for Cavani. But then I remembered Mourinho's main weakness is his transfer acumen so they may end up with a mish mash of squad level players.

deGod

Is falcao not going to Monaco then to RM in January window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom